PDA

View Full Version : What you do to scare the boys from you daughter!

triverson
03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
So I heard some funny things about ideas fathers have to scare the hormonal boys form their daughters. My daughter is 6 months old so I am starting early as I want to start by scaring them off with my size! Hopefully they'll tell their friends about how big that girls dad is!LOL!!!

1. Take the boy aside and tell him that what ever he does to your daughter you're going to do to him.

What are some of the ones you dads out their are going to use or do use?

MetalHead6466
03-20-2007, 01:56 PM
My daughter is 6, until she is old enough to have a good paying job and self sufficiant I act as her body guard. Plus acting like your a member of leatherface's family helps,

Sean Casey
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm not quite there yet, but getting close. My daughter is 10 years old and doesnt like boys yet. Shes strong willed, opinionated, a red belt in TDK, and can go either way when it comes to playing with boys and girls her own age. Shes also in cheerleading and can be a girly girl, but she doesnt hesitate to play football with her brother and the local boys in the neighbor hood, she can hold her own.

I guess the real problems begin when girls start liking boys and developing crushes. My son and I will have to watch her like a hawk and follow her on dates I suppose. What other choice do I have?

A few things I would like to do, but probably cant get away with:
1) Put bars on the windows
2) Run an electrical fence around my house with barbed wire.
3) Sit on the front porch with a shot gun full of rock salt.

Thats just for starts, but I'll bet my home owners association will frown on it.

Edit: The main thing that keeps my kids out of trouble is keeping them active in sports and playing an active role in their lives. My daughter makes straight A's, does competition cheerleading, and is going to the Tae Kwon Do junior olympics in July, so this leaves little room for boys. :) I hope my plan works!

NuclearArms
03-20-2007, 02:14 PM
250 pound wearing a wife-beater usually does the trick.

triverson
03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
OMG!!! I'm tearing up! That is so freakn' funny!!!!! I love the leatherface comment and also giving your house the barb wire treatment really gives it that "Compound" look! Maybe even add a turret and lookout with a spotlight! I bet even the homeowners assoc. rep would stay away!LOL!!!

Too dang funny!

phikappa
03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Clean a few of my pistols when he comes over.

IdahoViking
03-20-2007, 02:20 PM
I've been known to practice my quick-draw on sticks floating down the creek while they've been at my house. that usually does the trick.

holster to holster w/ double tap, zero misses in 1.8 seconds. :D

bodyrokk
03-20-2007, 02:35 PM
all my kids friends tell my kids ,im scarey i always look like im gonna kill somebody..my kids say u shoulld see when he is mad..

triverson
03-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah that's even better if you live some where like I do that you can be firing your gun when they show up, thanks Idahoviking!
Hey check out this link to the rules of dating my daughter. I was falling over laughing at these. I will have to commit this to memory!

http://members.aol.com/Love4JULI/dad-rules.html

triverson
03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah that goes along the lines of becoming known at their school. If your real scary you may even become folklore! "The meanest craziest dad I ever met!" That'd be cool!

Here's an application I found for dating my daughter. Pretty dang funny.
http://wilk4.com/humor/humorp3.htm

back2it
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
A friend of mine's daughter was dating a guy when she was about 17 . My buddy is just under 6ft but he weighs about 230 and works out a bit .He took the boyfriend aside and explained to him that there is nothing in his life more important than his family and that he would gladly go to jail protecting any one of them.I don't know many people that is as intense as my friend so I am sure the message got through.

emmie
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Hah! Those "rules" are very funny - especially #3!:D

QUALITYGUY1
03-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, when my now Son-In-Law came over for a first date with my daughter, he brought over his recently finished Hot Rod (he's a certified GM Tech & consummate motor head)
A 64? Chevy that looked incredible, from paint & interior to the chrome laden Holley topped 350. I asked if we could go out and check it out, you know, just the guyz' ;)
So I said to him; "MAN this is a beautiful car!" He said; "Ya', I have a lot of time and money into it".
So I said, "betcha' wouldn't let anyone drive this baby!", he said, "nope",if someone damaged it I'd kill em"! So I said, "well Joe, I'm trusting you with something worth a LOT more than this car today, something I have a lot of love and money invested in beyond what you could imagine. So, just remember how you feel about this piece of metal, just being a car and all, now why would I trust YOU to take out my daughter"? He said something like, "SIR, I know EXACTLY what you mean, and I respect you for asking me, and I can just give you my word as a gentleman that I will take care of her and respect her because I respect you and I care a lot for her".
Well, to make a long story short, I have one of the very best Son-In-Laws, 3 beautiful grandchildren, & a VERY happy Daughter. I guess the moral here is, be honest and talk to the guy like a real Father and not like one of his buddies; There will be plenty of time for that if things work out. That's it.

That's a true story.
QG1

rmomjian
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry folks. Not sure if I can offer any real advise considering that I only have boys, two of them! Basically, as I see it, it is my boys you will have to protect your daughters from :-)

The other problem you all have is that I am reading all this and plan to update my boys on all these tactics!!!

