i dont think that link is working

it works.

tiger09
03-27-2007, 02:21 PM
i like how they dont show who won. neat vid

2 HUGE
03-27-2007, 02:24 PM
it works.

wow i was impressed with that go kart accel lol.

CLK-GTR
03-27-2007, 02:43 PM
lol. no way any car is going to out accelerate a shifter kart

daniel77
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
There are plenty of street legal cars that can out accelerate a shifter kart, why would you say that?

CLK-GTR
03-27-2007, 02:48 PM
There are plenty of street legal cars that can out accelerate a shifter kart, why would you say that?

250cc's hit 0-60 in well under 3 seconds. even the small 100cc's get there in around 4 seconds

CoreMaster75
03-27-2007, 02:49 PM
My dream car just went from lambourgini to a Go-kart :)

fedale
03-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Im surprised the kart didn't flip...

or shoot a red turtle shell :D

daniel77
03-27-2007, 02:52 PM
250cc's hit 0-60 in well under 3 seconds. even the small 100cc's get there in around 4 seconds

I raced shifter carts as early as a few years ago and your numbers are a little off, they are fast but not that fast. For argument sake lets take your numbers anyway, have you ever been to a dragstrip?...If you answer yes, you have answered your own question, a car can out accelerate a shifter cart.

MrGuitar
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
While lambos are great cars. When it comes to the drag strip, many cars will beat them.

CLK-GTR
03-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I raced shifter carts as early as a few years ago and your numbers are a little off, they are fast but not that fast. For argument sake lets take your numbers anyway, have you ever been to a dragstrip?...If you answer yes, you have answered your own question, a car can out accelerate a shifter cart.

you clearly didnt race serious shifter karts then, because they really are that quick.

and how is whether i have been to a drag strip or not relevant to whether a kart is quicker than a car? im not talking at top fuel dragsters here

Les Paul
03-27-2007, 03:06 PM

lmfao!! mario kart ftw!

Striver
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Search for 'gixxer cart' :D

yzrider400f
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Search for 'gixxer cart' :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbZt9-xtuU
this cart is weak compared to that thing

Leper Messiah
03-27-2007, 03:37 PM
While lambos are great cars. When it comes to the drag strip, many cars will beat them.

This is slightly incorrect. Many cars will not beat lambo's on a quarter mile. Go-carts and other small specialized vehicles like that are not considered cars.

Mises
03-27-2007, 03:38 PM
power to weight ratio, I could imagine a modded shifter cart to be insanely fast. The video is not surprising. BTW which one would you rather have? Lambo of course!

SUSprinter
03-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd rather pick a girl up in a Red Lambo than a go-kart. But that's just me.

corple
03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
im surprised the go kart could even hang...never knew...

MrGuitar
03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
This is slightly incorrect. Many cars will not beat lambo's on a quarter mile. Go-carts and other small specialized vehicles like that are not considered cars.

I know go carts are not considered cars. At the track, that lambo would have to line up against blown vipers, vettes, kennebell cobras, turbo/twin turbo supras, Modded LS1s ... you name it (I have come across all of the previous cars). Now you could mod that lambo for the 1/4 mile, but who does that?

lacey23
03-27-2007, 03:48 PM

I don't know what kind of cars your talking about but I raced karts when I was younger, and my brother was the canadian champ for rotax max, and raced shifters all over Canada, the states, adn Europe. Shifters can accelerate faster then stock street legal cars. 40 hp, with 300-350 pounds including driver. 0-60 in less then 3 seconds, top speed around 150 km/h

Lothar
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Lambos, Ferraris, etc. are all a joke when it comes to drag racing. Their 0-60 times are pathetic. Althought the Go-Kart had some power!To think you can spend that much money on a car who's performance ca be matched by a $50k car with just a few inexpensive upgrades.

Plus, they catch on fire out of nowhere. Pieces of **** IMO.

