PDA

View Full Version : The Jesus Factor with George Bush. Check it out

sharkattack
04-29-2004, 08:44 AM
This looks to be pretty interesting:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jesus/

jestros
04-29-2004, 08:47 AM
damn, thats on tonight, I'm definately watching.

Canadian Nanook
04-29-2004, 08:29 PM
didn't bush make a Jesus day in Texas? IF so, then what is christmas and newyears and easter for, Not Jesus?

TranceNRG
04-29-2004, 09:42 PM
to me evangelics and fundamental muslims are the same.

they both belief only their path leads to heavens.
and they're too close-minded to accept anything else than their own opinions.

Reborn79
04-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by TranceNRG

Prepare to be....flamed.

Heywood_Jablome
04-29-2004, 10:44 PM

Thank you Captain Obvious. Thats how everyone from a different religion sees other religions too.

TranceNRG
04-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Heywood_Jablome
Thank you Captain Obvious. Thats how everyone from a different religion sees other religions too.

but it's quite interesting
how Bush has many followers but as soon as a fundamental muslim opens his mouth, all these conservative/repulicans/evangelists on this board and around put him down and call him close-minded and etc.

can't they see the leader of their own country is no different?

irpker
04-30-2004, 02:58 AM
So how about those Evangelical christians hijacking planes, flying planes into buildings and strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves up in public areas in order to kill as many non-combatants as possible?

Oh wait....

kmac12
04-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Canadian Nanook
didn't bush make a Jesus day in Texas? IF so, then what is christmas and newyears and easter for, Not Jesus?

I live in Texas and have never heard of Jesus day. I do not know where you heard this.

Maybe a leftwing Canadian newspaper? ;)

kmac12
04-30-2004, 07:23 AM
I thought the doco was good and I have even more respect for him now for standing behind his beliefs.

I am sure that it is difficult for him to balance politics and religion. That has been an issue from the foundation of this country.

jake24
04-30-2004, 08:11 AM

and they're too close-minded to accept anything else than their own opinions. what have you been smoking must be some powerfull stuff .you cant see the difference between evangelics and fundamental muslims how many christians have you seen that killed people and slaughtered them for there believes how many christians are suicide bombers.muslims are taught to hate, christians are taught to love they are complete opposites.would you rather have a muslim terriost that hates everyone that is not muslim living next door to you or a true christian that are taught to love everyone even if there not christian, they are taught to love there enemies, and muslims are taught to murder there enimies.next time you say something make sure you know what in the world your talking about.

CITADEL
04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by jake24
how many christians have you seen that killed people and slaughtered them for there believes

The Christian church has killed many more people than Islam ever will. If you think Islam is evil now you must be igorant to the past of the Christian church. Religion gives people just another reason to hate.

kmac12
04-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by CITADEL
The Christian church has killed many more people than Islam ever will.

I am not defending either religions, but I do not think you can make that statement since you cannot see the future.

We live in a world of nukes now.

CITADEL
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kmac12
I am not defending either religions, but I do not think you can make that statement since you cannot see the future.

We live in a world of nukes now.

OK fair enough, when some Muslims drops a nuke in the name of Allah and kills millions upon millions they can have the title of the greatest terror organization this world has ever seen, until then it belongs to the Christian church.

BuckWyld
04-30-2004, 09:15 AM
, christians are taught to love

anyone want to dig up the jerry falwell quote that said something like god hates ***s, and the reason we have aids is that god is punishing gay people?

TranceNRG
04-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by irpker
So how about those Evangelical christians hijacking planes, flying planes into buildings and strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves up in public areas in order to kill as many non-combatants as possible?

Oh wait....

I'm pretty sure if you piss them enough by supporting their opressor (hypothetical) or if they ever see an attack on their religion, they'd do teh same for their cause.

