PDA

View Full Version : Cardio Schmardio!

Phildil
09-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Please some suggestions! I HATE CARDIO cuz its sooooo boring! After dragging through different types (areobic class , teadmill, stationary bike, rowing machine, etc), I finally found something that I really enjoy, Outdoor Bike riding! I ride 2 miles/day on training days and 6-10/day on cardio days and the fat is melting away.

My problem is, fall and winter are setting in (I live in Chicago, IL) and I will not be able to ride outdoors until March/April of next year. I have much more fat to burn off and I am so scared that I wont be able to find a suitable replacement, that I am literally DEPRESSED. I can feel my waistline getting bigger now!

Can ANYONE offer suggestions for cardio OR can my weight training be adjusted to include routines that will burn all my dam stomach fat. (see I'm getting angry now, so I better end it here).

THANKS FORUM

P.S. To MisFit

THANKS FOR CREATING YOUR NEWSLETTER, YOU GIVE REAL DOWN TO EARTH SOLID ADVICE! I LOVE READING IT AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ISSUE!!!

MsFit
09-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Phildil
Please some suggestions! I HATE CARDIO cuz its sooooo boring! After dragging through different types (areobic class , teadmill, stationary bike, rowing machine, etc), I finally found something that I really enjoy, Outdoor Bike riding! I ride 2 miles/day on training days and 6-10/day on cardio days and the fat is melting away.

My problem is, fall and winter are setting in (I live in Chicago, IL) and I will not be able to ride outdoors until March/April of next year. I have much more fat to burn off and I am so scared that I wont be able to find a suitable replacement, that I am literally DEPRESSED. I can feel my waistline getting bigger now!

Can ANYONE offer suggestions for cardio OR can my weight training be adjusted to include routines that will burn all my dam stomach fat. (see I'm getting angry now, so I better end it here).

THANKS FORUM

P.S. To MisFit

THANKS FOR CREATING YOUR NEWSLETTER, YOU GIVE REAL DOWN TO EARTH SOLID ADVICE! I LOVE READING IT AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ISSUE!!!

Wow, Thanks for the heads up on the newsletters. ;) I'm glad you enjoy them. :)

Anyway if you want to continue to melt fat, you have to eat right and keep the cardio up. Apparently it's working for you. I was going to suggest perhaps a stationary bike in front of the tube. I have a Gazellel that I use 2-3 days a week. I hop on it for 20-30 minutes while I watch the latest gossip (talk) shows. That's why I bought it, so I can do cardio inside during the Winter. :D There's also Kickboxing and Tae Bo tapes that can keep cardio interesting.

JAmanda
09-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Move somewhere where the sun is shining!!!(haha) na.....I also have a stationary bike at home, try some HIIT especially if you are not keen on spending alot of time doing cardio. How fast do you go on your bike?? May want to look at targeting the same heartrate so you continue with your good losses- invest in a heat rate monitor. Like Ms Fit said also your diet needs to be bang on, unfortunately the seasons are going to stay the same for the rest of your life so start experimenting to see what works best. Have you tried spinning classes?

Phildil
09-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Just this morning I was thinking about taking Kickboxing AND since the only experience with stationary bikes was at (LOL) BALLY'S, I was considering purchasing a bike for home.

My speed is at a moderate pace (no more than 12mph) but it has made all the difference this year.

HIIT, I WOULD LUV DAT S**T. There's nothing like the rush after a set....and then to bump it up WOW, I'm down for that.

Rydain
09-08-2003, 04:17 PM
HIIT is your friend. It's difficult to get bored when you're either huffing and puffing like crazy or trying to enjoy your recovery before the next work interval comes along. Plus, you'll be zonked before things even have a chance to get dull, anyway. :D

imperfectly_lou
09-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Rydain is right on! When you do HIIT, you are too busy looking at the clock to work out when you start your next sprint, and worrying about the pain in your legs, before you know it, it is over and you feel great!

sabreman
09-09-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by imperfectly_lou
Rydain is right on! When you do HIIT, you are too busy looking at the clock to work out when you start your next sprint, and worrying about the pain in your legs, before you know it, it is over and you feel great!

It is quite good. Plus, you don't have to be on the treadmill for 30-45 min to feel like you accomplished something. You get a great workout just being on there for 12-15 min.