PDA

View Full Version : My Body Is Going Nuts!

jdeilerman
05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't know what is going on with my body. I am insanely hungry for the past two days and I have been having hot flashes and cold flashes. My appetite is never this crazy. I feel like a bottomless pit. I'm not premenstrual, so I don't understand. Any ideas?

SexyBack
05-08-2007, 09:39 AM
what's your diet like? are you eating enough?

jdeilerman
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I am slowly increasing calories in my diet because I know I wasn't eating enough for a long period of time. I work out 5-6 days a week (cardio and weights). My calories range from 1,400-1,600.

VERVE
05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
When is the last time you took a full week off from training?
This maybe be helpful to your body and mind since you say you
are recovering from not eating enough for a long time.....

Leigh P.
05-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I am slowly increasing calories in my diet because I know I wasn't eating enough for a long period of time. I work out 5-6 days a week (cardio and weights). My calories range from 1,400-1,600.

Then this is why you are hungry;)

IN short, if you are eating the right amount of calories for a deficit, you will be more hungry. In starving we trigger appetite suppression as to not tempt the body to utilize more energy. So basically you are revving up your metabolism again and in that now the hormonal response to food. IT WILL LEVEL OUT and the craving and temperature changes will not be so bad. Just give it some time, I would look into taking a rest week as well.

jdeilerman
05-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all the help!