Alperin
03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know what kind of cars your talking about but I raced karts when I was younger, and my brother was the canadian champ for rotax max, and raced shifters all over Canada, the states, adn Europe. Shifters can accelerate faster then stock street legal cars. 40 hp, with 300-350 pounds including driver. 0-60 in less then 3 seconds, top speed around 150 km/h

Sure a non-street legal kart can out accelerate a street legal car. But that's a silly comparison. You need to be comparing the kart to a non-street car as well. And in that case the car will certainly win.

lacey23
03-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Sure a non-street legal kart can out accelerate a street legal car. But that's a silly comparison. You need to be comparing the kart to a non-street car as well. And in that case the car will certainly win.

Well Obviously something with a 1000hp, is going to beat a go kart in a straight line. I'm just saying 10-11 seconds 1/4 mile is pretty quick and would beat most cars at a dragstrip. There corning is rediculous, lots of fun to drive.

Striver
03-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Lambos, Ferraris, etc. are all a joke when it comes to drag racing. Their 0-60 times are pathetic. Althought the Go-Kart had some power!To think you can spend that much money on a car who's performance ca be matched by a $50k car with just a few inexpensive upgrades.

Plus, they catch on fire out of nowhere. Pieces of **** IMO.

You seriously need to get a clue. Ever been in an exotic? I've been in a few.
I've also been in a 700bhp Supra ( l love Supras) and other modded cars.

You can't compare them. The feel of an exotic is very very solid. Feels much higher class.

Oh and they can handle like they on rails.

MrGuitar
03-27-2007, 04:10 PM

You can't compare them. The feel of an exotic is very very solid. Feels much higher class.

werd. even if your ferrari does get waxed at the track by a camaro, your still driving home in a ferrari (aka teh sex). Oh what I would do for an f430...

Lothar
03-27-2007, 04:13 PM

Yeah, actually I have.

A guy who lives 3 homes down from me has both a Ferrrari Spyder and a Z06. He said his Z06 will run circles around his Ferrari all day.

Ferraris and Lambos (mainly Ferraris) are highly notorious for their engines spontaneously catching on fire. They are fun to drive, don't get me wrong. But for that amount of money, **** shouldn't be going wrong as easily as it does. He's had his 2005 Ferrari serviced 6 times since he's had it (mainly electronics). The Z06 has only gone in for rooutine maintenance.

MrGuitar
03-27-2007, 04:15 PM
the new c6 z06 can run with the best of them. Supercar status.

iliketojuggle
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Id rather have a bugatti.

bubba g
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM

yeah, and 95% are outhandeled by a $40,000 used Vette

Striver
03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
yeah, and 95% are outhandeled by a $40,000 used Vette

Here comes the American crew.

Give me the Nurburgring lap times then... ( I already have them).

K thx bye.

I'd have the new Murci over a C6 Z06 ANYday.

Looks much, much better for one.

CLK-GTR
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, actually I have.

A guy who lives 3 homes down from me has both a Ferrrari Spyder and a Z06. He said his Z06 will run circles around his Ferrari all day.

Ferraris and Lambos (mainly Ferraris) are highly notorious for their engines spontaneously catching on fire. They are fun to drive, don't get me wrong. But for that amount of money, **** shouldn't be going wrong as easily as it does. He's had his 2005 Ferrari serviced 6 times since he's had it (mainly electronics). The Z06 has only gone in for rooutine maintenance.

i dont know where you have this idea that ferraris spontaneously combust because its not true at all*

you dont buy them to put miles on like you can a corvette. i guess your friend has a 360, because the electronics on those were notoriously bad. friend of a friend was accosted by armed police when his broke down under the runway tunnel at his local airport :D. 430s are much better though, and there's no way a Z06 can run circles around them. the z06 is a massive step forward for american cars, but its still not quite there - its not even designed to compete directly

*although im not going to help my cause by saying a good friend of the family had an f40 burn out on him. that was the dealers fault though not ferrari's.

Lothar
03-27-2007, 04:47 PM
i dont know where you have this idea that ferraris spontaneously combust because its not true at all*

LOL...okay.

Even Car & Driver had an article about a year and a half ago talking about how these cars engines failed, failed hoses, etc. once reaching high-end speeds.