Okay... all joking aside, I hope I will be able to teach my kids to respect everyone, including of course women, and not to do anything they will regret. But my concern is, I remember how things were when I was in my teens and the way the excessive, and I mean excessive, amounts of hormones messes with your head. So all this advice may not work so well for a simple reason, it's logical. Not sure if this problem can be dealt with on a logical level.

I'm sure when you put your arm around the boy and have your "chat" with him or when he comes by and sees your shotgun leaning by your front door it will scare the bleep out of him, but when they are alone and the hormones come to play, all logic and fear will take a back seat.

Have you all considered home-schooling by any chance???

thephoenix
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Answer the door in only a ratty old pair of tighty whiteys with a gun in the waistband....works every time

zootalors
03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Charles Barkley said that when the boys start coming around to see his daughter, he'll just kill the first one and hope the word gets out.

bodyhard
03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't have to say anything my reputation got around fast enough :) My daughter is now 22 so no worries here, got over that hurtle. Although her new boyfriend always tells her "Your Father looks liek a nut" And she always tells him " just stay on his good side OK"

Ohh forgot to mention having four sons (although she is the second oldest they always protect her) doesn't help the boyfriends to much either :)

Madfun
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
When the boyfriends came around I made sure to crush their hands like potato chips on the first handshake.

The ones who had the "landing gear" to hold eye contact, were keepers I explained to my daughter. lols

She's 22 now and I might add a pretty good judge of character. She's with a guy now for the last few years, that's even a bit nuttier than me.

Who knew they even existed? :)

QUALITYGUY1
03-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't have to say anything my reputation got around fast enough :) My daughter is now 22 so no worries here, got over that hurtle. Although her new boyfriend always tells her "Your Father looks liek a nut" And she always tells him " just stay on his good side OK"

Ohh forgot to mention having four sons (although she is the second oldest they always protect her) doesn't help the boyfriends to much either :)

Just a caveat here: Nothing personal BH, and others, but, being afraid and having respect are 2 completely different things. If the guy thinks you are a "NUT", what does that tell you? ;)
Fear is instilled, respect is earned. IMO

bodyhard
03-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Just a caveat here: Nothing personal BH, and others, but, being afraid and having respect are 2 completely different things. If the guy thinks you are a "NUT", what does that tell you? ;)
Fear is instilled, respect is earned. IMO

True,

There was a line in the movie A Bronxtale something to that affect when the kid asked Sunny "Is it better to be feared or loved" and he picked feared.

ChocoChick
03-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Ok, I need to hear from some mom's on this issue because dad doesn't work out and I have a soon-to-be 15yo and you all are scaring me!!!

stevew2023
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I just tell them that any body part of thiers that touches her gets ripped off :)

rmomjian
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok, I need to hear from some mom's on this issue because dad doesn't work out and I have a soon-to-be 15yo and you all are scaring me!!!

like i said... home schooling.... works all the time

pastorgbc
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I bring a several doses of intimidation to the table in that I do workout, have studied martial arts for over 20 years, and I am also a pastor. I am partial to be sure, but I have three rather beautiful teen-age daughters, and meeting the father has been a thing of legend in our area.

The way we deal with it is this: my daughters cannot go out with any boy who will not come to the house and speak to me. When he does that, I explain to him the rules and then they are allowed to "see" each other first under controlled situations. I will go and introduce myself to his parents and let them know what my rules are. I let them know that until the kids prove otherwise, their dating should be limited to going over to each other's homes under parental supervision. If the parents do not go along with that, the boy may only see my daughter in my home.

This will usually scare away those who are not worthy to date my daughters. If a boy is willing to endure this, then we will permit them to date. Our rules are very strict. If the rules are broken; e.g., they say they are going somewhere and go somewhere else, they must call it quits for a month. If they violate the rules twice, then it is over permanently.

Each of my girls have had some excellent relationships with young men under these circumstances and they are each very thankful for the attention we have given this.

Ray

ChocoChick
03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
like i said... home schooling.... works all the time

lol. Do you homeschool?

resurrected
03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
So I heard some funny things about ideas fathers have to scare the hormonal boys form their daughters. My daughter is 6 months old so I am starting early as I want to start by scaring them off with my size! Hopefully they'll tell their friends about how big that girls dad is!LOL!!!

1. Take the boy aside and tell him that what ever he does to your daughter you're going to do to him.

lets see I will put some numbers out there i like to use.....
12 guage.
works for me
I also taught her to be honest to me and we share everything. She actually told a kid who wanted her to get naked with him at 8 years old, That she would tell dad ( who will shoot him) and she will kick his ass if he did not leave.
My daughter knows daddy and she knows he does not lie to her. She was taught about guys at an early age. She has crushes on guys but when they attempt to do the sex thing she tells them like it is and tells daddy as well. I only hope she keeps this attitude for ever. I think she will though, she loves me and is my baby. This girl is the love of my life and you will feel that way as she grows. Beleive me, girls are the sweetest thing in the world. I would die for my baby

GREENFEATHER
03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I've had a few fathers try the "cleaning guns" thing on me. The conversation usually stopped when I went out to the car and got one of my guns. Being a Ranger seemed to scare most of them, all but M's grandad. He was one of the coolest men I'd ever met.