TranceNRG
04-30-2004, 09:20 AM
what have you been smoking must be some powerfull stuff .you cant see the difference between evangelics and fundamental muslims how many christians have you seen that killed people and slaughtered them for there believes how many christians are suicide bombers.muslims are taught to hate, christians are taught to love they are complete opposites.would you rather have a muslim terriost that hates everyone that is not muslim living next door to you or a true christian that are taught to love everyone even if there not christian, they are taught to love there enemies, and muslims are taught to murder there enimies.next time you say something make sure you know what in the world your talking about.

Muslims are taught hate?
haha

ok, das where I stopped reading your post

edit:

read other replies to your post.

kmac12
04-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Muslims are taught hate?
haha

ok, das where I stopped reading your post

edit:

read other replies to your post.

Yes, some ARE taught hate. Just like some christians are taught to hate other races and/or homosexuals.

Both religions have extremists that twist the meaning of the Bible or Koran.

Currently, the Muslim extremists are wrecking more havoc and terror than Christians (9/11 and so on). But, I know that the majority of muslims do not agree with the extremists (many of my friends and coworkers are muslim).

Just like the extremist christian pro-lifers who have killed abortion doctors in the past. The majority of christians do not condone those actions.

Basically, there are extremists in every religion and they kill by twisting the words of scripture.

The Kurgan
04-30-2004, 10:53 AM
If only religion could inspire love and giving, peace and harmony. Rather than hate, war and needless suffering.

After all, at their heart most religions teach a fairly peaceful doctrine. Unfortunately it seems no prophet, messiah, Buddha or God has figured out that some people are arses.

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi, my name is Eric Rudolph and I like to blow up abortion clinics.

I can't wait for the Olympics to start.

Praise the Lord.

jake24
04-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CITADEL
The Christian church has killed many more people than Islam ever will. If you think Islam is evil now you must be igorant to the past of the Christian church. Religion gives people just another reason to hate. not true any one can call themselves christian but they are known by there fruit i doubt there were real christians to begin with but today how many christian suicide bomberes do you see.how many times do you turn on the news and see some christians blow people up in the name of there god the only people i see doing that are extreme muslims.

jake24
04-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by BuckWyld
anyone want to dig up the jerry falwell quote that said something like god hates ***s, and the reason we have aids is that god is punishing gay people? god does not hate gays he loves them but he hates what they do behind closed doors. being gay is an amboninaton to god there is no doubt about that, he loves sinners and hates the sins they commit thats why god says come as your are he will forgive any sin that you have commited he commands all men everywhere to repent for the remission of sins.and aids being a punishment for gays it is possible but i dont know so i wont voice my oppinion on that.

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 02:13 PM
god does not hate gays he loves them but he hates what they do behind closed doors. being gay is an amboninaton to god there is no doubt about that, he loves sinners and hates the sins they commit thats why god says come as your are he will forgive any sin that you have commited he commands all men everywhere to repent for the remission of sins.and aids being a punishment for gays it is possible but i dont know so i wont voice my oppinion on that.

Re-read your bible. God clearly wants these people dead.

And nowhere in the bible does it say god loves the sinner but hates the sin, that is christian spin.

kmac12
04-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller

And nowhere in the bible does it say god loves the sinner but hates the sin, that is christian spin.

I do not know where it says that, but it also says 'Thou shalt not kill'.

Leave the wrath of God to him. Vengence is mine saith the Lord. If he wants someone dead then he will kill them. He doesn't need christians or muslims help to do it.

jake24
04-30-2004, 02:32 PM

And nowhere in the bible does it say god loves the sinner but hates the sin, that is christian spin. for the wages of sin is death spiritual death lying is a sin so the wages of that sin is death the wages of all sin is death in fact your are dead right now you are spiritually dead all sinners are thats why in the bible it says that when you repent you pass from death to life. you have to be perfect to meet gods standards the law brings the knowledge of sin and blood must be shed for those sins and a sacrifice must be given for forgiveness of your sins and that sacrifice is jesus christ if you will repent and put your faith in christ you will pass from death to life and he will forgive every sin you ever commited and he will write your name in the lambs book of life but if you dont repent and you know that the wages of sin is death you will die in your sins and will be separated from god for eternity and spend it in hell. your choice

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 02:41 PM
So Jesus is the good cop?