Plus, I PERSONALLY have heard of other owners who's Italian sports cars have done just that!

THAT'S where I'm getting the idea.

Lothar
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM

That's obviously pure opinion.

I think they look like kids' toys.

If I'm looking for a classy sports car that looks good, I'll go with an Aston Martin.

CLK-GTR
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
you mean the handful of cases where fuel hoses come off and spray fuel on the engine then. lambo's were the big culprit of that one. its hardly common place though. so long as you dont expect your ferrari to take you on your morning commute every day you wont have many troubles. alot of the new models are heading into pretty high mileages these days

Striver
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
If I'm looking for a classy sports car that looks good, I'll go with an Aston Martin.

And suddenly you become a good man.

DB9S. Mmmmmmm.

Yes there have been Lambo & Ferrari engine fires have happened but they are very rare.

bubba g
03-27-2007, 04:57 PM

K thx bye.

the Vette they clocked at 8:40 was a C5 automatic. Nothing even close to the C6 Z06

Another thing to consider is who posted that time?.. some jack ass who said "I wonder what time I can post in my Vette at Nurburgring?"

Get me the same driver to drive anyone of those $$$ exotics, and a C6 Z06 Vette, and you will see a much closer race..

Take a stock vette, and put $30,000 into it, and you'll have a car that is still under $100,000 that will compete with all but the most expensive ulta exotic cars in the world..

Leper Messiah
03-27-2007, 04:59 PM
the Vette they clocked at 8:40 was a C5 automatic. Nothing even close to the C6 Z06

Another thing to consider is who posted that time?.. some jack ass who said "I wonder what time I can post in my Vette at Nurburgring?"

Get me the same driver to drive anyone of those $$$ exotics, and a C6 Z06 Vette, and you will see a much closer race..

Take a stock vette, and put $30,000 into it, and you'll have a car that is still under $100,000 that will compete with all but the most expensive ulta exotic cars in the world..

It still a 'vette. The european badge snobs won't allow you into their cigar rooms.

CLK-GTR
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM

the Z06 has done the ring in 7:43 at the hands of a Corvette works driver. I dont see anyone doubting that the new Z06 is a very fast car. It's not competing directly with Ferrari though because that would be commercial suicide. GM knows it can sell a whole load of them by offering similar performance to the exotics whilst cutting a few corners and charging a third of the price. If they upped the design quality and price to ferrari levels they wouldnt sell any and they know that.

bubba g
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
It still a 'vette. The european badge snobs won't allow you into their cigar rooms.

I don't smoke those nasty ass things anyway...lol

bubba g
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
the Z06 has done the ring in 7:43 at the hands of a Corvette works driver. I dont see anyone doubting that the new Z06 is a very fast car. It's not competing directly with Ferrari though because that would be commercial suicide. GM knows it can sell a whole load of them by offering similar performance to the exotics whilst cutting a few corners and charging a third of the price. If they upped the design quality and price to ferrari levels they wouldnt sell any and they know that.

GM has a high end Vette in the works right now.. 700+ HP twinn Turbo. They will not be cutting any corners on this one, and the price tag will be much higher.

if the Z06 really posted a 7:43 it is in the top 15 times then...

hittman
03-27-2007, 05:23 PM

not many factory vehicles

fixed

Leper Messiah
03-27-2007, 05:37 PM
not many factory vehicles

fixed

Yes, but when i say many cars i refer to the majority of vehicles in existence, which are factory vehicles.

MrGuitar
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, but when i say many cars i refer to the majority of vehicles in existence, which are factory vehicles.

