PDA

View Full Version : Deserusan's X-Factor, Melting Point, & Halodrol Liquigel Log/Review

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

deserusan
04-02-2007, 11:29 PM
About Me:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/ (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/)

My Uncensored Thoughts:

Inside the Mind of Deserusan (http://blog.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/)

Well it was about that time to end my bulking cycle. Frankly, I was getting sick of eating on a rotation of 3700, 4000, 4400, and 4800 calories during the week. I have put on quite a bit of quality mass since I started bulking in November of last year. However, along with the nice gains in mass I have accumulated some fat as well. Love it or hate it, this is the harsh reality all bodybuilders must face when it comes time to cut.

Some of you may lean bulk, but for me it just doesn't work. My dietary approach has assisted me in limiting the fat gain a bit while consuming about 1600 calories over maintenance some days. Regardless, it's time to RECOMP before I begin my contest prep for the 2007 fall season.

For the next 50-60 days I will start a new diet eating 100% clean. My calories will be set at around 3700 on training days and 3200 on rest days. Here is the beginning diet:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9780/dietff9.png

*** Denotes 1 Cap of X Factor, 1 Cap of Halodrol LG, 1 Cap of Melting Point, and 10 grams of Glutamine taken with the meal.

Since I typically train two days on and one day off this will keep my metabolism high. Each week of this RECOMP cycle I'll also be dropping my calorie totals until I finally reach my target calories to begin my cutting diet. Hopefully, I'll be able to retain a lot of the bulking mass I acquired, lose as much fat as possible, all the while staying slightly above my maintenance calories.

Now some of you are wondering why I picked this stack combination and the answer is pretty simple. After reviewing all the research surrounding the ingredients I feel there will potentially be a very strong synergy between them.

I've also hypothesized the addition of glutamine in a high dose will be beneficial with regards to exercise induced release of interleukin 6 (IL-6) along with arachidonic acid. I should stop there because as always, I will be going into some great depth with regards to the high degree of synergy all these compounds may have.

I'd like to invite everyone into this log to ask questions and to have a lot of fun. I'll do my best to answer any question regarding anything I'm supplementing with whether good or bad. Hopefully you find this to be an entertaining and educational experience.

-Des

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2937/untitledyq6.png (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANw7ZVrMHCE)

Bloute
04-02-2007, 11:31 PM
:eek:

I am in !

First one I wish ! :D

user4694231326
04-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Subscribed!

http://www.poster.net/austin-powers/austin-powers-cocktail-glass-4900072.jpg

heatsink
04-02-2007, 11:33 PM
x2

gobigandgohome
04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
sounds awesome, how longs it going for?

deserusan
04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
sounds awesome, how longs it going for?

50-60 days.

Elliptical Envy
04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm just doing the usual drive-by.

uhockey
04-03-2007, 02:26 AM
I see a huge conflict of interest. ;) But I like it.

redhawk76
04-03-2007, 04:23 AM
sub'd for sure. Good luck DES!

dtrain13
04-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Good luck with this. I see some serious DOMS in your future. May want to up the electrolytes with this but I'm sure you know that. :)

Twin Peak
04-03-2007, 04:38 AM
*subscribes*

Skull Crusher Chris
04-03-2007, 04:42 AM
scribed man! looks good :cool:

arn710
04-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Good luck man. I finished the same log a few weeks back and had great results. I'm sure your log will far surpass mine, but have fun with it.

The only real advice I can give you is to stay hydrated and stick to your diet. Those MP cramps can come one w/o warning, and there is no turning back once they do

dvsness
04-03-2007, 04:49 AM
I guess I'll make an appearance. But only because I was invited.

Agree w/dtrain as well.

naturalguy
04-03-2007, 04:53 AM
Lean bulking doesn't work for me either.

This should be an interesting log as always.

Dublo
04-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Love your logs, Des.
I'll be watching.

dtrain13
04-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Agree w/dtrain as well.

Having used both X-Factor (twice) and a TTA containing product (DCP) the achy/stiffness/I have the flue type of feeling will be pretty bad. He'll be using additional AA and a higher dose of TTA than I used so I can only imagine........

retro_roots
04-03-2007, 05:15 AM
subscribed as always.

I'm interested to hear more about the Glutamine idea...

IrOnJeSs
04-03-2007, 05:30 AM
*jump in the bandwagon* subscribed :D

Monsterblade
04-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Good luck Des!

lionelxxl
04-03-2007, 06:08 AM
*grabs popcorn*

Free Weight Friedel
04-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Good Luck with this Des!!

Giggety Giggety
04-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Because you are you Des I'm refraining for the WHAT WHAT... but if you slack it will make a resurgence;):D

sobelik
04-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Shouldnt this be in the company promotion area?
;)

Robboe
04-03-2007, 06:46 AM
I've also hypothesized the addition of glutamine in a high dose will be beneficial with regards to exercise induced release of interleukin 6 (IL-6) along with arachidonic acid. I should stop there because as always, I will be going into some great depth with regards to the high degree of synergy all these compounds may have.

Now we're talking. I am very interested in hearing why you think this. Particularly the glutamine, although the AA induction of IL-6 is slightly confusing, as Molecular have a press release on their website that states that long term use of AA reduces serum IL-6.

http://molecularnutrition.net/news_story_3.html

I think IL-6 is given a bad name by association. I've not read into any effects of it leading to diabetes with any real conviction, but i find it very contradictory, given that IL-6 seems to play a major role in contraction-stimulated glucose uptake. I also speculate that IL-6 is one of (if not the) main reason for excessive post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). For anyone that does not know what this is, it is when your body basically elevates its metabolic rate after training for a certain period of time. And the increase in calorie expenditure comes almost exclusively from fat. Read the alternative cardio article in the new issue of ID mag for a little more info on it.

Zachattack43
04-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I am here BOSS:D

G.W. Hayduke
04-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I'll be watching... :)

Eyedentify
04-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Been waiting for this, subscribe definitely :)

Giggety Giggety
04-03-2007, 10:23 AM
LOL Des 5 star to a 4 star in a blink of an eye... I guess the haters are watching;)

getbustered
04-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Looking like a stellar log as usual. I'll be following along wth everyone else.

BIG F@CE
04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
im in even though i will never see myself on a cut ever...ever ever...ever.

dvsness
04-03-2007, 11:21 AM
im in even though i will never see myself on a cut ever...ever ever...ever.

I can't wait 'till the actual cut log. This recomp will be cool, especially since he's never used DHEA/AA, but I can't wait to torture him the way he has me during my cut.

shooter33
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Intrigued so much you got my first ever wall post...I'll definitley be following this one...interesting Combo Deserusan, curious to see how the Glutamine will aid in the synergy...just don't tell Layne Norton

Twin Peak
04-03-2007, 11:28 AM
LOL Des 5 star to a 4 star in a blink of an eye... I guess the haters are watching;)

Back to 5!

Burrhos
04-03-2007, 11:32 AM
sub'd for sure.

Side note: Des, did you get my PM?

getbustered
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Back to 5!

I had to rate it a 1 based on the quality of posters in his log. :(

Look at all this riff raff. ;)

triplewhammy
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
"This is why I'm hot" LOL

I'll be watching.

-triple

dtrain13
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I had to rate it a 1 based on the quality of posters in his log. :(

Look at all this riff raff. ;)

Its funny to me that people are giving his thread a rating be it good or bad and all he's done is make his introductory post. I know Des does great logs and I have little doubt this one will be any different but let it flesh out a little. Someone posted that the haters were out when it went form 5 to 4 well it looks to me that the nut hugger's are out also.

Giggety Giggety
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Its funny to me that people are giving his thread a rating be it good or bad and all he's done is make his introductory post. I know Des does great logs and I have little doubt this one will be any different but let it flesh out a little. Someone posted that the haters were out when it went form 5 to 4 well it looks to me that the nut hugger's are out also.

Ahh I see... More of an inside joke really;)

dtrain13
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Ahh I see... More of an inside joke really;)

Ok. I'm not exactly in Dan's circle of friends but I'll take your word for it. Regardless this should be an interesting log and I'm curious as to his findings.

Mr. Aries
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
interesting stuff Dan.. Good luck on the recomp

bongd
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Shibby!!

Thanks for the heads up too, Dan. I need to follow your logs from the get-go, otherwise I get lost in all the shenanigans! :D

pu12en12g
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
....it's time to RECOMP before I begin my contest prep for the 2007 fall season.