God will come back sometime along with Jesus after most of the planet destroys itself ? At that time all the people of other religions will have to accept this god and Jesus as the rulers of the earth or they will be killed and go to Hell?

Quite a spiritual staightjacket.

kmac12
04-30-2004, 02:51 PM

God will come back sometime along with Jesus after most of the planet destroys itself ? At that time all the people of other religions will have to accept this god and Jesus as the rulers of the earth or they will be killed and go to Hell?

Quite a spiritual staightjacket.

Yep, John 3:16 buddy.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

You better start getting used to the heat. ;)

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Yep, John 3:16 buddy.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

You better start getting used to the heat. ;)

Not according to my latest fortune cookie.

jake24
04-30-2004, 03:46 PM

Quite a spiritual staightjacket. you have to accept jesus he is the only sacrifice for your sins there is no other way to get rid of your sins but by the blood of jesus if you dont accept it you will die in your sins and spend eternity in hell its that simple he is not trying to run a dictatorship he wont force you to accept him it is your choice you can let him free you from your sins and go to heavan or die in your sins and go to hell. he is offering you and everyone a free gift that you dont deserve why some people dont accept that gift i dont know.it is not our fault other religions are decieved they will in fact have to accept jesus as well and yes when jesus returns to earth he will come to judge and will rule and reign the earth for 1,000 years and there will be 1,000 years of peace i cant wait also the christians will reign with him. the bible says that god resist the proud and gives grace to the humble maybee if you humble your self you will see the light.

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 04:00 PM
you have to accept jesus he is the only sacrifice for your sins there is no other way to get rid of your sins but by the blood of jesus if you dont accept it you will die in your sins and spend eternity in hell its that simple he is not trying to run a dictatorship he wont force you to accept him it is your choice you can let him free you from your sins and go to heavan or die in your sins and go to hell. he is offering you and everyone a free gift that you dont deserve why some people dont accept that gift i dont know.it is not our fault other religions are decieved they will in fact have to accept jesus as well and yes when jesus returns to earth he will come to judge and will rule and reign the earth for 1,000 years and there will be 1,000 years of peace i cant wait also the christians will reign with him. the bible says that god resist the proud and gives grace to the humble maybee if you humble your self you will see the light.

A rather narrow Abrahamic view of the worlds religions Jake.

irpker
04-30-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure if you piss them enough by supporting their opressor (hypothetical) or if they ever see an attack on their religion, they'd do teh same for their cause.

I'm pretty sure if I had a rocketship, I'd fly to the moon and exploit a sovreign planet! :)

Or, in a different *hypothetical* situation I would...

Heywood_Jablome
04-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by BuckWyld
anyone want to dig up the jerry falwell quote that said something like god hates ***s, and the reason we have aids is that god is punishing gay people?

Not like its untrue though.

FiveOneNine
04-30-2004, 11:10 PM
you have to accept jesus he is the only sacrifice for your sins there is no other way to get rid of your sins but by the blood of jesus if you dont accept it you will die in your sins and spend eternity in hell its that simple he is not trying to run a dictatorship he wont force you to accept him it is your choice you can let him free you from your sins and go to heavan or die in your sins and go to hell. he is offering you and everyone a free gift that you dont deserve why some people dont accept that gift i dont know.it is not our fault other religions are decieved they will in fact have to accept jesus as well and yes when jesus returns to earth he will come to judge and will rule and reign the earth for 1,000 years and there will be 1,000 years of peace i cant wait also the christians will reign with him. the bible says that god resist the proud and gives grace to the humble maybee if you humble your self you will see the light.