But we are talking about the drag strip. You dont find many ford windstars and toyota camrys at the track. But you will find cars like modded cobras and supras.

daniel77
03-28-2007, 08:17 AM
you clearly didnt race serious shifter karts then, because they really are that quick.

and how is whether i have been to a drag strip or not relevant to whether a kart is quicker than a car? im not talking at top fuel dragsters here

I am not talking about top fuel dragsters either. My friends and I go to the dragstrip with our street legal cars, as in we drive them to the track, and they would demolish a shifter kart off the line and then down the track. Just because somebody has a lambo does not mean they are driving the hardest accelerating car on the road, there are plenty of streetrods that will embaress a lambo of the line.

user34566548717114
03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
The new Z06 owns plain and simple...
but that being said the new F430 is the definition of sexy

CLK-GTR
03-28-2007, 08:29 AM
I am not talking about top fuel dragsters either. My friends and I go to the dragstrip with our street legal cars, as in we drive them to the track, and they would demolish a shifter kart off the line and then down the track. Just because somebody has a lambo does not mean they are driving the hardest accelerating car on the road, there are plenty of streetrods that will embaress a lambo of the line.

well now i know you're lying. the only kind of road legal car that can get to 100mph faster than a top shifter kart is the kind that 99.9% certainly wouldn't be driven to the track, even if it legally could be. most supercars are relatively slow at the quarter mile, there's only a handful that can even make 10 second times.

by the way, are you a fast and the furious fan? ;)

user34566548717114
03-28-2007, 08:35 AM

Sh!t son I put a turbo on my WRX and some NOS and now I can burn ferraris all day!!!!

daniel77
03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
well now i know you're lying. the only kind of road legal car that can get to 100mph faster than a top shifter kart is the kind that 99.9% certainly wouldn't be driven to the track, even if it legally could be. most supercars are relatively slow at the quarter mile, there's only a handful that can even make 10 second times.

by the way, are you a fast and the furious fan? ;)

I am afraid you guys have never heard of someone building a streetrod. As in take a 1970 camaro and add things to it to make it go fast(said in real slow voice). And yes we drive to the track, there are stickers on the windows, insurance in the glove box. I am not talking about an off the showroom car here, I am talking about a built from the ground up hotrod, that is completely street legal.
By the way you are responding I was gonna ask you about the fast and furious connection.

MrGuitar
03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I am afraid you guys have never heard of someone building a streetrod. As in take a 1970 camaro and add things to it to make it go fast(said in real slow voice). And yes we drive to the track, there are stickers on the windows, insurance in the glove box. I am not talking about an off the showroom car here, I am talking about a built from the ground up hotrod, that is completely street legal.
By the way you are responding I was gonna ask you about the fast and furious connection.

what do you drive?

daniel77
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
what do you drive?

I built a cafe racer around a 1970 camaro r/s. Some friends of mine have more of a specific drag type car, although they are still street legal. Some are built around 90's mustangs, nova, chevelle, one guy has a 70's 1/2 ton truck that does wheel stands, kind of ridiculous but still the only point I was trying to make is I agree that shifter karts are real fast, just not as fast as a well built hotrod. I wasn't trying to stir anything up, so I apoligise for my comment above that was childish.

user98511001541
03-28-2007, 11:00 AM

lolololollolllo

AdL33
03-28-2007, 11:02 AM
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o36/AdL33/mariokartaqj5.jpg

latspread
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM

not to mention.. go karts weigh NOTHING compared to an average street legal car... weight makes up a HUGE difference in speed..

daniel77
03-28-2007, 11:37 AM
not to mention.. go karts weigh NOTHING compared to an average street legal car... weight makes up a HUGE difference in speed..

I understand the weight issue, one of the things we are always trying to do is find ways to take weight off and not hurt the performance of the car, you need a certain amount of weight on all four corners.(that differs from car to car) But at a certain point the power issue takes over.

bubba g
03-28-2007, 12:22 PM

K thx bye.

Here are the times.. the ones in blue are pretty much race cars, bold is the Z06 Vette. I don't think one car ahead of it costs less than 9 times as much.