RECOMP train..... all aboard !!!

Good luck man :cool:

~~Aries~~
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
*Subbed* <payback

dan7681
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow already 2 pages, strong grab assing :D

Great stack though (looks to be quite synergistic), I'll follow along :)

rudyky08
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Subbed

I'm interested in the AA/IL-6/Glutamine connection. Good luck w/ the recomp.

DrnkMnky
04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Subbed

I'm interested in the AA/IL-6/Glutamine connection. Good luck w/ the recomp.

x2

These products will be great for a recomp. good luck.

zergling
04-03-2007, 01:20 PM
will there be before/after photos?

deserusan
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Having used both X-Factor (twice) and a TTA containing product (DCP) the achy/stiffness/I have the flue type of feeling will be pretty bad. He'll be using additional AA and a higher dose of TTA than I used so I can only imagine........

I'm definately keeping this in mind and preparing for the worse. Of course proper hydration will be a large factor in this and is why I have dropped diet soda (my true love) which can cause mild dehyrdration. Regardless, it appears this stack isn't for the meek.

I'll definately be noting any side effects.

will there be before/after photos?

I'll be including photos from time to time.

aznxdgnz
04-03-2007, 04:11 PM
subbed

deserusan
04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Now we're talking. I am very interested in hearing why you think this. Particularly the glutamine, although the AA induction of IL-6 is slightly confusing, as Molecular have a press release on their website that states that long term use of AA reduces serum IL-6.

http://molecularnutrition.net/news_story_3.html

I think IL-6 is given a bad name by association. I've not read into any effects of it leading to diabetes with any real conviction, but i find it very contradictory, given that IL-6 seems to play a major role in contraction-stimulated glucose uptake. I also speculate that IL-6 is one of (if not the) main reason for excessive post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). For anyone that does not know what this is, it is when your body basically elevates its metabolic rate after training for a certain period of time. And the increase in calorie expenditure comes almost exclusively from fat. Read the alternative cardio article in the new issue of ID mag for a little more info on it.

From my own experience there is a lot of conflicting perspectives on IL-6. Some say it's "bad" while others say it's "good." I tend to agree with the positive perspective and like this line of thinking:

http://www.the-aps.org/press/conference/ibe/5.htm

Oral glutamine supplementation has been shown to cause a heightened release of IL-6 from skeletal muscle post exercise:

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/95/1/145

I feel that both AA induced IL-6 expression (Borden 2003) an heigtened IL-6 release post exercise will have a substantial effect on anabolism post workout. This hopefully will also explain why oral glutamine is indeed beneficial per the Hiscock study to the immune system, for glucose disposal, and the assisting myokines (Pederson 2005) in aiding in overall health resultant from exercise.

This obviously is kick in the nuts to the "glutamine supplementation has no direct impact on protein synthesis" or "oral glutamine has no impact on the immune system" crowds. The one question they can never answer is why you generallly experience better recovery from using it in the face of it not be "cost effective" at those doses. Perhaps their view is a little close-minded?:)

I must digress a bit and say it was marketed wrong. It's not a staple item but I do feel it's benefits do shine while cutting for a competition when the body is highly stressed.

Hiscock N, Petersen EW, Krzywkowski K, Boza J, Halkjaer-Kristensen J, Pedersen BK. Glutamine supplementation further enhances exercise-induced plasma IL-6. J Appl Physiol. 2003 Jul;95(1):145-8. Epub 2003 Feb 28.

Pedersen BK, Febbraio M. Muscle-derived interleukin-6--a possible link between skeletal muscle, adipose tissue, liver, and brain. Brain Behav Immun. 2005 Sep;19(5):371-6.

fitnfirm
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Your gonna shrivel up and blow away :eek:

dvsness
04-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow already 2 pages, strong grab assing :D

Ya' like my sloppy seconds?

zergling
04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Your gonna shrivel up and blow away :eek:

:eek: but I thought since ness is very near her comp, this is prohibited?

She's 12 days out from a figure competition. According to Twin Peak she can't swallow certain things either. :cool:

:D

dsade
04-03-2007, 05:38 PM
What's all the commotion in here?

haiz69
04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Sweet log. I will be watching you des...

dan7681
04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Ya' like my sloppy seconds?

AtownKing187
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Subb'd for sure Des.

I hope to learn quite a bit from your posts in this log. Good luck man. :)

deserusan
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I can't wait 'till the actual cut log. This recomp will be cool, especially since he's never used DHEA/AA, but I can't wait to torture him the way he has me during my cut.

Get over it. :D

BuckeyeMuscle
04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Subbed....Good luck Des, this is an awesome stack, I'm sure your gonna make some great gains on it. (even though your cutting :p)

Stonecoldtruth
04-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Woohoo, I usually find the DES logs too late in the game to enjoy.. not this time!

SCT

deserusan
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Woohoo, I usually find the DES logs too late in the game to enjoy.. not this time!

SCT

Welcome :p

AtownKing187
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Anything scientific for us tonight Des? I could use some informative reading.:)

deserusan
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Anything scientific for us tonight Des? I could use some informative reading.:)

Read my newest blog entry which was taken from this. The links are informative.

AtownKing187
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Read my newest blog entry which was taken from this. The links are informative.

Alrighty...I always forget to check your blog..lol

Robboe
04-04-2007, 03:01 AM
From my own experience there is a lot of conflicting perspectives on IL-6. Some say it's "bad" while others say it's "good." I tend to agree with the positive perspective and like this line of thinking:

http://www.the-aps.org/press/conference/ibe/5.htm

Agreed. There are a lot more papers refering to IL-6 as a myokine, so it seems to have been pretty much accepted. Others in the same class are IL-8 and IL-15 (which acts like a growth factor, and is most interesting despite lack of research on it).

Oral glutamine supplementation has been shown to cause a heightened release of IL-6 from skeletal muscle post exercise:

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/95/1/145

I feel that both AA induced IL-6 expression (Borden 2003) an heigtened IL-6 release post exercise will have a substantial effect on anabolism post workout. This hopefully will also explain why oral glutamine is indeed beneficial per the Hiscock study to the immune system, for glucose disposal, and the assisting myokines (Pederson 2005) in aiding in overall health resultant from exercise.

I can't find the Borden 2003 paper that discusses AA and IL-6 expression. Can you link me?

I am interested in what you've read that discusses IL-6's anabolic nature, beyond its effects on GLUT4 translocation. Unless this is exactly whatyou're referring to. My own (albeit lacking) research has lead me to believe it is a fuel selector. During exercise or times of low carb/glycogen depletion, it is released from muscle to switche the liver into lipolytic mode.

This obviously is kick in the nuts to the "glutamine supplementation has no direct impact on protein synthesis" or "oral glutamine has no impact on the immune system" crowds. The one question they can never answer is why you generallly experience better recovery from using it in the face of it not be "cost effective" at those doses. Perhaps their view is a little close-minded?:)

Anecdotally, i've not really noticed much from glutamine, but i do like its buffering effects. In fact, i still believe this is why glutamine is released from skeletal muscle during exercise. The same thing can happen when you consume a meal that results in high blood acidity. Typically, grains and meats are acidic, whereas fruits and fresh vegetables tend to be alkaline. The body releases glutamine from muscle, or calcium from bone to buffer the effects. This would explain why there are studies suggesting that high protein diets "leech" calcium from bones, or when it is recommended to increase calcium intake when on a high protein diet.

But this paper is certainly interesting. It does seem though, that to take full advantage, that you'd need to avoid carbs during the post-workout period when you take the glutamine, as this may blunt the IL-6 release.

deserusan
04-04-2007, 03:39 AM
I can't find the Borden 2003 paper that discusses AA and IL-6 expression. Can you link me?

Bordin L, Priante G, Musacchio E, Giunco S, Tibaldi E, Clari G, Baggio B. Arachidonic acid-induced IL-6 expression is mediated by PKC alpha activation in osteoblastic cells. Biochemistry. 2003 Apr 22;42(15):4485-91

I'm glad I can finally discuss glutamine a bit with someone. :p

AtownKing187
04-04-2007, 03:47 AM
So would supplementing Glutamine-rich protein?instead of just plain old Glutamine..be more beneficial? As the graph does state levels of Glutamine with protein concentration are somewhat higher..especially immediately after a workout.