I think what you need to except is that sentences cannot go on for 6 lines.

mariners216
04-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Heywood_Jablome
Not like its untrue though.
Idiot.

mariners216
04-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Link to site about the rise of the religious right and the move towards a more theocratic government: http://www.theocracywatch.org/

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by FiveOneNine
I think what you need to except is that sentences cannot go on for 6 lines.

ROFL :D

CerealKiller
04-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by mariners216
Link to site about the rise of the religious right and the move towards a more theocratic government: http://www.theocracywatch.org/

A reason term limits are so important. Individuals shouldn't be able to wield this kind of political power.

Starsky
05-01-2004, 12:05 AM

Except for Islamists commit more mass murder, kidnappings, murders, backstabbing, wifebeating, ambushing, torture, destruction, and general evil than "evangelicals" could ever imagine.

Its like saying Charles Manson is the same as Robert Downey Jr. in criminality.

Jcfreak_02
05-01-2004, 01:47 PM

and they're too close-minded to accept anything else than their own opinions. So to you I am no different than on of the men that attacked us on 9/11? That is kind of harsh don't you think. Very few evangelical Christians advocate violence for the Christian cause, mainly because in that sense we are not supposed to take the militant religion stance.
Why do we always have to accept everything? I can and make my best efforts to tolerate as much as I can, but not accept. What is wrong with tolerence?

Jcfreak_02
05-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Link to site about the rise of the religious right and the move towards a more theocratic government: http://www.theocracywatch.org/ So what is wrong with being a Christian and voting like it again? Is there a problem when Atheists, Agnostics, Hindus or whatever other religious beliefs of political leaders vote in manners to support their ideals? You may say that people don't, but if you look and analyze like this site does to the Christian politicians I bet you could find some things.

mariners216
05-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
So what is wrong with being a Christian and voting like it again? Is there a problem when Atheists, Agnostics, Hindus or whatever other religious beliefs of political leaders vote in manners to support their ideals? You may say that people don't, but if you look and analyze like this site does to the Christian politicians I bet you could find some things.
You don't see anything wrong with this?

"WITH GOD AS THEIR CO-PILOT" by Joe Conason, March, 1993

The rich Republicans of San Antonio's Bexar County consider themselves very conservative. And they are. But the politics of this new crowd gave them a bad scare. Not long after the Christian rightists staged their coup, the president of the Alamo City Republican Women's club just gave up and quit.
"The so-called Christian activists have finally gained control," she explained in her resignation letter, "and the Grand Old Party is more religious cult than political organization."

In June, in the San Diego County towns of Lemon Grove and El Cajon, a slate of "pro-family" Christian right activists financed by a group of conservative businessmen swept the Republican primary for all of the open council seats, along with a slew of state assembly seats. On the same day, several hundred miles to the north in Santa Clara Country, another slate of "biblically oriented" candidates--committed to the death penalty for such sins as homosexuality and abortion--captured 14 of 20 seats on the Republican county central committee. The GOP apparatus in the nation's most populous state is within a few votes of being absolutely controlled by the Christian right.

Jcfreak_02
05-01-2004, 07:22 PM
You don't see anything wrong with this?

"WITH GOD AS THEIR CO-PILOT" by Joe Conason, March, 1993

The rich Republicans of San Antonio's Bexar County consider themselves very conservative. And they are. But the politics of this new crowd gave them a bad scare. Not long after the Christian rightists staged their coup, the president of the Alamo City Republican Women's club just gave up and quit.
"The so-called Christian activists have finally gained control," she explained in her resignation letter, "and the Grand Old Party is more religious cult than political organization."