6:55* -- 178.699 km/h -- Radical SR8, 360 PS/650 kg, Michael Vergers, sep,28 05 (* street-legal only in the UK)
7:12* -- 173.600 km/h -- Radical SR3 Turbo, 320 PS/500 kg (test drive 07/03) (*mfr.)
7:12.25 173.500 km/h -- Schnitzer BMW M3 GTR, Dirk Mueller, 24hrs race practice (02)
7:14.89 172.181 km/h Donkervoort D8 270 RS, , 350 PS/600 kg, Michael Düchting, nov,6 05,
7:15.63 169.311 km/h -- Edo Porsche 996 GT2 RS, 542 PS/1284 kg, Patrick Simons (sport auto 09/05)
7:18.01 170.236 km/h -- Donkervoort D8 RS, 370 PS/670 kg, Michael Duechting, sport auto 12/2004, >>>
7:19* -- 168.929 km/h -- Radical SR3 1500 Turbo, Phil Bennet (jun,15 03)
7:21 --- 168.163 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 650 PS (Autocar magazine 97)
7:28 --- 166.652 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, Walther Roehrl,(Autobild 07/04)
7:32* -- 164.071 km/h – Pagani Zonda F, 650 PS/ 1230 kg
7:32.44 163.911 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, definitive time Horst von Saurma (sport auto 01/04)7:32.52 163.882 km/h -- Gemballa Porsche GTR 600 EVO, Wolfgang Kaufmann (sport auto 01)
7:34 --- 163.586 km/h Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1180 kg, Horst von Saurma (sport auto), oct,17-18 05
7:36 --- 162.631 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, factory test driver Walther Roehrl (02)
7:39 --- 161.575 km/h -- Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1180 kg
7:40 --- 161.217 km/h – Bugatti 16/4 Veyron, 1001 PS/1980 kg (Wheels magazine Australia, 12/05)
7:40* -- 161.217 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1495 kg, *cold and partially wet track (sport auto 12/03)
7:40 --- 161.217 km/h -- Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, Klaus Ludwig (AutoBild 07/04)
7:41 --- 160.868 km/h -- Manthey Porsche GT3 M410, 413hp (AutoBild 07/04)
7:42* -- 160.519 km/h – Ford GT, 550 PS/ 1521 kg (*as indicated by Octane magazine, 11/05)
7:42 --- 160.519 km/h -- Mosler MT900S Photon, Joao Barbosa, (04) (according to dailysportscar.net)
7:42 --- 160.519 km/h -- Radical 1500 SR3, 230 PS/510 kg (02)
7:42.9 - 160.207 km/h -- Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg, Jan Magnusen, (Sporbilen, jun,26 05), www.supercars.net/Pics?vpf2=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073&mID=1384471&l=d
7:43 --- 160.173 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT3 RS, factory test driver Walter Roehrl (MOTOR magazine)
7:43 --- 160.173 km/h -- TechArt Porsche GT Street, 620 PS/1453 kg, (sport auto 08/02)
7:43.5 - 160,000 km/h -- Lamborghini Murcielago (Autocar magazine 02)
7:44 --- 159.828 km/h -- Pagani Zonda C12 S, 555 PS/1388 kg (sport auto 07/02)
7:45 --- 159.484 km/h -- Gemballa Porsche GTR 600, 600hp (00)
7:45* -- 159.484 km/h -- McLaren F1, *estimated lap time from a video available at
7:46 --- 159.142 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT2, 462 PS/1450 kg (sport auto 06/01)
7:46 --- 159.142 km/h -- Jaguar XJ220, John Walton (EVO magzine 07/00)
7:46 --- 159.142 km/h -- SHK Porsche 993 GT2, 652hp (sport auto 99)
7:47 --- 158.801 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT3 RS, 381hp (sport auto 03/04)
7.49 --- 158.124 km/h -- Porsche GT3, 392hp (AutoBild 2004)
7:49 --- 158.124 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT3 Cup, 360 PS/1207 kg (sport auto 02/99)
7:49.72 157.885 km/h -- Honda RC30, Helmut Daehne (93) (moto bike)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- BMW E46 M3 CSL (sport auto 08/03)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 750hp, Herbert Schuerg (97)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Lamborghini Murcielago, 462 PS/1450 kg (sport auto 06/02)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Westfield Super 7 with Hayabusa engine, >>>

K thx bye.

Lothar
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Here are the times.. the ones in blue are pretty much race cars, bold is the Z06 Vette. I don't think one car ahead of it costs less than 9 times as much.