I went over to her grandma's farm one day to scope out the place and fix a leaky faucet. Her grandad was there. He grabbed me by the arm and said "I do hope your intentions with my grand daughter are honorable". I was taken aback by it and we talked for a few hours over a few beers. I took care of his squirrel problem and I got to date M. M got to eat squirrel and dumplings, the ONLY way to eat tree rats. :D I just wish I could have gotten to know him better. I was on my way home from a deployment when M sent message that he had passed away, we had only been dating a few months. I gathered up 6 men for poll bearers and a rifle squad for his funeral. Her grandfather was a SEEBEE during WWII.

resurrected
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I've had a few fathers try the "cleaning guns" thing on me. The conversation usually stopped when I went out to the car and got one of my guns. Being a Ranger seemed to scare most of them, all but M's grandad. He was one of the coolest men I'd ever met.

I went over to her grandma's farm one day to scope out the place and fix a leaky faucet. Her grandad was there. He grabbed me by the arm and said "I do hope your intentions with my grand daughter are honorable". I was taken aback by it and we talked for a few hours over a few beers. I took care of his squirrel problem and I got to date M. M got to eat squirrel and dumplings, the ONLY way to eat tree rats. :D I just wish I could have gotten to know him better. I was on my way home from a deployment when M sent message that he had passed away, we had only been dating a few months. I gathered up 6 men for poll bearers and a rifle squad for his funeral. Her grandfather was a SEEBEE during WWII.

Uh I don't clean them around the boys........ I make sure they realize i will use it.

Heaney
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM

ummm...if i were your daughters boyfriend i think seeing a 248lb man standing at the window staring me down would be more than safice to drive me away

BraSo
03-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Woooah! though i can think of many many ways to keep boys outta my daughters face...

i guess when those boys find out i got into jail by protecting a woman...

i think thats intimidating, at the same time, gaining respect??

hmmmm.

my daughter is 8 and i really dont know who to go about it when courting time comes :D

triverson
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Man, I hope size is enough. I would like to just lay out ground rules and then scare him with my size and uncomfortable silence while he nervously yammers away so I can catch him. Infact my gym is in the barn I can be working out when he arrives! That'd be sweet. Geeze, I'm gonna have this all planned out 15 years ahead of time! That's proactive!

-T

batteryrequired
03-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Apparently I don't have to do a whole heck of a lot. My daughter says the guys at her school are scared ****less of me :D (I love it) They know I am a pretty nice guy, but I guess i have to much of a serious look on my face most of the time. (he looks mad all the time) Plus i keep all the weight loaded on the bar in the garage (seen a few kinda go over and try to lift up just the one end). Plus I rarely wear a shirt around my house in the summer with the pool and all. Anything to keep an edge in my favor :D Plus rumor got around after a couple of kids got a good verbal reprimanding from me at the Sports and Rec Center for misusing our equipment (they were told kindly not to return for 1 week :D ) Treadmills were not put in place for teenage kids to see how far things will fly off the belt at high speed.

scienceteacher
03-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Around here we kill a crow and hang him in a pecan tree to keep the other crows away.

I do the same with the first boy.:D

QUALITYGUY1
03-21-2007, 06:05 AM
LOL...the more I read, the less this sounds like the "OVER 35" section. ;)
This is fodder for misc. at this point.

Firminator4
03-21-2007, 06:25 AM
My wife and I raised 3 girls, now 28, 25 & 24 thank god!

I tried all of the intimidating tricks, meeting them at the door in a wife beater, asking them if they were 18 so I could kick their butts, etc... All this did was scare the decent guys away. Since girls are going to bring guys home no matter what you do - now the only guys that would come around were the major punks that didn't respect anybody or anything. Once I figured out what was going on - I threw up my hands and told my wife she needed to deal with it because it was driving me nuts. She did a much better job at it than I did.

Firm

IdahoViking
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Actually it was easy for me. My oldest son (a rather over-protective big brother) was the Minnesota State Tae Kwan Do champion before we moved out here. His trophies were proudly displayed in the living room, in fact they were the first thing that you saw you when walked into the front door.

He also was a fairly accomplished pistollero in his own right. Faster than me, but not quite as accurate.

larkinforce
03-21-2007, 06:59 AM
For me it was pretty easy with my step-daughter. I was a Security Policeman in the Air Force. She had a habit of trying to date guys in the Air Force. Of course she had a differnt last name, well when they came to pick her up at the house and saw me most of them had heard about me as a hard *** and that I had won a couple of martial arts compitions around the area. Most of the time if they realized who I was right away they acted like they got a phone call and got called back into work right then. If they did not know who I was at the time they found out later by asking around and just quite calling her. So that worked very well.

Bob45
03-21-2007, 07:01 AM
My daughter has 3 older brothers. They do the job for me. One boy was after my daughter online. My son emailed him and told him if he touches his sister he would regret it.

mrtwister007
03-21-2007, 07:46 AM

LOL. That's what my dad and I used to do when guys would come over to date my sister.

bigsteve0506
03-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I've had a few fathers try the "cleaning guns" thing on me.