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/95/1/145/FIG1

deserusan
04-04-2007, 03:58 AM
So would supplementing Glutamine-rich protein?instead of just plain old Glutamine..be more beneficial? As the graph does state levels of Glutamine with protein concentration are somewhat higher..especially immediately after a workout.

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/95/1/145/FIG1

No...I should say I'm not recommending glutamine supplementation to the novice or even intermediate lifter. I'm basing my observations at present on theory only with exception to better recovery back in the day when I used to use large amounts.

I still stand by the notion that glutamine is not a cost effective supplement for those who aren't competing.

dtrain13
04-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Well Des just gave you 5 stars but it wouldn't move from the current 4 that you have. :D ;)

BTW have you started? Also I saw this is your first time using AA but what TTA?

deserusan
04-04-2007, 04:28 AM
Well Des just gave you 5 stars but it wouldn't move from the current 4 that you have. :D ;)

BTW have you started? Also I saw this is your first time using AA but what TTA?

First for both...and the first workout is today because yesterday was an off day: SHOCK LEGS. Typically, I'll be sore from this regardless but since I'm not tapering up the doses and just going balls deep I'm expecting to get hit by a MACK truck.

Honestly, I've never used anything like Halodrol either. I was pretty limited when I had my eyes set on the WNBF. This will be my first time using anything which manipulates Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), etc.

dtrain13
04-04-2007, 04:38 AM
First for both...and the first workout is today because yesterday was an off day: SHOCK LEGS. Typically, I'll be sore from this regardless but since I'm not tapering up the doses and just going balls deep I'm expecting to get hit by a MACK truck.

Honestly, I've never used anything like Halodrol either. I was pretty limited when I had my eyes set on the WNBF. This will be my first time using anything which manipulates Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), etc.

ActivaTe worked quite well for me. Just dose it every 6 hours if possible (HLG's) from what I know thats about the half life of 3-4 tetra. I've used AA (X-Factor) twice in the past and am using TTA (DCP) as we speak and let me tell you the the cramping/achy muscles can become a pain. I can't imagine what it will feel like in combination as they both increase prostiglandins (sp?) so I would think the feeling would be that much more amplified. My advice to you is get some Potassium/Magnesium/Calcium pills and drink a ton of water. Taurine may help also.

arn710
04-04-2007, 05:59 AM
ActivaTe worked quite well for me. Just dose it every 6 hours if possible (HLG's) from what I know thats about the half life of 3-4 tetra. I've used AA (X-Factor) twice in the past and am using TTA (DCP) as we speak and let me tell you the the cramping/achy muscles can become a pain. I can't imagine what it will feel like in combination as they both increase prostiglandins (sp?) so I would think the feeling would be that much more amplified. My advice to you is get some Potassium/Magnesium/Calcium pills and drink a ton of water. Taurine may help also.

I recently did the exact log Des is doing now and it didn't really bother me outside of my own oversights. I was dosing X-Factor at 1250mg and MP at 6 caps a day w/o much of an issue

I had a hiccup one day when my diet went to crap and I wasn't hydrating. Other than that, I didn't really feel like the extra electrolytes were necessary. I did experience some of the sides you mentioned, but the benefits far outweighed the side effects.

From my experience, as long as you stay hydrated and stick to your diet, you will be fine

Robboe
04-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Bordin L, Priante G, Musacchio E, Giunco S, Tibaldi E, Clari G, Baggio B. Arachidonic acid-induced IL-6 expression is mediated by PKC alpha activation in osteoblastic cells. Biochemistry. 2003 Apr 22;42(15):4485-91

I'm glad I can finally discuss glutamine a bit with someone. :p

My mind is always open to new theories and ideas, even if they involve things i may have shrugged off in the past.

Regarding the study, is there anything for this effect on skeletal muscle or the liver directly?

Robboe
04-04-2007, 06:12 AM

Strangely enough, unless dieting down, the cramps from TTA never seem to hit. Not entirely sure why, but i suspect it is a combination of better hydration from higher carb intake and increased cell turnover rates.

dtrain13
04-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Strangely enough, unless dieting down, the cramps from TTA never seem to hit. Not entirely sure why, but i suspect it is a combination of better hydration from higher carb intake and increased cell turnover rates.

It doesn't bother some but I must be sensitive to it. By the 3rd day on DCP I could hardly get out of bed I was so damn stiff. I've got a handle on it now but it still bothers me somewhat.

Robboe
04-04-2007, 06:17 AM
It doesn't bother some but I must be sensitive to it. By the 3rd day on DCP I could hardly get out of bed I was so damn stiff. I've got a handle on it now but it still bothers me somewhat.

Even when bulking?

dtrain13
04-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Even when bulking?

This is my first time dosing TTA and I'm cutting so I can't comment on that.

Robboe
04-04-2007, 06:28 AM
This is my first time dosing TTA and I'm cutting so I can't comment on that.

Ahh, righto. It is to be expected somewhat when dieting down.

Eyedentify
04-04-2007, 06:34 AM
What is TTA?

dtrain13
04-04-2007, 06:44 AM
What is TTA?

Tetradecylthioacetic Acid

Eyedentify
04-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Tetradecylthioacetic Acid

eldawg
04-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Des,

I see that you are going heavy on the egg whites. Are they always scrambled? How do you or do you add any variety in how you cook them?

AtownKing187
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
No...I should say I'm not recommending glutamine supplementation to the novice or even intermediate lifter. I'm basing my observations at present on theory only with exception to better recovery back in the day when I used to use large amounts.

I still stand by the notion that glutamine is not a cost effective supplement for those who aren't competing.

Ah..i see. Thank you very much for clearin that up :)

shuc0008
04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Your logs are always the best. I am excited to hear your opinions on Halodrol Liquigels and X-Factor.

deserusan
04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
My mind is always open to new theories and ideas, even if they involve things i may have shrugged off in the past.

Regarding the study, is there anything for this effect on skeletal muscle or the liver directly?

I don't know yet. This whole myokine area of research is new and I'm just beginning to look into it. We'll see.

I could hardly get out of bed I was so damn stiff.

Heh...I'm that way too.

Des,

I see that you are going heavy on the egg whites. Are they always scrambled? How do you or do you add any variety in how you cook them?

Omeletes usually.

Your logs are always the best. I am excited to hear your opinions on Halodrol Liquigels and X-Factor.

Thanks man.

deserusan
04-04-2007, 06:22 PM
What's all the commotion in here?

I'm having HLG rage already Matt. :cool:

user4694231326
04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
this log is always informative. ;)

deserusan
04-04-2007, 07:00 PM
this log is always informative. ;)

We try. :p

dsade
04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
We try. :p

Does it embarrass you when people point and say "I like your log"?

G.W. Hayduke
04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Someone needs to do a log on Des's logs. Call it the Anabolic Log log.

deserusan
04-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Someone needs to do a log on Des's logs. Call it the Anabolic Log log.

I might do a log log on digestive enzymes. It wouldn't include training or anything but I would essentially be logging my bowel movements (logs) in detail. I think it would be entertaining in the same way you look at car wrecks.

Zachattack43
04-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I might do a log log on digestive enzymes. It wouldn't include training or anything but I would essentially be logging my bowel movements (logs) in detail. I think it would be entertaining in the same way you look at car wrecks.

boooo, you just copied me after i said I am doing a review on Gut Health which will be based on the number of farts it has reduced

deserusan
04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
boooo, you just copied me after i said I am doing a review on Gut Health which will be based on the number of farts it has reduced

I've been discussing a poop log forever. Ask CXM! :p

dsade
04-04-2007, 10:36 PM

Someday, the internet will feature Scratch 'n Sniff.

Zachattack43
04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I've been discussing a poop log forever. Ask CXM! :p
haha ok:D

Someday, the internet will feature Scratch 'n Sniff.

oh lord.....i can imagine the porn industry being all over that one

livinonlava
04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, I'm only 2 days late on this one... ;)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on AA and ecdy. I didn't figure you for a Melting Point guy, but I'll be curious how that works for you as well.

deserusan
04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm only 2 days late on this one... ;)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on AA and ecdy. I didn't figure you for a Melting Point guy, but I'll be curious how that works for you as well.

Today is my first training day of the log so i'll get that posted up in a bit. WTF is a "Melting Point guy?" :p

livinonlava
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Today is my first training day of the log so i'll get that posted up in a bit. WTF is a "Melting Point guy?" :p

Real men don't use fat-loss products :p :D

sublimejeh
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
WTF is a "Melting Point guy?" :p

I guess not you! :D

RebelMeetsRebel
04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
subbed!