6:55* -- 178.699 km/h -- Radical SR8, 360 PS/650 kg, Michael Vergers, sep,28 05 (* street-legal only in the UK)
7:12* -- 173.600 km/h -- Radical SR3 Turbo, 320 PS/500 kg (test drive 07/03) (*mfr.)
7:12.25 173.500 km/h -- Schnitzer BMW M3 GTR, Dirk Mueller, 24hrs race practice (02)
7:14.89 172.181 km/h Donkervoort D8 270 RS, , 350 PS/600 kg, Michael Düchting, nov,6 05,
7:15.63 169.311 km/h -- Edo Porsche 996 GT2 RS, 542 PS/1284 kg, Patrick Simons (sport auto 09/05)
7:18.01 170.236 km/h -- Donkervoort D8 RS, 370 PS/670 kg, Michael Duechting, sport auto 12/2004, >>>
7:19* -- 168.929 km/h -- Radical SR3 1500 Turbo, Phil Bennet (jun,15 03)
7:21 --- 168.163 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 650 PS (Autocar magazine 97)
7:28 --- 166.652 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, Walther Roehrl,(Autobild 07/04)
7:32* -- 164.071 km/h – Pagani Zonda F, 650 PS/ 1230 kg
7:32.44 163.911 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, definitive time Horst von Saurma (sport auto 01/04)7:32.52 163.882 km/h -- Gemballa Porsche GTR 600 EVO, Wolfgang Kaufmann (sport auto 01)
7:34 --- 163.586 km/h Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1180 kg, Horst von Saurma (sport auto), oct,17-18 05
7:36 --- 162.631 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, factory test driver Walther Roehrl (02)
7:39 --- 161.575 km/h -- Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1180 kg
7:40 --- 161.217 km/h – Bugatti 16/4 Veyron, 1001 PS/1980 kg (Wheels magazine Australia, 12/05)
7:40* -- 161.217 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1495 kg, *cold and partially wet track (sport auto 12/03)
7:40 --- 161.217 km/h -- Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, Klaus Ludwig (AutoBild 07/04)
7:41 --- 160.868 km/h -- Manthey Porsche GT3 M410, 413hp (AutoBild 07/04)
7:42* -- 160.519 km/h – Ford GT, 550 PS/ 1521 kg (*as indicated by Octane magazine, 11/05)
7:42 --- 160.519 km/h -- Mosler MT900S Photon, Joao Barbosa, (04) (according to dailysportscar.net)
7:42 --- 160.519 km/h -- Radical 1500 SR3, 230 PS/510 kg (02)
7:42.9 - 160.207 km/h -- Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg, Jan Magnusen, (Sporbilen, jun,26 05), www.supercars.net/Pics?vpf2=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073&mID=1384471&l=d
7:43 --- 160.173 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT3 RS, factory test driver Walter Roehrl (MOTOR magazine)
7:43 --- 160.173 km/h -- TechArt Porsche GT Street, 620 PS/1453 kg, (sport auto 08/02)
7:43.5 - 160,000 km/h -- Lamborghini Murcielago (Autocar magazine 02)
7:44 --- 159.828 km/h -- Pagani Zonda C12 S, 555 PS/1388 kg (sport auto 07/02)
7:45 --- 159.484 km/h -- Gemballa Porsche GTR 600, 600hp (00)
7:45* -- 159.484 km/h -- McLaren F1, *estimated lap time from a video available at
7:46 --- 159.142 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT2, 462 PS/1450 kg (sport auto 06/01)
7:46 --- 159.142 km/h -- Jaguar XJ220, John Walton (EVO magzine 07/00)
7:46 --- 159.142 km/h -- SHK Porsche 993 GT2, 652hp (sport auto 99)
7:47 --- 158.801 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT3 RS, 381hp (sport auto 03/04)
7.49 --- 158.124 km/h -- Porsche GT3, 392hp (AutoBild 2004)
7:49 --- 158.124 km/h -- Porsche 996 GT3 Cup, 360 PS/1207 kg (sport auto 02/99)
7:49.72 157.885 km/h -- Honda RC30, Helmut Daehne (93) (moto bike)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- BMW E46 M3 CSL (sport auto 08/03)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 750hp, Herbert Schuerg (97)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Lamborghini Murcielago, 462 PS/1450 kg (sport auto 06/02)
7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Westfield Super 7 with Hayabusa engine, >>>

K thx bye.