The sound of a 12 ga pump action shotgun being racked is enough to scare the living daylights out of them. Or Simply show them you favorite knives. ;)

dbx
03-21-2007, 08:57 AM
My daughter has 3 older brothers. They do the job for me. One boy was after my daughter online. My son emailed him and told him if he touches his sister he would regret it.

Very similar ^. My 14yr old daughter has two older brothers. My oldest son monitors her MySpace (which she is now banned from :)), checks the PC for where else she may go, and pays close attention to her group of friends including, the character of their older siblings which he goes to school with. He has also listened in on some of her phone calls with boy callers. While I've warned him that this is very intrusive, crosses the line, is unacceptable, and not his business.....I sleep better at night :cool:

domineaux
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
This is a little bit in the future for the original poster.

Whenever a boy comes to pick up your daughter always speak directly too him. Most important if you want your daughter home at 11PM tell HIM. Above all never tell your daughter to tell him anything, especially something important to you.

You know guys rarely listen to women. Speak man to man with the boy everytime, and don't warble in your thoughts... be direct and specific.

You don't have to be mean, or have a rough tone in your voice. Just direct will get it done.

If speaking direct to the boy don't get it, move the boy on. Outsmart the situation is the best way to do that. You'll have to play this one by ear.

Hey-Iwas51
03-21-2007, 10:53 AM
My daughter has 3 older brothers. They do the job for me...

So does my seventeen year old... one brother weighs about 240, another about 275, and the third is a bit smaller but the black belt in the family. That has helped a couple times.

I like Pastor BC's plan also... has worked so far with my daughter!

Dan

exhibita
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
My youngest son is pretty big. They say at 3 years old, if you double thier height in inches, you get how tall they will be at 18..

Using that logic, my boy will be 6'8" and if he's built like me.. well.. he'll be a door with a head.

I'll just send him along on my two daughter's dates and make him sit between the 'couple'.

Yep..that should work well.

PumpingBuck
03-21-2007, 12:32 PM
My oldest is very shy and my youngest....She has had a few, but they are all scared of me!! Don't know why...but they are!!!

oldcool
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
When my daughters boyfriends would come over I would always be sure to have my sweats-wife beater-bandana on and all my guns on the table. My son would let them in and just as they entered the house I would yell to my wife to bring my hollow points down from the closet. As the young man comes into the room I looked surprised to see him and always asked if he was uncomfortable with me cleaning my guns. Before they left the house I always pulled the guy to the side and reminded him that she might be a bad mama jama to him but to me she is still that little six year old getting on the school bus for the first times, saying I LOVE YOU DADDY. Most times they are almost in tears and stuttering all over the place. I must say not one time has she ever been late coming home.

rmomjian
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
lol. Do you homeschool?

Nope... like I said, I have two boys, so I have less to worry about.

Of course I am totally joking about this. I think it all comes down to how you raise your kids.

But then again, we have to come to terms with the "hormone effect." Maybe I'm overdoing it, but maybe I had a harder time with it than most... don't know. But hormones are like drugs. They mess with your head to the point that you tend to loose your perception of logic and reason.

So I guess the best approach is to be honest with your daughters and teach them well and make sure you have an open enough relationship so they will want to come to you with questions and "stories". Then, you will at least know what is going on and deal with the situation.

enigma60
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank God I only have boys - If had a daughter she wouldn't be allowed out of the house till she was 30 :)

bbbom
03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
So I guess the best approach is to be honest with your daughters and teach them well and make sure you have an open enough relationship so they will want to come to you with questions and "stories". Then, you will at least know what is going on and deal with the situation.

That is the best approach in my book. My daughter is 12 and looks like she's 16 and she doesn't wear makeup. Fortunately, my kids go to the same small school that I went to (and my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) so I know most everybody there. We also do a lot of things together and I have raised both her, and her bro (14 yo) that they can tell me anything but it better be the truth and I'll back them up 100%.

Of course it also eases my mind that my daughter is very athletic, strong and quite independant. She also rips on a dirtbike since she started riding & racing at age 5 which seems to intimidate the boys more than the fact that mom (me) rides better than most of them and a bigger bike than all of them.

resurrected
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Difference with me is, I carry a gun all the time either concealed or not. Most every one knows this and thinks I am a crazy sum biatch. I still have my license and badge for bail enforcement and sometimes wear it as well.
Besides 280 pounds is intimidating which ever way you look at it.
If that does not work , my son said he will bring home an assualt rifle and look for them on leave from the army....;) My girl is lucky she has a 23 year old and 20 year old brother, she is 8 right now. They watch out for her.

SR800
03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I always found the straight forward approach best.

