PDA

View Full Version : barbell rack for bench presses

Emberstone
03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
is it possible to buy just the rack that you use to hold your barbell and weight for doing bench presses. I have a bench, but have to hold the barbell with weights as I lay back them lift the weights up to position then do my bench presses, and my perants who are proud of me taking a effort into working out said that they would be willing for my birthday to buy me a bench press rack, but we havent found one yet that is not apart of a existing bench.

is there a place that sells just the rack for existing benches? if so is there a website I can look at and send to my perants.

I dont use a huge weight, partly because I feel uncomfertable that I might have to do more of a jerking motion to get the bar up first, and my current weight is not overly hard, but just slightly challanging as I am still raising the weight after gaining more range when I started pressing on the bench after not having a bench and useing my bed, so its still working the muscles, because I have to adapt to a bigger range. I would just feel better about reaching up to grab the bar.

Dinotrainer
03-03-2007, 04:53 AM
Of course they sell the rack without the bench. Use the 'search' function, and look up POWER RACK. The thing is, at 6'3" AND 137 pounds, you need to concentrate more on deadlifting and squatting (and eating :D) than benching.

trojannation
03-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Definitely get a power rack. Then you can do several other exercises with it as well such as squats, etc.