This is what I've been waiting to see, a log on X-factor by Des.
Good luck on this one.

Robboe
04-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I don't know yet. This whole myokine area of research is new and I'm just beginning to look into it. We'll see.

I ran some crawls yesterday and didn't find anything, but i only spent maybe 15-20 minutes at it. Let me know if/when you find anything. I am not so confident we can make the same conclusions from osteoblasts. And i am also curious as to theorised mechanism by which AA tended to reduce plasma IL-6 concentrations in the baylor study that MN funded.

sherdi
04-05-2007, 02:33 AM
***strolls in, sees poo jokes, runs out!! :eek: ***

:p

dan7681
04-05-2007, 02:35 AM

I think we can do without pics for that log :eek:

deserusan
04-05-2007, 02:55 AM
I ran some crawls yesterday and didn't find anything, but i only spent maybe 15-20 minutes at it. Let me know if/when you find anything. I am not so confident we can make the same conclusions from osteoblasts. And i am also curious as to theorised mechanism by which AA tended to reduce plasma IL-6 concentrations in the baylor study that MN funded.

Here is a great study which has shaped my present views on IL-6's role as a myokine. Keep in mind the Hiscock study I mentioned before and definately check out the bibliography:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5342/myokineun1.png

Febbraio MA, Pedersen BK. Contraction-induced myokine production and release: is skeletal muscle an endocrine organ? Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2005 Jul;33(3):114-9. (http://www.bkpgroup.dk/Reprints/ReprintsPDF/Contraction-inducedmyokineproductionandrelease-Isskeletalmuscleanendocrineorgan.pdf)

***strolls in, sees poo jokes, runs out!! :eek: ***

:p

Sorry Sherri!!!! You know how the supplement section can be. :D

I think we can do without pics for that log :eek:

;)

Robboe
04-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Here is a great study which has shaped my present views on IL-6's role as a myokine. Keep in mind the Hiscock study I mentioned before and definately check out the bibliography:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5342/myokineun1.png

Febbraio MA, Pedersen BK. Contraction-induced myokine production and release: is skeletal muscle an endocrine organ? Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2005 Jul;33(3):114-9. (http://www.bkpgroup.dk/Reprints/ReprintsPDF/Contraction-inducedmyokineproductionandrelease-Isskeletalmuscleanendocrineorgan.pdf)

right click --> save

I don't have your email saved. I'll send you some full texts you'll find very interesting that discuss IL-6 as a myokine, as well as IL-8 and IL-15.

Eyedentify
04-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Des

I have a question on Halodrol Liquigel, are there any side effects to it?

Does it require any form of PCT?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have never done any research on this supplement whatsoever as this log will be the first one I'm reading about it.

dvsness
04-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Des

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have never done any research on this supplement whatsoever as this log will be the first one I'm reading about it.

No PCT required. Run a search - there have been quite a few logs. :)

deserusan
04-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Des

Despite the presence of DHEA, this isn't introducing hormones and thus doesn't need PCT. I wouldn't be taking this if it did.

G.W. Hayduke
04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Despite the presence of DHEA, this isn't introducing hormones and thus doesn't need PCT. I wouldn't be taking this if it did.
Right. Cause doesn't excess DHEA just get sulfated and excreted? Something like that... :rolleyes:

deserusan
04-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Right. Cause doesn't excess DHEA just get sulfated and excreted? Something like that... :rolleyes:

Please explain....

G.W. Hayduke
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Please explain....
Okay, don't take my word on this one cause I haven't personally researched it. But i was discussing various aspects of health with the manager of a local Super Supplements--a very sharp guy about 30 years my senior--and he mentioned DHEA. We didn't talk too in depth, but he mentioned that excess DHEA usually in the form of a supplement is made inactive my a sulfur group and either used when necessary or just excreted.

Hormones are definitely not my field of study though.

BTW: the eye-rolly emoticon was aimed at myself, not you. :p

deserusan
04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Hormones are definitely not my field of study though.

Mine either...lol. I 've been relying on a good learning curve as of late because it's know my job to know. :p

ab-swing asianbabe
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
:eek: lol thanks des... oh I hope I won't have to follow that one, I just lost me appetite for the next 5 weeks. :o

Macrobolic
04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Mine either...lol. I 've been relying on a good learning curve as of late because it's know my job to know. :p

Hey Des, I had another question about the addition of DHEA.

I was reading in IronMan Magazine (2 issues ago), and Jerry Brainum stated that no one under 40 should take something with DHEA as it always converts into something detrimental to males (I can't remember the exact thing right now and have the mag packed away at the moment). I was wondering your stance on men under 40 taking HLGs because of the addition of DHEA?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Eyedentify
04-05-2007, 09:54 PM
No PCT required. Run a search - there have been quite a few logs. :)

Thanks guys, yeah I will read other logs as well, but I'll follow this one first at the moment, too lazy to read several logs at once :D

deserusan
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Hey Des, I had another question about the addition of DHEA.

I was reading in IronMan Magazine (2 issues ago), and Jerry Brainum stated that no one under 40 should take something with DHEA as it always converts into something detrimental to males (I can't remember the exact thing right now and have the mag packed away at the moment). I was wondering your stance on men under 40 taking HLGs because of the addition of DHEA?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

As with any compound there are always some risk factors. DHEA is FDA/DSHEA approved as a nutritional supplement. With prolonged high dose it can raises incidence of prostate cancer I believe in men. The amount in HLG doesn't approach that but is included because in vivo levels drop start between ages 20-30.

Primarily, most of the side effects I've come across in research is from woman. Since DHEA is a precursor to many hormones it can cause facial hair growth in woman, etc and is why we don't recommend it to for teh ladies. :p

BIG F@CE
04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
what would be considered as prolonged use for DHEA?
1 month. 2 months? or are we talking all year round?

deserusan
04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
what would be considered as prolonged use for DHEA?
1 month. 2 months? or are we talking all year round?

Over a year at 100mg.

Eyedentify
04-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Over a year at 100mg.

You mentioned this log will go on for 60 days (if I'm not mistaken), are you planning to use HLG all through 60 days or will you stop after 6 weeks?

deserusan
04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
You mentioned this log will go on for 60 days (if I'm not mistaken), are you planning to use HLG all through 60 days or will you stop after 6 weeks?

42 days per the instructions for HLG, 50 days for the X Factor, and about the same for Melting Point. I'm running the log longer to make note of a drop in any bloating possible from MP.

Eyedentify
04-06-2007, 12:31 AM
42 days per the instructions for HLG, 50 days for the X Factor, and about the same for Melting Point. I'm running the log longer to make note of a drop in any bloating possible from MP.

Gotcha.

Eyedentify
04-06-2007, 09:25 AM
What is your opinion of adding E-Bol to your current stack? Will it be a good addition that will provide greater gains or will it be just a waste of money? And are they safe to be stacked together?

deserusan
04-06-2007, 02:58 PM
What is your opinion of adding E-Bol to your current stack? Will it be a good addition that will provide greater gains or will it be just a waste of money? And are they safe to be stacked together?

Since HLG's contain synthetic ECDY I feel it would overkill.

Elliptical Envy
04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Where are the workouts? :)

deserusan
04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
PS- I have two days of update to put up here. I'm just working on my damn banner which I accidentally erased, hence the delay. :cool:

deserusan
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM
PS- I have two days of update to put up here. I'm just working on my damn banner which I accidentally erased, hence the delay. :cool:

user4694231326
04-06-2007, 06:37 PM

I got horny with Sp250 + intrapro. What will happen with the addition of HLG? Will it take me to the next level? :o

Edit: I actually experienced a better libido with that combo. Just thought HLG may enhance it even more so. :o

rhaas
04-07-2007, 12:12 AM

What do think of replacing the HLG's with Ebol and just doing Ebol and x-factor?

deserusan
04-07-2007, 12:31 AM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1547/hlgxfmpfinalqp3.gif

The Workout: 8.8 out of 10

***I'm excluding all warm-up sets***

Leg Press: 900lbs x 14, 900lbs x 14, 900lbs x 14, 900lbs x 14, 900lbs x 14

superset w/

Hack Squats: 320lbs x 10, 320lbs x 10, 320lbs x 10, 320lbs x 10, 320lbs x 10

Leg Extensions: 250lbs x 16, 250lbs x 16, 250lbs x 16, 250lbs x 16, 250lbsx 16

superset w/

Lying Leg Curls: 180lbs x 15, 180lbs x 15, 180lbs x 15, 180lbs x 15, 180lbs x 15

Hybrid Calf Training (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitshow30.htm)

Cardio: Precor CrossTraining Elliptical 30 minutes

Thoughts

I'm sorry I'm a few days in posting this but **** happens. Getting a few days behind was not my intention but nevertheless I'll have the other workout up as well. We'll get the ball rolling soon and on my first day I didn't notice anything. No sides, no cramps, but just a little more water seemed to be necessary to feel hydrated.