Hibiscus09
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm not a dad :) but, if you just love your daughter and treat her with respect (and her mom! -- she'll learn from how you treat women), she'll respect herself enough to make sure she's treated in the appropriate manner. My daughter is a beautiful young woman now (22) and she grew up in a secure environment and knew her self worth. She never put(s) up with any crap. :)

As a daughter myself, there's nothing much more important to a young girl/woman than to know her father loves her with all his heart.

triverson
03-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I love this one! The mental picture alone mad eme fall off the couch! I told my wife and she said "nice"....I love it.

wide lats
03-22-2007, 03:05 AM
nothing, shes only 10yr old. I doubt even in future either as i caught her curling my weights loads of times i reckon its what shes goingto do i dunno a good thing or bad thing there - i wont stop her if she does but i wont encourage her either. If i see her again that is.

batteryrequired
03-22-2007, 03:36 AM
I have to remember to that my daughter is taller than me now and built strong enough that she can hold her ground under a basketball hoop...she could put a hurtin on someone on her own I think :D I keep telling everyone that she is MY bodyguard.....lol

jtroster
03-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Why not start a rumour that your daughter is lesbian. That should keep the boys away;)

exhibita
03-22-2007, 05:49 AM
True,

There was a line in the movie A Bronxtale something to that affect when the kid asked Sunny "Is it better to be feared or loved" and he picked feared.

Nico Machivelli said the same thing in The Prince :)

Given the choice, it is better to be feared then loved.

ChocoChick
03-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Given the choice, it is better to be feared then loved.

No way!

Caligrl35
03-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not a dad :) but, if you just love your daughter and treat her with respect (and her mom! -- she'll learn from how you treat women), she'll respect herself enough to make sure she's treated in the appropriate manner. My daughter is a beautiful young woman now (22) and she grew up in a secure environment and knew her self worth. She never put(s) up with any crap. :)

As a daughter myself, there's nothing much more important to a young girl/woman than to know her father loves her with all his heart.
I have to say I agree with you 100% I left an abusive husband when my daughter was 9. I didn't want her to grow up thinking it was normal to be mistreated and abused. I thank God every day that I found my new husband, he is kind, gentle, treats us with the utmost respect and loves us both with all his heart! I couldn't ask for a better example for my daughter. She is now reaching 12 and is very strong, secure, and independent. She doesn't take crap from ANYONE!! I always tell my husband I feel sorry for who ever dates her first because he is in for a surprise!! Her looks will deceive many, and her actions will shock them!! I'm very proud of her!! :)

IdahoViking
03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I have to say I agree with you 100% I left an abusive husband when my daughter was 9. I didn't want her to grow up thinking it was normal to be mistreated and abused. I thank God every day that I found my new husband, he is kind, gentle, treats us with the utmost respect and loves us both with all his heart! I couldn't ask for a better example for my daughter. She is now reaching 12 and is very strong, secure, and independent. She doesn't take crap from ANYONE!! I always tell my husband I feel sorry for who ever dates her first because he is in for a surprise!! Her looks will deceive many, and her actions will shock them!! I'm very proud of her!! :)Smart move! I will never understand why so many women chose to remain in an abusive relationship when it is obvious that it will never get better.

...and good luck with your daughter when she gets into her teens. Don't know if it's the reason or not - but I had no bald spots until that happened with my daughter.

jovinni
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I have three boys 9,8 and soon to be 7...it's the girls I'm worried about! LOL They have all kinds of girls chasing after them and to be honest it makes me nervous, especially since my youngest is starting to enjoy it.

As it is right now my husband is the best at teaching them how to treat a woman with respect. My job is to teach them that girls are nothing but trouble and stay focused in school. So far so good.

Caligrl35
03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Smart move! I will never understand why so many women chose to remain in an abusive relationship when it is obvious that it will never get better.

...and good luck with your daughter when she gets into her teens. Don't know if it's the reason or not - but I had no bald spots until that happened with my daughter.
Thank you, but i'm really not looking forward to bald spots!!! LOL :)

IdahoViking
03-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Thank you, but i'm really not looking forward to bald spots!!! LOL :)My wife didn't have any gray hair until that time either. Coincidence?

Caligrl35
03-22-2007, 09:04 AM
My wife didn't have any gray hair until that time either. Coincidence?
Not making me feel much better!!

IdahoViking
03-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Not making me feel much better!!Sorry. :(

Seriously, I'm glad your new marriage is working out for you and your daughter. Very wise decision on your part.

and I wish you all the best in the future.

Greystoke
03-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the kind wishes. Caligrl saved me from myself. Her daughter is the kindest smartest menace I've ever met!!

Hair's definitely thinning!!

Fuelish
03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
while talking to him, clean my nails with a switchblade and tell him I ain't afraid to back to prison ;)

bhaputi
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Honestly, I think if you teach your daughter's to respect themselves and their bodies, they will never allow anyone else to disrespect them or their bodies.

