PDA

View Full Version : My Journal

MommaOfTwo
08-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Hi, I am new here. I wanted to track my progress and hopefully get some motivation and support from other women. :)
I am 27, 5'2" and weigh 119. Some of you may think that is not bad, but for me it is. All my life I have been able to eat anything I want and not worry about it. Well, after 25 and two kids, it has all gone down hill! I had never excercised in my life, never was athletic, never had to worry about it... Now I am so depressed with how I look and feel, I decided I needed to change.
I recently signed up for 15 sessions with a trainer at the gym I belong to. She is great and is very supportive. Last week I saw her once and this week I will see her twice. I also plan to go on my own and do cardio at least 4 times a week, as well as attend pilates once a week and some other class once a week.
And the hardest part I think is, I want to change how I eat. I grew up on junk food. :( So this will be the most difficult for me to do. Not only avoiding fatty foods, but learning what to eat.
Also I am on the pill (Yasmin), which I may need to switch, b/c since I started it, I have gained 5 lbs and feel tired alot. Not sure if that is the cause, but it's worth a try.
So, thanks for letting me post here. I welcome any comments or suggestions. :)

cdmuscle
08-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Welcome!

We enjoy hearing from you and hope we can provide information you can use. We all have to deal with our little demons and unfortunately, they change as we age.

I have always had a weight problem so dieting is an old evil for me. I couldn't imagine starting this type of lifestyle change at 27!!!

Good luck and hope we can help.

:)

barbi
09-03-2003, 12:45 PM
a really good site to check on your diet is fitday.com learned about that the other day on here. matter of fact. have learned alot poking around these forums. welcome:)