Yeah, but Italian sports' cars are so sexy. :rolleyes:

Great post! Reps!

CLK-GTR
03-28-2007, 12:54 PM

well you should have made it clearer i thought you were going to turn out to be some annoying kid who goes to the drag strip with his lowered civic :D

you're hardly on about a typical streetcar are you though, there are VERY few sub 10 second cars that can actually be driven on the street practically. that was what i was getting at. the only non-modified ones i can think of are the le mans homologation specials from a few years ago that had insane gear ratios and brilliant powerbands.

my connection to cars isnt drag racing or FnF. i grew up with circuit racing around Europe, doing various sportscar and GT championships, the Nurburgring 24h and that sort of thing. Even ran in a Group C/prototype series one year. Now THEY were fast

bubba g
03-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, but Italian sports' cars are so sexy. :rolleyes:

Great post! Reps!

Is it the car, or the fact that the owner would have to make a few million a year to purchase one of them???

All kidding aside. I love the European cars. But the best bang for your buck. The Vette is a clear clear winner..

Another thing I will say about the Corvette. I know several people who own them, and they are extreemly reliable.

lacey23
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
well you should have made it clearer i thought you were going to turn out to be some annoying kid who goes to the drag strip with his lowered civic :D

you're hardly on about a typical streetcar are you though, there are VERY few sub 10 second cars that can actually be driven on the street practically. that was what i was getting at. the only non-modified ones i can think of are the le mans homologation specials from a few years ago that had insane gear ratios and brilliant powerbands.

my connection to cars isnt drag racing or FnF. i grew up with circuit racing around Europe, doing various sportscar and GT championships, the Nurburgring 24h and that sort of thing. Even ran in a Group C/prototype series one year. Now THEY were fast

You know any of the drivers in A1, or formula BMW? My brothers freinds are racing them over in europe, and doing pretty good. I think they were talking about racing formula 3 but, don't know if they are yet.

CLK-GTR
03-28-2007, 02:03 PM
You know any of the drivers in A1, or formula BMW? My brothers freinds are racing them over in europe, and doing pretty good. I think they were talking about racing formula 3 but, don't know if they are yet.

no i dont. i stuck with sportscars, partly because all the drivers were older guys. formula racing always seems more aimed at young people aspiring to formula 1 one day, whereas sportscar racing is alot more relaxed and casual. i think its more fun unless you really are good enough to reach the top.

lacey23
03-28-2007, 02:06 PM
no i dont. i stuck with sportscars, partly because all the drivers were older guys. formula racing always seems more aimed at young people aspiring to formula 1 one day, whereas sportscar racing is alot more relaxed and casual. i think its more fun unless you really are good enough to reach the top.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to make it to forumla 1. I'm pretty sure one of them will make it though. the one guy won the BMW championship in his rookie year, and the other guy has won a couple A1 races so far. Hinchcliffe is racing on paul tracy's team for formula atlantics I think.

BIEN_DIESEL
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM

WRONG, I SEEN MANY TIMES A SNOWMOBILE AT THE TRACK IN FLORIDA CALLED MOROSO, IT RAN 9SEC.

A PUCKIGN SNOWMOBILE

daniel77
03-28-2007, 03:14 PM

Sorry about the misunderstanding. You are right about the practical part, one of us usually has to rig something before the night is over to get home, but that is part of it when you are asking it to do that much over and over.
I agree about non modified cars, there are'nt but a few that can out run a little kart.
My dad raced sports cars in the states when I was a kid, so I kind of have an understanding about the circuit racing you are talking about, I went on to race some asphalt latemodels, but always wanted to road race. That was the design behind my cafe racer, except when I go to the road course I can only race the clock. That is cool about your connection to racing you sound like you have had some fun behind the wheel, goodluck with future endeavours.