Or maybe that is just wishful thinking, as I have 2 daughters.....

greyhair
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Clean your shotgun on the kitchen table when they come over to pick her up.
Very effective.

aloysio
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I would clean my M-16 in front of him, and warned him if he ever did anything to hurt her i would shoot him. also i would also tell him that there is no need to run and die tired. lol

MISSINGLINK
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
shotgun

ABNRML1
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I have a 13 yo daughter and I told her that I was going to find some life like male body parts and keep them in a mason jar on my desk for when she brings a boy home and just tell him that this is the price you pay if you mess with her. That or have instructional books about reassignment surgery laying on the coffee table.

jude-o
03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
One of the most striking pieces of advice I've ever heard was that a girl's first relationship with a man was with her father: If a girl is used to kindness, maturity and respect from her father, she will expect it from other men as well.

triverson
03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I like that, "there is no need to run and die tired"! LOL!!!

sixzebra
03-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't have kids, but when i was a teenager, when a boy would come over to pick me up he'd give them the 20 questions game. Then when they were to drop me off, my dad would meet them at the front door wearing his tighty-whities, asking them what took so long......so embarassing.....

rmomjian
03-22-2007, 04:26 PM
never been on a forum where people talked about their guns so much (and no! I'm not talking about biceps)...

remind me to never move out of the city and only travel to places like ny, boston and chicago or something.... one thing's for sure.... i am sticking way clear of texas :-))

last time i saw a gun in real life was... wait... i've never seen a gun in real life!!

anyway... just having fun... please do not take this seriously or take it as an attempt for me to make some social commentary...

resurrected
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
One of the most striking pieces of advice I've ever heard was that a girl's first relationship with a man was with her father: If a girl is used to kindness, maturity and respect from her father, she will expect it from other men as well.

This is what I am hoping for. My little girl is the love of my life. I show her all the love she wants and more. She eats it up. I trust her and she trust me. We never lie to each other and we are open to each other. I only hope she continues as she ages. She says she will always be open with me and tell me the truth. But at 8 what can I really expect. I have basicly raised my baby and she knows her dad and dad knows her. But should the need ever arise a .38, .45, 270 and 12 guage can come into play.

jovinni
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
my dad would meet them at the front door wearing his tighty-whities, asking them what took so long......so embarassing.....

LMAO, that's priceless!

mrdead
03-22-2007, 11:15 PM
You guys are killing me, with this stuff! *L*

SteveHinchee
03-23-2007, 01:57 AM
My daughter turns 11 Saturday and it seems like overnight boys went from ew to oh my! So i told her ole dad here would just have to stay in contest prep the rest of her dating life.

exnihillo
03-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Clean a few of my pistols when he comes over. I actually had a father do this to me when I was younger..

Thank God I only have boys - If had a daughter she wouldn't be allowed out of the house till she was 30 :)

I use to say the same thing but now I am going to have a little girl in july..I told my wife we could lock her in the basement until she is 40...

memoryman
03-23-2007, 03:17 AM
The tone of these entires is one of joking but it is also full of fear of sexuality. Why place any blocks in a child's develpment? Ultimately these entries are loaded with puritanical views on sexuality as bad. Sex is simply part of life and who would not want to be a factor in a daughter's accessing her full right to her sexuality?

1. Raise your daughter so she is discriminating about her friends and boyfriends.
2. Let her know that you are on her side--always. That includes being a positive player?not an impediment? in her psycho-sexual development.
3. Be sure that she can protect herself from sexually transmitted diseases.

Anyway, the inhibiting (vs, guding) father role many have expressed feels like a sad one to me. My children are now adults. Whenn they were children, I was ever mindful of the gift they were in my life and of my role as a guide into the fullness of adult life?including sexuality.

yellowrv
03-23-2007, 03:24 AM
My brother told me that there was this one kid he didn't like much so when he knew my niece had a date he had a special surprise for him. Being a firearms dealer and former State Trooper, he would have an assortment of machine pistols, riot guns, knives, batons, and a sniper rifle or two on the kitchen table cleaning them when this kid came over. He would just wink at the kid. Don't think he saw her for long.

sixzebra
03-23-2007, 07:35 AM
The tone of these entires is one of joking but it is also full of fear of sexuality. Why place any blocks in a child's develpment? Ultimately these entries are loaded with puritanical views on sexuality as bad. Sex is simply part of life and who would not want to be a factor in a daughter's accessing her full right to her sexuality?

1. Raise your daughter so she is discriminating about her friends and boyfriends.
2. Let her know that you are on her side--always. That includes being a positive player?not an impediment? in her psycho-sexual development.

Anyway, the inhibiting (vs, guding) father role many have expressed feels like a sad one to me. My children are now adults. Whenn they were children, I was ever mindful of the gift they were in my life and of my role as a guide into the fullness of adult life?including sexuality.

Sounds like a perfect world scenario, but this is no perfect world. Protecting one's offspring is a natural reaction. And it makes for really funny stories...

IdahoViking
03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I actually had a father do this to me when I was younger..

I use to say the same thing but now I am going to have a little girl in july..I told my wife we could lock her in the basement until she is 40...That was my suggestion, but my wife over-ruled that idea.

resurrected
03-23-2007, 08:34 AM

Yeah so give her condoms or birth control pills?
BS. My little girl will learn what she needs to know about sex. I will not let some ******* wanting to get his dick wet, teach her.

Greystoke
03-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Ahhh, more love and understanding from Resurrected.

nutzo
03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
all my kids friends tell my kids ,im scarey i always look like im gonna kill somebody..my kids say u shoulld see when he is mad..

Thats me too dude....I don't bother with the gun thing or whatever. I don't notice it but it seems if you have lots of tatts, (two sleeves and more), big @ssed pipes, buzzed hair, don't smile a lot, and the like, it sends off a vibe I've been told.