Deserusan's Essential Cardio Selection

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1546/aliceux1.png (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSV_HgUDWQ)

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Jonathan Peters Remix)

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/144/hlgxfmpfinalsmallxo5.gif

Giggety Giggety
04-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Did Maxx make that for you ;):D

deserusan
04-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Did Maxx make that for you ;):D

I can put you over my knee! ;)

dvsness
04-07-2007, 04:52 AM
I can put you over my knee! ;)

I thought you only told me that. :(

Anyway, sick leg day, as usual!

Eyedentify
04-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Cool banner :)

What is that character? Is it japanese letter?

user4694231326
04-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow! nice banner!

livinonlava
04-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Jonathan Peters Remix)

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Perfect lyrics for this log :D

Mr. Aries
04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
What do think of replacing the HLG's with Ebol and just doing Ebol and x-factor?

lmao... that's not even remotely the same and would be a serious downgrade from the potential of this cycle.

deserusan
04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
I thought you only told me that. :(

Anyway, sick leg day, as usual!

I punish you in other ways. :)

Cool banner :)

What is that character? Is it japanese letter?

Katakana (Japanese) for Daniel.

Wow! nice banner!

It seems the bar has been raised since banners were introduced. I can hang. :p

Perfect lyrics for this log

I thought so two. I'm always trying to infuse these with something more than just "dude I lifted and HUYOOGE pump." A little bit of thought displayed in a not so obvious manner is never a bad thing. :)

lmao... that's not even remotely the same and would be a serious downgrade from the potential of this cycle.

Agreed. :)

uhockey
04-07-2007, 01:13 PM
What is wrong with HUYOOGE pump?
Awesome leg day......you don't look that tough in person. ;)

Also, just to be the 100th to say it, nice job on the banner.

The Brotherhood
04-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Sounds like fun, im subscribed!

dtrain13
04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
you don't look that tough in person. ;)

LOL.....:D

I love all the logs with flashing banners and all kinds of crazy **** going on. Its like the illusionist's hot assistant. ;)

Nice leg day man. :)

Nathan1
04-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Deserusan, thank you for making the workout posts so huge. Otherwise, i would never find them. :)

dvsness
04-07-2007, 01:45 PM

Be careful, there's glutamine in here. :eek:

cervasa1977
04-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow sick leg workout........... and of you haven't heard it yet the banner rocks!

leonidas300
04-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Well another excellent log, what else is new.

G.W. Hayduke
04-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Perfect lyrics for this log :D
Hell yeah! Gotta love Jefferson Airplane. That song always reminds me of the scene in Fear and Loathing when Benicio del Toro is in the tub trying to kill himself. :D

EMISGOD
04-07-2007, 03:08 PM

#101 FTW!!!!!

deserusan
04-07-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks Miguel.

Good to have you here and feel free to ask the questions you were asking in my blog here. You asked why I was stacking to AA supplements and the answer is simple. I'm a bigger guy so in order for to get the full benefit I feel I needed to have a bit more which HLG's offer.

LOL.....

I love all the logs with flashing banners and all kinds of crazy **** going on. Its like the illusionist's hot assistant.

Nice leg day man. :)

The flashy banners are something Blap or Pure started. I've used banner my last two logs that I designed but then they had to make the animated. So ****, I can't be shown up! :p

Deserusan, thank you for making the workout posts so huge. Otherwise, i would never find them. :)

You can also read my blog which has direct link under my picture where it says "BodyBlog."

Be careful, there's glutamine in here.

Don't think because you dieting anyone will cut you slack....dear.

Wow sick leg workout........... and of you haven't heard it yet the banner rocks!

Thanks and you should apply for the HLG yourself.

Well another excellent log, what else is new.

Sarcasm is welcome...but only from you. :D

Hell yeah! Gotta love Jefferson Airplane. That song always reminds me of the scene in Fear and Loathing when Benicio del Toro is in the tub trying to kill himself.

How many names did they have though? Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, the Jeffersons, Jethro Tull? Too many to figure out!

#101 FTW!!!!!

Word!

Elliptical Envy
04-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I just wanted to be seen. :) Ummmmmm...the banner looks nice? :confused:

deserusan
04-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I just wanted to be seen. :) Ummmmmm...the banner looks nice? :confused:

I was going with a Tokyo on acid theme. :D

Elliptical Envy
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I was going with a Tokyo on acid theme. :D

Seriously, the banner is cool. I'll make sure to follow this log as much as I can.

deserusan
04-07-2007, 11:56 PM

The Workout: 9.0 out of 10

Supine Barbell Brench Press (1/2 press full negative): 335lbs x 8, 335lbs x 8, 335lbs x 8, 335lbs x 8, 335lbs x 8

superset w/

Dumbell Flyes: 50lb'ers x 12, 50lb'ers x 12, 50lb'ers x 12, 50lb'ers x 12, 50lb'ers x 12

Incline Dumbell Press (Steep angle): 105lbs x 10, 105lbs x 10, 105lbs x 10, 105lbs x 10, 105lbs x 10

superset w/

Standing Cable Cross-Ups: 50lbs (per side) x 12, 50lbs x 12, 50lbs x 12, 50lbs (per side) x 12,

superset w/

Dumbell Pullovers: 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x10, 80lbs x 10

Overhead Dumbell Extensions: 30lb'ers x 10/10, 30lbs x 10/10, 30lb'ers x 10/10

Overhead Rope Extensions: 140lbs x 10, 140lbs x 10, 140lbs x 10

Thoughts

I felt fairly strong on going into this workout. As I mentioned before, I'm trying to keep my bench pressing on the lighter side so as to not hurt my shoulders, etc. However, I do altere my technique to stimulate the muscles just as well and is why partials are great way to stimulate the chest.

Keep in mind, the form must be strict and eccentric motion must be slow and controlled to really damage the muscle. A lot of novice trainers don't utilize the concentric motion the way they should. Regardless, I totally blasted my chest and tris this session.

As for sides, none were experienced accept for the increase need for hydration. I'm guess I'm getting about 2-3 gallons of water but maybe later on I'll actually track this more closely. I should also note that I tried mixing Designer Supplement's Sustain with mashed yams because I was out of eggwhites. It tasted OUTSTANDING!!!

Deserusan's Essential Workout Selection

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3486/newpicturemn9.png (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjE_tm1_OrQ)

Prodigy - Voodoo (Pendulum Remix Live @ SeOne, London

For those of you just tuning into my logs/reviews for this first time I should probably explain why I have videos in my posts. Essentially, music is a huge part of my life. I started playing viola/violin quite young which later turned into interest in guitar. For me, music has always been my own escape from the world and great source of solace and introspection for me. These are just some songs that I happen to listed on that day that pumped me up.

Over the years, my tastes have varied from my electronic phase when I was spinning parties in college to a more classical approach to acoustic guitar. Regardless, I'm a club kid at heart who always likes the challenge of mastering every instrument I command. This reveals itself in many facets of my life.

Bloute
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Crazy banner !

I want one like this for my havoc cycle ! :D

deserusan
04-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Crazy banner !

Are you logging it?

Bloute
04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Are you logging it?

Yes, I start it next week !

dan7681
04-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Crazy banner !

x2 Dan you need to make a banner for my next log :)

TT22
04-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Nice stack, and log.

Good luck Des!

Jdub

rhaas
04-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Aries

Agreed. :)

What makes the HLG better than Ebol. Is it the DHEA, the Stinging Nettle Root and the SHBG effect or both that makes it superior?

Also, both HLG and x factor have AA in it. Could you indulge us less knowing about the maximum amount and why it would not be overload for AA to be in both products? TIA

deserusan
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
What makes the HLG better than Ebol. Is it the DHEA, the Stinging Nettle Root and the SHBG effect or both that makes it superior?

I never said HLG was "better" than E-BOL. They both work by completely different mechanisms. Please read both write-ups and you will see this.

