PDA

View Full Version : wrestling workout

fido
11-15-2001, 04:48 PM
does anyone have a workout for scholastic wrestling that will give you a lot of strength? I don't really care how much size it adds.

Zulu
11-15-2001, 05:04 PM
Powerlifting .

-Zulu

fido
11-15-2001, 07:39 PM
which exercises? how many sets/reps?

Football41
11-15-2001, 08:49 PM
What exercises>>>>SQUATS, DEADLIFTS, LEGG PRESS, GOODMORNINGS, BARBELL ROWS, INCLINE BENCHPRESS, BENCHPRESS, SHOULDERPRESS, CLOSEGRIP BENCHPRESS, FRENCHPRESS, SHRUG, BARBELL CURL, HAMMER CURL

POWERLIFTING....POWERFUL EXCERCISES>>>USE A BARBELL WHENEVER POSSIBLE>>>A BARBELL ALLOWS YOU TO USE MORE WEIGHT ON MOST EXERCISES
-MOST OF THESE EXERCISES REQUIRE A BARBELL ANYWAY...IM JUST SUGGESTING A BARBELL OVER DUMBELLS FOR THINGS LIKE BENCH PRESS, INCLINE PRESS, SHOULDER PRESS.

FOR STRENGTH LIFT HEAVY:
HIGH WEIGHT LOW REPS(4-5 SETS>>>2-5 REPS)

THIS IS HOW TO UP YOUR STRENGTH BUT THIS TYPE OF TRAINING(HEAVY WEIGHT, LOW REPS) IS NOT GOOD FOR SOMEONE JUST STARTING TO LIFT.

IF YOUR A BEGINNER I'D SUGGEST THOSE SAME EXERCISES WITH 4 SETS OF 6-10 REPS. AND OF COURSE...DO NOT DO ALL OF THESE LIFTS ON THE SAME DAY, SEPARATE YOUR WORKOUTS BY BODYPART(LEGS, CHEST + TRIS, BACK + BIS, SHOULDERS, REST DAY, CYCLE REPEATS>>>THAT IS WHAT I SUGGEST).
GOOD LUCK. LIFT HARD.
DREW

Newbtime
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Powerlifting .

-Zulu
agreed

Darrian
07-14-2009, 11:28 PM
does anyone have a workout for scholastic wrestling that will give you a lot of strength? I don't really care how much size it adds.
My wrestling workout is

Monday:
Bench 5x5
Dips 3x10
Skull Crushers 3x10x15
Shoulder Flys 3x10
Seated Rows 3x10

Tuesday:
Squats 5x5
Leg Press 3x10
Deadlift 3x10
DB Run The Rack (Sets of 6)
T-Bar 3x10

then switch off everyday, But yeah its a simple workout use it if u want I do that then the next week football workouts

wolfbaden6
07-15-2009, 01:06 AM
The best wrestling workout is to wrestle, and often.

Also, try circuit training. You'll get your lifting in and it's cardio too.

kevinmbush
01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
The best wrestling workout is to wrestle, and often.

Also, try circuit training. You'll get your lifting in and it's cardio too.

Hey man I wrestled in college and have a few friends coaching at the Division 1 level. What is going to be the best training is hard drilling. Off the mat sprints of varying lengths where your heart rate goes up and down is going to help you develop that barrel chest but also give you that burst as well as endurance that you'll need. Also, everyday you should be doing dips, and more importantly pull ups that's going towards hitting your V shape. This also helps with grip, pulling motions, endurance, and MENTAL TOUGHNESS! Someone mentioned circuits which is true -- you have to do motions that are going to test the movements you need in wrestling - upright rows, phys ball pushups, squat jumps, med ball throws, etc. (you don't need to really do too many tricep kickbacks).

Your best bet is going to be not on this forum but if you go to flowrestling.com and watch the workouts done by Central Michigan, Kent State, and Iowa (schools off the top of my head). You'll see the intensity and the types of workouts they run. Get on flowrestling and get to work!

PIN TO WIN!

mjlindne
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
wrestle