I have three daughters, 26, 22 and 17, and my wife is filipina, so they are cute. I have had ZERO probs.

nutzo
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
The tighty whitey line was freaken funny.

Sean Casey
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
The tone of these entires is one of joking but it is also full of fear of sexuality.

It more like fear of having my daughter pregnant at the age of 13.

Why place any blocks in a child's develpment? Ultimately these entries are loaded with puritanical views on sexuality as bad. Sex is simply part of life and who would not want to be a factor in a daughter's accessing her full right to her sexuality?

My daughter does NOT get a choice in the matter until she's an adult that's mature enough to make decisions based on her sexuality. My job as a father is to protect her and teach her about making correct decisions. She has plenty of time to access her full right to her sexuality when she becomes an adult.

All good points.

Every decent parent wants the best for their children, this doesnt mean we are in fear of sexuality! We are all sexual beings, but its my obligation as a parent to ensure that my daughter is protected from the onslaught of horny boys that want nothing more than a piece of ass. Its also my duty as a parent to guide her and do my best to save her from making bad decisions as a child that's not yet ready to handle the consequences of exploring her sexuality.

resurrected
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Ahhh, more love and understanding from Resurrected.

Why do you have such a problem here with me?
I am really getting tired of you .

ctgblue
03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm doing OK.
Things guys have told my daughter as soon as they leave the house
One guy, "damn, your dad's a freakin beast, I hope he doesn't think I'm gay for wearing this sweater"
Another, "I forgot how big your stepdad is, ****"
the first real one was afraid I would kill him
She's a great girl and we've finally taught her that she is deserving of being treated well, and frankly, we'll kill anyone who doesn't

bigluke39
03-25-2007, 11:24 AM
I will talk about the things I did while in the Delta Forces. Even though is was 25 years ago, I can still scare them very badly. And I very seldom have to show them how good a shot I am with my 330 Mag.
My Daughter is 16 now, so I am living through this as we converse. That was one of the motivating factors to get back into lifting, after 5 years away. My Daughter's friends all call me Dad, but the boys hardly talk to me at all, and when they do, it is Sir, or Mr.

But as bad as I am, I am a pussycat compared to the way my Dad was. I have 6 sisters (And 6 brothers, to make 13 of us!) and If a car pulled into the driveway after 11:00 PM Dad would shoot into the air above the vehicle. It didn't take long for the stories to get around, and none of my Sisters dated until they moved out onto there own.

GREENFEATHER
03-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm doing OK.
Things guys have told my daughter as soon as they leave the house
One guy, "damn, your dad's a freakin beast, I hope he doesn't think I'm gay for wearing this sweater"
Another, "I forgot how big your stepdad is, ****"
the first real one was afraid I would kill him
She's a great girl and we've finally taught her that she is deserving of being treated well, and frankly, we'll kill anyone who doesn't

If you don't wanna get your hands dirty, I can be bought, I ain't cheap, but I do tie up all loose ends. ;)

We don't have kids, but I do have a niece. She came home last summer and she told me about a kid that had been threatening her. I gave her a picture of my handiwork in South America to show the little asshat, he stopped right away.:D I told her to tell him that if he didn't stop, that could very well be him in the next picture. My step sister's husband is a real piece of **** loser! :mad:

redweston
03-25-2007, 02:28 PM
I used to tell em to come out to the garage and who ever could out bench me could take her out ! The looks I got, well she's married now, 145 lb cpa!!!
RED

resurrected
03-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Truth be told, I did already have a problem with a boy and my daughter. He came around for awhile and my wife figured it was OK. He was 12 and she was 7. I didn't like it, but I kept my eye on the two. After a few days of playing together he started to touch her and she kept pushing him away. I was looking out my window over looking the driveway and the kid dared to her to get naked in the woods. Of course I was ready to slaughter him./ But what happened next was great. My litle girl actually told him off and said he needed to leave and never come back. She then came up stairs and said dad, he was a pig!.
I only hope she keeps her level head as she ages and finds herself in this scenario again.

SASQUATCH7212
03-25-2007, 07:16 PM
JACK BAUER, Take it from my boy Jack. I like the electrical cord trick but make sure the person you do it to has their feet in a bucket of water. The last one comes from my beloved United States Marine Corps interagation tactics. Get yourself some 50 lbs fishing line strip the person naked and create a nuece for around the neck then bring the line down the back and wrap it around his genetals and play him like a guitar. At this point he will either never do anything again or he will do everything for you for the rest of his natural life. lol

triverson
03-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I will talk about the things I did while in the Delta Forces. Even though is was 25 years ago, I can still scare them very badly. And I very seldom have to show them how good a shot I am with my 330 Mag.
My Daughter is 16 now, so I am living through this as we converse. That was one of the motivating factors to get back into lifting, after 5 years away. My Daughter's friends all call me Dad, but the boys hardly talk to me at all, and when they do, it is Sir, or Mr.