Also, both HLG and x factor have AA in it. Could you indulge us less knowing about the maximum amount and why it would not be overload for AA to be in both products? TIA

A simple concept that seems to evade most people is that supplementation dosing protocols should be based on lean body mass. The amount of AA alone in X Factor combined with the amound HLG should suit someone of my size better in my opinion.

Would I recommend this for someone under 200lbs? Probably not as I weigh about 250lbs depending on the time of the day thus having much more lean body mass.

Outside backer
04-08-2007, 01:00 PM
so i read on page 1 ur gonna take glutamine in a large dose? i like it

Outside backer
04-08-2007, 01:01 PM
great banner what program did u use by the way?

deserusan
04-08-2007, 01:01 PM
so i read on page 1 ur gonna take glutamine in a large dose? i like it

Yup...40 grams a day.

rhaas
04-08-2007, 01:04 PM
I never said HLG was "better" than E-BOL. They both work by completely different mechanisms. Please read both write-ups and you will see this.

A simple concept that seems to evade most people is that supplementation dosing protocols should be based on lean body mass. The amount of AA alone in X Factor combined with the amound HLG should suit someone of my size better in my opinion.

Would I recommend this for someone under 200lbs? Probably not as I weigh about 250lbs depending on the time of the day thus having much more lean body mass.

Thank you!!!

5Six
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Intriguing log. Seems I am a bit late on it.

Outside backer
04-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Where are the workouts? :)

pfffff Dan doesnt workout

pffff

AtownKing187
04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Killer song , and a killer workout Dan!

EMISGOD
04-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Yup...40 grams a day.

That should be interesting...

deserusan
04-08-2007, 04:44 PM

That should be interesting...

....and fecking expensive.

deserusan
04-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Killer song , and a killer workout Dan!

Pendulum is bad ass. I highly recommend seeing them live if you ever get the chance.

AtownKing187
04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Pendulum is bad ass. I highly recommend seeing them live if you ever get the chance.

Wowz...I'm going to have to look into that sometime.

deserusan
04-08-2007, 11:35 PM

The Workout: 9.2 out of 10

Rack Pulls: 405lbs x 8, 405lbs x 8, 405lbs x 8, 405lbs x 8, 405lbs x 8

superset w/

Low Cable Rows: 200lbs x 8, 200lbs x 8, 200lbs x 8, 200lbs x 8, 200lbs x 8

Neutral Grip Pulldowns: 180lbs x 8, 180lbs x 8, 180lbs x 8, 180lbs x 8, 180lbs x 8

superset w/

Single Arm Dumbell Rows: 100lb'ers x 10/10, 100lb'ers x 10/10, 100lb'ers x 10/10, 100lb'ers x 10/10, 100lb'ers x 10/10

Seated Dumbell 1/2 Curls: 35lb'ers x 8/8, 35lb'ers x 8/8, 35lb'ers x 8/8

Concentration Curls: 30lb'ers x 10/10, 30lb'ers x 10/10, 30lb'ers x 10/10

Hybrid Calf Training (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitshow30.htm)

Cardio: Precor Elliptical 30 minutes

Thoughts

Over the past few days I haven't experienced any side effects yet. The only change I have noticed is my intake of water is higher. I do feel more thirst then on average.

One positive effect I have noticed is some increasing vascularity. I obviously don't have a low bodyfat yet, but there is a noticeable presence of vascularity in my arms, chest, and shoulders. I find this pretty cool this far out.

You may notice I'm going fairly light on the bicep exercises too. Frankly, they pre-exhausted from the heavy back training. When I get to them in the workout I'm more or less just getting strong contractions forcing blood into every possible fiber. These are slow and controlled movements.

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8369/untitledtc7.png (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkWaRo8p3c)

Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings (DJ Tiesto Remix)

If you ever have the chance to see Tiesto live you should. However, a smaller club setting is much better than an arena from experience.

bongd
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Although I've really cut the volume training under doggcrapp principals, I love throwing in some volume with the rack deads now and again! It's excellent.

Great workouts, Dan. And kick ass banner, btw. I thought that complimenting you on that might sound redundant, but it's snazzy! :D

Giggety Giggety
04-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Nice workout Des ;) Tiesto's new album comes out tuesday I believe (FYI).

deserusan
04-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Although I've really cut the volume training under doggcrapp principals, I love throwing in some volume with the rack deads now and again! It's excellent.

Great workouts, Dan. And kick ass banner, btw. I thought that complimenting you on that might sound redundant, but it's snazzy! :D

Thanks man. I built most of my mass from heavy lifting back in the day. Now I'm just trying to refine what I have for detail. I still lift heavy, but I focus more on full contractions that are strong with slower eccentric movement to really damage the muscle.

Nice workout Des ;) Tiesto's new album comes out tuesday I believe (FYI).

Elements of Life right? Should be good. :p

user4694231326
04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
*copy down Des' bad ass workout program for back* :p

bongd
04-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks man. I built most of my mass from heavy lifting back in the day. Now I'm just trying to refine what I have for detail. I still lift heavy, but I focus more on full contractions that are strong with slower eccentric movement to really damage the muscle.

Even though I have a ways to go before I catch up to you in experience and size, I've learned that the eccentric phase is a great thing to get acquainted with for quality muscle. Good job, man. :cool:

lilpinki
04-09-2007, 03:47 AM
You are the *master* of animated gifs.......

aznxdgnz
04-09-2007, 03:58 AM
should a 22 year old be using hlg?

deserusan
04-09-2007, 04:56 AM
You are the *master* of animated gifs.......

I look foward to seeing yours soon! :)

should a 22 year old be using hlg?

The question would be better phrased as "could?" and the answer is yes.

Mickfootie
04-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Those are some Heavy duty workouts Dan. How many warm-up sets are you doing before you get stuck into it?

Appetite
04-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Hey Des

Just a side note. The DHEA in the Halodrol has some estrogenic properities as well as its favourable affects on testosterone, would this not cause you to hold a certain amount of weight and hinder you in your cut.

Because DHEA on its own would be a very cost effective supplement I looked into it and this put me off.

Also subscribed for a good log.

Prodigy rocks.

deserusan
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey Des

Just a side note. The DHEA in the Halodrol has some estrogenic properities as well as its favourable affects on testosterone, would this not cause you to hold a certain amount of weight and hinder you in your cut.

Because DHEA on its own would be a very cost effective supplement I looked into it and this put me off.

Also subscribed for a good log.

Prodigy rocks.

At this point I'm not worried about any water retention as long as the fat is coming off. If I were I probably wouldn't be using Melting Point either. Frankly, I think worrying about the estrogenic properties in the context of my training protocol and diet shouldn't be a factor.

deserusan
04-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Those are some Heavy duty workouts Dan. How many warm-up sets are you doing before you get stuck into it?

It depends on how I feel. Sometimes 1-2 sets and at other times 5-6.

sobelik
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
If you ever have the chance to see Tiesto live you should. However, a smaller club setting is much better than an arena from experience.

DJ Tiesto came and rocked ATL earlier this year, I should share my experience with you in TLchat lol

Twin Peak
04-09-2007, 05:20 PM
At this point I'm not worried about any water retention as long as the fat is coming off. If I were I probably wouldn't be using Melting Point either. Frankly, I think worrying about the estrogenic properties in the context of my training protocol and diet shouldn't be a factor.

I agree, FWIW.

deserusan
04-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree, FWIW.

I just got working out and am drenched in sweat...lol. I probably had about 1.5 gallons of water. :)

DrnkMnky
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM

I had zero water retention issues when using MP. Although, I was also using the DS NHA stack too.

deserusan
04-10-2007, 01:02 AM

The Workout: 9.0 out of 10

Hack Squats: 360lbs x 8, 360lbs x 8, 360lbs x 8, 360lbs x 8

superset w/

Walking Barbell Lunges: 135lbs x 20 paces, 135lbs x 20 paces, 135lbs x 20 paces, 135lbs x 20 paces

Front Squats: 225lbs x 8, 225lbs x 8, 225lbs x 8, 225lbs x 8

superset w/

SLDL: 135lbs x 12, 135lbs x 12, 135lbs x 12, 135lbs x 12

Crunches: 30, 30, 30, 30

Thoughts

This was a killer workout. I love hack squats because the its easy to maintain a controlled negative without stressing all your stabilizers like with back squats. A few times during this session I had to catch my breath and felt rather light headed. I always just lay flat on my back when this happens and get up very slowly.

