PDA

View Full Version : Hows my split?

gorilla
11-14-2001, 07:29 PM
this is currently what i am using starting with last sat.
sat-chest
sun-bis
mon-tri's and shoulders
tues-off
wed-back
thurs- going to do chest
fri- off
sat-bi's

my workout schedule is mostly based on my work schedule and i dont pick that so, usually i try to get 6 days rest before training that body part but sometimes it has too be 5 because of my work schedule. any ideas

Muscles
11-14-2001, 09:38 PM
Its really not that necessary to do a bodypart more than once a week. And where are forearms and legs you left that out.

Try something like this
day 1 - Chest, Calves
day 2- Rest
day 3 - Quads, Hams (upper part of your leg)
day 4 - Triceps, Shoulders
day 5 - rest
day 6 - biceps, forearms
day 7 - back

gorilla
11-15-2001, 10:24 AM
like i said my schedule is based on my work, between work and school i only work out my legs once a week and a half or so. whenever i dont have to do anything the next day basically. i just want to know if 5 days compared every 7 days is going to hurt my gains, i am taking 5 grams glut before and about 7gram after as well as 5 in the morning and 5 before bed

GeNeTicFreAk
11-15-2001, 11:08 AM
muscles doing biceps right after back day??? they will be like destroyed...how about this is you wanna work chest twice and arms on one day

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Arms
Day 4: REST
Day 5: Shoulders, traps, chest
Day 6: Back
Day 7: REST

gorilla
11-15-2001, 01:19 PM
thanks for the help, until my work schedule changes i will try something alont those lines, by the way i never said i do my back before biceps i wouldnt do that, i try to wait around 6-7 days to train a muscle again but sometimes it has to be 5 and sometimes it becomes 8.

Muscles
11-15-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by GeNeTicFreAk
muscles doing biceps right after back day??? they will be like destroyed...how about this is you wanna work chest twice and arms on one day

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Arms
Day 4: REST
Day 5: Shoulders, traps, chest
Day 6: Back
Day 7: REST

Its not necessary to do a bodypart twice a week once is enough

Big H
11-17-2001, 10:39 AM
i might have to disagree here.. granted once a week is optimal for growth, but many a powerlifter is sucessful at twice a week.

user87745477315471972481
11-17-2001, 06:26 PM
umm dude that wouldnt be a good idea to do biceps on the day before back lol you wont be able to do any back exercises! I suggest you do BACK FIRST then do Biceps /forearms the next day , this is for the suggestion that guy gave.

That would not make sense to work your biceps before back because the lsat thing you need is blood to be rushing to your biceps, but wrking biceps the day after back is a good idea since you dont really work your biceps on back day.

fido
11-17-2001, 07:04 PM
i generally do each muscle group 3 times a week
this may seem like a lot, but keep in mind that growth requires more rest than strength,
and i work for strength mainly
many olympic weightlifters actually have 2 intense full-body sessions a day, 5-6 days a week!
for the average person, that's a lot, but don't slow yourself down by doing too little

Muscles
11-17-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Big H
i might have to disagree here.. granted once a week is optimal for growth, but many a powerlifter is sucessful at twice a week.

Thats true. But I wasnt talking anything about powerlifters.

Muscles
11-17-2001, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Gmav
umm dude that wouldnt be a good idea to do biceps on the day before back lol you wont be able to do any back exercises! I suggest you do BACK FIRST then do Biceps /forearms the next day , this is for the suggestion that guy gave.

That would not make sense to work your biceps before back because the lsat thing you need is blood to be rushing to your biceps, but wrking biceps the day after back is a good idea since you dont really work your biceps on back day.

Everyone is different I guess. Thats how I do it biceps then back works fine for me get results without any problems so i don't know.

Muscles
11-17-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by fido
i generally do each muscle group 3 times a week
this may seem like a lot, but keep in mind that growth requires more rest than strength,
and i work for strength mainly
many olympic weightlifters actually have 2 intense full-body sessions a day, 5-6 days a week!
for the average person, that's a lot, but don't slow yourself down by doing too little

3 times a week is definitely a lot

Big H
11-18-2001, 01:45 PM
Holy penishead batman!!! you think muscles? haha