But as bad as I am, I am a pussycat compared to the way my Dad was. I have 6 sisters (And 6 brothers, to make 13 of us!) and If a car pulled into the driveway after 11:00 PM Dad would shoot into the air above the vehicle. It didn't take long for the stories to get around, and none of my Sisters dated until they moved out onto there own.
That's hardcore!

tahm
03-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I actually made my daughters boyfriend fill this out the first time I met him. Freaked him out a little but I think I got my point across.
Note: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage and medical report from your doctor.

Name:________________________ Nickname/Alias:___________________
Date Of Birth:____/____/____ height:______ Weight:______ I.Q.:______
G.P.A.:________ Soc. Sec.#______-___-_______
Driver's License#____________________
Boy Scout Rank:_____________Good Standing: Yes_____No_____
Home Address:_______________________________
City/State/Zip_____________________________
Home Phone#: (___)___________ Car Phone#:_______________ Pager#:__________
Do you own
a. Van?____
b. Truck with oversized tires?____
c. Car with a trunk full of speakers?_____

Do you have any of the following:
a. An earring_____
b. nose ring______
c. belly button ring_____
or piercings on any other body parts_____
Explain:__________________________________________ ___________
Tattoo?______

(If you answered YES to any of the above questions, discontinue and leave the premises immediately.)

In 30 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you? __________________________________________________ ______________

In 30 words or less, what does "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" mean to you? __________________________________________________ ______________

Church you attend_____________________ How often______________________
Best time to interview your pastor?_______________________

Fill In The Blank. Please answer freely, all answers will be confidential.
a. If I were beaten, the last bone I want to be broken broken is: __________________________________________________ __
b. The one thing I hope this application does not ask me is __________________________________________________ __
c. Now answer the question you filled in on B __________________________________________________ __

NOTE: If you have answered any of the previous questions dishonestly (and I will find out), discontinue application. It is advised that you leave the premises quickly keeping your head low and running in serpentine fashion.

I swear that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge under penalty of death, dismemberment, electrocution, and/or hot pokers.

Thank you for your interest. Please allow 4 - 6 YEARS for processing. If your application is approved, you will be contacted in writing. Please do not call or write, this could cause you unexpected injury.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified by two men wearing white ties and answering to the names GUIDO and LOUIE.

My daughter was fairly embarassed but she did get over it.

bhaputi
03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow - I am actually amazed at the testosterone-fest in here :)

I guess I trust my daughters, and figure that they live up to their expectations. If I expect them to choose well, they will. If I expect them to choose a scumbag, they probably will.

Geoff Richards
03-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I was always concerned myself,but as the years go on you need to have the knowledge that you have brought your kids up understanding and knowing what can and will happen in the outside world.As my kids grew older it became easier to let them make their own decisions as they have slowly but surely grown into adults,my eldest is now 18.
As it turns out I was fortunate to have 3 good looking kids and they are socially responsible,it is strange when they start dating for the first time but its life,as you let go, for example they go to the movies etc with friends,shopping , sleeping over its them moving away slowly and as it happens gradually you to become more relaxed with it.
Dont scare the guys away,teach your kids right and they will tell for themselves who is a jerk and who isnt. Look at your daughter and be happy in the fact that boys will like her, ( there's always the story of the kid so ugly you had to tie a steak to them just so the dog would play with them ) :)

belfastboy
03-27-2007, 01:57 AM
watch bad boys 2 and you'l get an idea

batteryrequired
03-27-2007, 03:52 AM
I will have to say, so far the rowdy type of guys so far have stayed clear of my two daughters and the ones they have gone out with were very respectable guys. Funny, my youngest daughter told me after one of the guys met me, they told her "Wow, hes a nice guy!" LOL

TankNoob
03-27-2007, 04:57 AM
lol some of these are funny

BlondeAmazon
03-27-2007, 05:14 AM
I have 4 new almost stepkids- Now my sons are used to me and the girls that come around them are usually pretty quiet and dont say much to me until they realise I dont eat teenagers for lunch-- BUT the new kids well. My two youngest who are 11 and 12 have taken it upon themselves to announce to the boys at their school that stepmom will come and kick their ass if they mess with them-- peachy... I am sure their real mom is completely impressed.. not

gustone
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
This is hysterical. But I got to tell you that if my son ever came home and said some dude pulled the gun scheme on him or threatened him, I would certainly have to do something about it--verbally, physically or legally. What I learned with my 2 college-aged daughters was to bring them up right. Treat them with love and respect and they will surely avoid disrespectful boys/men. One funny thing I did to my 17 year old daughter happened a few months ago. This MAN came to the house to take her out. He looked about 26 years old. No way was she going out with him. So I asked to see his license to make sure it wasn't expired. I thought my wife was going to hit me. It turned out he is only 4 months older than her. You do what you have to do.

redweston
03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow - I am actually amazed at the testosterone-fest in here :)

I guess I trust my daughters, and figure that they live up to their expectations. If I expect them to choose well, they will. If I expect them to choose a scumbag, they probably will.

It was'nt my daughter I did not trust, I was a teenage fool once myself!
RED

resurrected
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
It was'nt my daughter I did not trust, I was a teenage fool once myself!
RED

Exactly my feelings as well.

triverson
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Well said, I second that!