I also must say that I drank probably 1.5 gallons of water during this session. My water intake has increased a bit which I'm cool with. I haven't noticed any bloating so it's all good at this point.

I should mention that some DOMS has certainly set in. Frankly, I don't get them to often no matter how hard I trash any given muscle group so after this leg workout I think it's safe to say I'm ****ed. Oh well.

For my next entry tomorrow I'll be sharing why I feel that Melting Point (Tetradecylthioacetic Acid) would have a strong synergy with X Factor (arachidonic acid) in terms of stimulating fat loss.

http://www.ferrycorsten.com/twan/pics/15.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrcIptfajkg)

U2 - New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Remix)

This is a bad ass remix. I've always been a fan of U2 and I heard this for the first time at Club Nation in DC spun by George Acosta. It's sick and don't mind the video because it's not Corsten or U2. It's some dude who thought people wanted to see his pictures to a dance song. :rolleyes:

extremenergy3
04-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Nice workout. Can't wait to read your stuff on X Factor and Melting Point being synergistcally good for fat loss :D

Robboe
04-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Get some good discussion going.

uhockey
04-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Your hack squats are horribly intimidating. Do you set the bar down and readjust after each rep? If not, how did you work up to that level of grip strength?

Twin Peak
04-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Nice front squats. I have a love/hate relationship with those.

I look forward to our next training session together, the one in Ohio was fun.

Off to do hacks now, this will be my first time training two days in a row since the Arnold, life sucks right now.

dvsness
04-10-2007, 04:53 AM
I should mention that some DOMS has certainly set in. Frankly, I don't get them to often no matter how hard I trash any given muscle group so after this leg workout I think it's safe to say I'm ****ed. Oh well.

No whining about DOMS when you get here tomorrow, ok? It's my week to complain; you'll get your turn.

Your hack squats are horribly intimidating. Do you set the bar down and readjust after each rep? If not, how did you work up to that level of grip strength?

;)

http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Quadriceps/SLHackSquat.gif

redhawk76
04-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Hell of a workout Des!

For my next entry tomorrow I'll be sharing why I feel that Melting Point (Tetradecylthioacetic Acid) would have a strong synergy with X Factor (arachidonic acid) in terms of stimulating fat loss.

Certainly looking forward to this

5Six
04-10-2007, 06:53 AM

Great workout, Des. Front squats -- gotta love them.

Lookin' forward to this.

Also, that is a sick song suggestion. I usually hate most dance stuff, but this is good -- really good.

deserusan
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Great workout, Des. Front squats -- gotta love them.

Lookin' forward to this.

Also, that is a sick song suggestion. I usually hate most dance stuff, but this is good -- really good.

Thanks man...I like more vocal dance music. I cut a few remixes myself but I only used them in my own sets due to potential copyright conflicts.

getbustered
04-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I cut a few remixes myself but I only used them in my own sets due to potential copyright conflicts.

Is there anything you don't do?

5Six
04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks man...I like more vocal dance music. I cut a few remixes myself but I only used them in my own sets due to potential copyright conflicts.

Thats pretty damn cool man. What got you into it?

Hrrmmm. I might have a song for. Not sure if you will enjoy it or not. But I will upload it any how.

Edit; Song can be found here: Rhythm Gangstar - The Crowd Song (http://www.zshare.net/audio/rhythm-gangstar-the-crowd-song-mp3.html)

Eyedentify
04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Thats pretty damn cool man. What got you into it?

Hrrmmm. I might have a song for. Not sure if you will enjoy it or not. But I will upload it any how.

Edit; Song can be found here: Rhythm Gangstar - The Crowd Song (http://www.zshare.net/audio/rhythm-gangstar-the-crowd-song-mp3.html)

I know that song, its an awesome song, heard it couple of times in raves.

deserusan
04-10-2007, 10:20 PM

Is there anything you don't do?

I don't pay a lot for my car insurance!

Zachattack43
04-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't pay a lot for my car insurance!
its so easy even a caveman can do it;)

deserusan
04-11-2007, 01:17 AM

The Workout: 9.5 out of 10

Military Press: 225lbs x 10, 225lbs x 10, 225lbs x 10, 225lbs x 10

superset w/

Seated Dumbell Laterals: 40lb'ers x 10, 40lb'ers x 10, 40lb'ers x 10, 40lb'ers x 10

Free Motion Front Delt Raises: 40lbs x 10/10, 40lbs x 10/10, 40lbs x 10/10, 40lbs x 10/10

superset w/

Free Motion Upright Rows: 80lbs x 12, 80lbs x 12, 80lb s x 12, 80lbs x 12

Dumbell Trap Rows: 60lb'ers x 10, 60lb'ers x 10, 60lb'ers x 10

superset w/

Reverse Pec Dec: 200lbs x 8, 200lbs x 8, 200lbs x 8

Cardio: Precor Elliptical 30 minutes

Thoughts

Surprisingly, my DOMS aren't too bad from my last session. I was expecting more but I'll take less.

I'm not going to say how good this shoulder workout was because it's obvious just by looking at it. What I do want to mention is that since starting my new diet and this stack I'm down five pounds already in one week. It's probably just due to the shock of a different calorie structure, but regardless, it's still a reality.

I had mentioned dropping the calories weekly, but I might hold off a bit. It's not like I lost any muscle in the past week, but I'm going to stick to this calorie range for the next week and see how much more weight I lose. If it's all fat I don't care but if it's muscle I will have to adjust my calories a bit.

Discussion

I'm tired, so here's a brief summary of what's to come: arachidonic acid and tetradecylthioacetic acid both activate PPAR alpha. :o

Youtube was down. I'm out.

user4694231326
04-11-2007, 01:24 AM
What the ... ?!?!??!?!!!!!??!??!??!?

Dan da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your 1st superset exercises reminded me of Milos Sarcev.

;)

bongd
04-11-2007, 01:29 AM
What the ... ?!?!??!?!!!!!??!??!??!?

Dan da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your 1st superset exercises reminded me of Milos Sarcev.

;)

"Explode!" - Milos ;)

Wow, strong military press.

user4694231326
04-11-2007, 01:38 AM
"Explode!" - Milos ;)

Wow, strong military press.

yeahh!!!! thanks to fitshow!

he advocate "lift up like tis...explode!!!!!

;) Milos is superb trainer!

retro_roots
04-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Wow Strong Discussion :D

(Cant wait for it to really heat up)

dvsness
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I hate the midwest. :(

http://weather.yahoo.com/images/n_central_sat_440x297.jpg

Snow ruins everything.

G.W. Hayduke
04-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm tired, so here's a brief summary of what's to come: arachidonic acid and tetradecylthioacetic acid both activate PPAR alpha. :o

Don't let the water retention from TTA fool you either. When I ran X-Factor and Melting Point, it wasn't until a week after coming off did I really see the results. Potent stack, for sure.

Outside backer
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Snow ruins everything.

75 degrees ftw

Stonecoldtruth
04-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Snow ruins everything.

I know how you feel, I just had to wobble out and shovel (south dakota) due to this bastardly snow.

aznxdgnz
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
what is your recommended dosage for a 22 year old with 160 lbm? and would diet such as timed carb diets affect the effectiveness of this supplement?

dvsness
04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I know how you feel, I just had to wobble out and shovel (south dakota) due to this bastardly snow.

No you don't. I don't live in the midwest. But flights out of WI were cancelled.

Stonecoldtruth
04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
No you don't. I don't live in the midwest. But flights out of WI were cancelled.

Oh ****. I'm sorry ness :( Is he going to still be able to find a way out for the show?

deserusan
04-11-2007, 08:02 PM

Snow ruins everything.

LOL! Seriously...WTF. When I flew to the AC I woke up to freezing rain. UGGHH!!!

Stonecoldtruth
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
LOL! Seriously...WTF. When I flew to the AC I woke up to freezing rain. UGGHH!!!

So, you are renting a car and driving there, right? Don't tell me something as wimpy as snow can stop the Des.

deserusan
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
So, you are renting a car and driving there, right? Don't tell me something as wimpy as snow can stop the Des.

I was tempted actually. I have a direct flight tomorrow at 7am. The real bitch of today was O'Hare. When I use to travel back and forth a lot between here and DC during school I was always connect through there. It was always a nightmare. I don't know how many times I've sprinted through there to make connections.