In June, in the San Diego County towns of Lemon Grove and El Cajon, a slate of "pro-family" Christian right activists financed by a group of conservative businessmen swept the Republican primary for all of the open council seats, along with a slew of state assembly seats. On the same day, several hundred miles to the north in Santa Clara Country, another slate of "biblically oriented" candidates--committed to the death penalty for such sins as homosexuality and abortion--captured 14 of 20 seats on the Republican county central committee. The GOP apparatus in the nation's most populous state is within a few votes of being absolutely controlled by the Christian right. If through the republican party is where Christians have found that they can exercise their political ideals in conjunction with social policy that directly does have to do with issues addressed in Christianity and where we ought to stand I still see no problem with it. It is my guess that you are quite alarmed by there apparant harsh view on abortion and homosexuality, why can't you celebrate their diversity of thought instead? Or are the only celebrated diverse thoughts the ones that accept everyone and everything? Through the GOP these Christians, like myself, have found the best suiting political party to shape the nation in the direction we would like it to go. Granted I don't see how criminalizing homosexuality into a crime punishable by death is a good idea. I find it sad that Christian groups will put excessive harshness on homosexuality like it is a really bad sin compared to other sinful lifestyle practices. There needs to be two sides to every political stance to represent the balance between each side. The views quoted are one of the more extreme sides of the conservative pool. It could be worse, like they could ask for funding for the Army Of God...

mariners216
05-01-2004, 10:35 PM
My main problem is that there's alot of people who regardless who the candidate is, will vote Republican (same for democrats, but that's another thread). I would bet that a large portion of them do not agree with the radical religious right, but the only people that the republican party backs anymore as candidates are christian coalition types.

TranceNRG
05-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Yes, some ARE taught hate. Just like some christians are taught to hate other races and/or homosexuals.

Both religions have extremists that twist the meaning of the Bible or Koran.

Currently, the Muslim extremists are wrecking more havoc and terror than Christians (9/11 and so on). But, I know that the majority of muslims do not agree with the extremists (many of my friends and coworkers are muslim).

Just like the extremist christian pro-lifers who have killed abortion doctors in the past. The majority of christians do not condone those actions.

Basically, there are extremists in every religion and they kill by twisting the words of scripture.

Thank you
I've been trying to get this message across.

afew ignorant people don't seem to understand though.

TranceNRG
05-02-2004, 07:33 PM
not true any one can call themselves christian but they are known by there fruit i doubt there were real christians to begin with but today how many christian suicide bomberes do you see.how many times do you turn on the news and see some christians blow people up in the name of there god the only people i see doing that are extreme muslims.

I think you just argued agains your own case.

any "muslim" could be called a muslim, but doesn't mean they're "real muslims"

TranceNRG
05-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by irpker
I'm pretty sure if I had a rocketship, I'd fly to the moon and exploit a sovreign planet! :)

Or, in a different *hypothetical* situation I would...

I guess we have to wait 'til you get your rocketship and someone attacks starts oppressing a whole buncha evangelics, right?
;)

'til then we can only be "hypothetical", which is purely based on prevoius percieved information

TranceNRG
05-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Starsky
Except for Islamists commit more mass murder, kidnappings, murders, backstabbing, wifebeating, ambushing, torture, destruction, and general evil than "evangelicals" could ever imagine.

Its like saying Charles Manson is the same as Robert Downey Jr. in criminality.

ok...
I'm pretty sure the jewish people would be prasing their religion thru the church dominating era, when mass murders, kidnapping, murders, backstabbings, wifebeating, ambushing, torture, destruction was being done in the name of church.

you know why? because they associated those crimes to Christianity and Christians.

TranceNRG
05-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
So to you I am no different than on of the men that attacked us on 9/11? That is kind of harsh don't you think. Very few evangelical Christians advocate violence for the Christian cause, mainly because in that sense we are not supposed to take the militant religion stance.
Why do we always have to accept everything? I can and make my best efforts to tolerate as much as I can, but not accept. What is wrong with tolerence?

I can't comment about your personality.

but if you believe that everyone who doesn't believe in jesus on a cross will burn in hell, is no different than someone who believes if you're not a muslim you'll go to hell.

and in my eyes, they're both close-minded.

Tolerance is good, nothing wrong with it.