Regardless, I always try to get direct flights and once again the lesson was learned. :)

Stonecoldtruth
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I was tempted actually. I have a direct flight tomorrow at 7am. The real bitch of today was O'Hare. When I use to travel back and forth a lot between here and DC during school I was always connect through there. It was always a nightmare. I don't know how many times I've sprinted through there to make connections.

Regardless, I always try to get direct flights and once again the lesson was learned. :)

I once had a 2 day layover in Dallas Fort-Worth, never again will I fly standby. Direct flights from WI? Nice. Every flight out of Sioux Falls connects in either Minneapolis, Denver, or Chicago.

smh31
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
nice looking log

Eyedentify
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Des

You mentioned that the reason why you stacked HLG with x-factor is because of your size, for someone who weigh less than 220 pounds would you advise on stacking them or just stick to HLG only?

ncangey0513
04-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Damn, somehow I missed the first couple days of this! Anyways, subscribed! :cool:

deserusan
04-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Des

You mentioned that the reason why you stacked HLG with x-factor is because of your size, for someone who weigh less than 220 pounds would you advise on stacking them or just stick to HLG only?

If they were interested in the stack I would probably drop the dose of X Factor by 250mg per ~40lbs LBM to assess your tolerance. Trust me when I say that I'm not stacking these to just because I'm heavy, I also feel there is much efficacy for higher dosed AA for those who don't eat red meat as well.

Eyedentify
04-11-2007, 11:59 PM
If they were interested in the stack I would probably drop the dose of X Factor by 250mg per ~40lbs LBM to assess your tolerance. Trust me when I say that I'm not stacking these to just because I'm heavy, I also feel there is much efficacy for higher dosed AA for those who don't eat red meat as well.

I see

If I want to follow up HLG cycle straightaway with Novedex XT how long can the Novedex cycle go for? 20 days maximum (as stated in gaspari ad) or can I go use it for 8 weeks straight without a problem?

deserusan
04-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I see

If I want to follow up HLG cycle straightaway with Novedex XT how long can the Novedex cycle go for? 20 days maximum (as stated in gaspari ad) or can I go use it for 8 weeks straight without a problem?

Follow the recommendations.

The Brotherhood
04-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Des, how are the joints feeling on AA?

Eyedentify
04-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Follow the recommendations.

Ok thanks man

deserusan
04-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Des, how are the joints feeling on AA?

No problems at all. My DOMS are up a bit but for now that's all except for some increased thirst.

The Brotherhood
04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
No problems at all. My DOMS are up a bit but for now that's all except for some increased thirst.

Are you using anything to combat possible joint trouble or are you doing a raw run?

deserusan
04-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Are you using anything to combat possible joint trouble or are you doing a raw run?

I'm not using anything at all for joints. Honestly, my tolerance for pain is high and as I have flare ups of pateller tendonitis some times. However, everything seems tip top and good to go with no joint pain at all. I was using a cissus product prior to this.

-D

The Brotherhood
04-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm not using anything at all for joints. Honestly, my tolerance for pain is high and as I have flare ups of pateller tendonitis some times. However, everything seems tip top and good to go with no joint pain at all. I was using a cissus product prior to this.

-D

Good news. I could possibly see a future run with AA for me then. I have horrible joints, and AA didn't make sense from all the reviews with joint trouble.

Any reason you discontinued Cissus?

deserusan
04-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Any reason you discontinued Cissus?

Cissus attenuates proinflammatory cytokines which is why it's great for reducing joint inflammation. However, modulating all cytokines that happen to also be myokines (IL-6) is something I don't want to do and is why I'm using high dose glutamine. Also, my joint are feeling fine and I don't like to take things just to take them.

bongd
04-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Cissus attenuates proinflammatory cytokines which is why it's great for reducing joint inflammation. However, modulating all cytokines that happen to also be myokines (IL-6) is something I don't want to do and is why I'm using high dose glutamine. Also, my joint are feeling fine and I don't like to take things just to take them.

Nice. In regards to sore joints, I honestly think most people are just being wimps. Unless they've got some sort of inflammatory condition they were unaware of, it's nothing bad. Buncha babies. :D

deserusan
04-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Nice. In regards to sore joints, I honestly think most people are just being wimps. Unless they've got some sort of inflammatory condition they were unaware of, it's nothing bad. Buncha babies. :D

I agree. Everyone bitches about taste, this and that, and I just want to tell them to STFU. This is bodybuilding and before someone chimes in and says they just want to be fit, etc I'll say this: nothing is easy. Man-up and get the sand out of your vagina ( no offense ladies :D).

bongd
04-12-2007, 12:57 AM
I agree. Everyone bitches about taste, this and that, and I just want to tell them to STFU. This is bodybuilding and before someone chimes in and says they just want to be fit, etc I'll say this: nothing is easy. Man-up and get the sand out of your vagina ( no offense ladies :D).

Heh, I've always wanted to tell everyone on here to take a breather and wipe off their vagina's when it comes to their bitching. Since when has serious bodybuilding ever been "easy"? :confused:

dan7681
04-12-2007, 01:06 AM

Heh, I've always wanted to tell everyone on here to take a breather and wipe off their vagina's when it comes to their bitching. Since when has serious bodybuilding ever been "easy"? :confused:

Screw you guys I want my preworkout supps to taste like kool aid, my protein to taste like a milkshake and any pills I take to leave me with minty fresh breath.

So the sand stays :eek: :p :D

user4694231326
04-12-2007, 01:14 AM

AGREED! Taste is secondary! Bodybuilding is never easy. AGREED again!

If I care about taste, I will quit working out all together and drink all bailey irish cream all day/ all night + down all the chinese food!

warbird00
04-12-2007, 01:15 AM

x factor pills taste like poopy in my mouth :(

bongd
04-12-2007, 01:23 AM
x factor pills taste like poopy in my mouth :(

D'oh. I forgot to mention... you're not supposed to chew on them! My bad! ;)

warbird00
04-12-2007, 01:36 AM
D'oh. I forgot to mention... you're not supposed to chew on them! My bad! ;)

noooow you tell me, i always try to get to the murky stuff in the cap, so i just bite down. i thought it helped with absorbtions :(

aznxdgnz
04-12-2007, 01:45 AM
i read somewhere that when taking aa supplements, try to stay away from olive oil as much as possible? does this pertain to meal with/prior with hlg or throughout the whole cycle?

Robboe
04-12-2007, 03:29 AM

The "horse-shoe" design is so fkn stupid. And they poorly plan the connections - you always dock at the top-most point of one end and have to walk all the way round to your waiting plane at the other.

uhockey
04-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Never answered the grip strength Q, so I'll just assume Ness was displaying the truth. ;)

Good luck making it to NY, this weather sucks.

Eyedentify
04-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Des

I have great interest in HLG and Novedex XT, I have two more questions for you if you don't mind.

1. After using HLG (40 days) and Novedex (another extra 20 days), how long should I cycle off after finishing novedex before I can start back on HLG again?

2. If you swap it around, making it Novedex cycle then follow up with HLG cycle, will it be LESS effective compare to HLG then Novedex? if yes what would the reason be?

dvsness
04-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Never answered the grip strength Q, so I'll just assume Ness was displaying the truth. ;)

1. I am always right.

2. The plane has finally taken off!

naturalguy
04-12-2007, 08:02 AM
1. I am always right.

The bird is in the air? :)

Des is invading NY!!!!!!!!!

njmuscle66
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Happy to hear that :)

aznxdgnz
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM

new york ain't no sunshine either.

deserusan
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
The bird is in the air? :)

Des is invading NY!!!!!!!!!

I had the worst traveling experience ever. The highlight was an old woman gettin **** on herself because of turbulence while using the bathroom. She then couldn't figure out how to unlock the door which caused quite a commotion. Needless to say, the plane smelled like bowels as we circled La Guardia for an extra half hour.

Tartaros
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I had the worst traveling experience ever. The highlight was an old woman gettin **** on herself because of turbulence while using the bathroom. She then couldn't figure out how to unlock the door which caused quite a commotion. Needless to say, the plane smelled like bowels as we circled La Guardia for an extra half hour.

Sorry that happened to you man. That sounds pretty disgusting to me. Hopefully you won't have the same experience again because that would not be fun at all.

aznxdgnz
04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
hey des did you bring any supplements? and if you did, did all of them go through no hassle through la guardia?

lilpinki
04-12-2007, 09:41 PM

major ick.... i guess it COULD have been worse... I can't think of HOW... but it IS possible...