PDA

View Full Version : Super Shamou + Eskimo Genetics = soon

SuperShamou
04-20-2012, 09:37 AM
ive been lifting since October without taking my diet too seriously seriously (sorta cleaned it up). and i have gained 0.5 Kg a month since then... right now i'm 330LBS (or 152KG)... not as fat as you are thinking, but still very fat (got a Roy Nelson physique going on) i have an extremely long torso (Eskimo Genetics, big core to keep body temps up in extreme weather) that adds a good 30 LBS to what people think i am.

ive been seeing a dietician, mainly due to BP, trying to reduce mass. and no positive results on mass loss since Oct. got me down... so i can't expect different resuilts without trying different things... i'm basically going to keep it simple, calories within 2250-2500. i am a carnivore so i'm not worried about hitting protien macro's, or fat (meat & enough fat go hand and hand) but am limiting carbs. i'm also going to be doing some cardio, cycling (real bicycle) & i threw out all junk food like chips/chocolate/ from the house and refuse to buy more...pretty much cleanded up my diet properly, and may even do a meatless day (with lots of eggs) as i dont mind vegetarian meals.... but i get sick after a few days of it.

i can't update weight often (household scales rarely go over 280LBS) but will whenever i get the chance.

i also keep my workouts simple... DOMS = rest; no DOMS = make it happen... mostly just free weights in my shed (decent, about 400lbs in various sized plates, barbells dumbells) but do include some calisthenics (bulgairan squats) will vary this if i dont get good results.

SuperShamou
04-24-2012, 09:24 AM
its been hard to get workouts in, due to my wife being out of town and i have to stay home with my oldest son. so i have been doing pushups dips and squats till friday (when wife gets home). although my son went to a freinds house yesterday for an hour and i managed to do my chest workout (4X 8 bb bench press, 4 X 8 db chest flys, 4X 8 db press)

also woke up to a setback to cycling from mother nature. 10 cm of ice pellets on the ground followed by heavy rain (hopefully it nets little extra snow)

sticking to the calorie intake isn't going to bad, although i did buy some tortilla chips to have with chile last night so i probably hit closer to 3K cals yesterday. (fuark chips have a lot of calories, tortilla 270 calories for 50 grams, might be able to lose wieght by cutting chips alone from my diet)

SuperShamou
04-26-2012, 09:32 AM
been feeling sorta tight & unflexable lately, so i ended up trying the pilates movie on netflix (soon being removed from Canadian netflix). feltgoodman... (no homo)

wouldn't exactly call it a workout, but a good stretch nonetheless.. certainly helped with the stiff back.

SuperShamou
04-30-2012, 05:45 AM
been busy since wife is back, but at least can get to do a workout here and there.also started taking some supps.
-cod liver oil
-fish oil
-glucosamine sulphate

all to keep joint pain away.

more snow (about 5CM), so i'm just gonna get the bike out this evening anyway... can't wait forever. will be a little chilly, but at least i wont get as sweatty.

SuperShamou
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
went for a short bike ride yesterday (bout 15 mins, unsure of KM travelled) and did some bw squats when i got back whilst having rubbery legs from the pedal bike.

tonight. longer bike ride but no weights (maybe some dips & pushups)

SuperShamou
05-02-2012, 10:32 AM
went for a longer bike ride, less intense as i had my 7 year old come with me...a good ride nonetheless (spent it in the sand as opposed to road to increase resistence)

also did some BW squats
i did 80 regular squats
a dozen bulgarian squats
some cheat pistol squats (got sharp pain in knee so not many)

upped my shrugs to 50 lbs (max i can put on my db's)
did 3 sets of 20

also did 4 sets of 12 bent over rows (using same db)

conclusion need a real set of dumbells (~ 3K for a full set on amazon, no thanks) , or at least adjustables with room for more wieght.

johnhouse1991
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Cardio, cardio, and more cardio.

CallMeMikeG
05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I know, it's ridiculous how much it costs to get a good set of dumbells. Good luck man! Keep it up!

SuperShamou
05-04-2012, 07:23 AM
wifey went out with a friend last night with little notice so i only got in some dips (4 sets of 8), squats with those 50lb dumbells (3 sets of 20), and pretty much where it got cut short. i have a huge scar on my left bicep, so i may take it easy on the arms for a few weeks/months for my skin to stretch (without adding more stretch marks hopefully) as it feels very tight, maybe wieght loss will help as well.

planning on doing some serious biking this weekend though... we have a 5 KM biking trail in town recently cleared of snow (doubles as a x country skiing trail in winter). and the roads are more opened up all around with our first week of double digit temps since nov/ 2011 (such is life in Northern Canada)... my ass is getting more used to the seat (no homo) and lung function is much better than last fall (smokers lungs slowly going back to normal)

digital bathroom scale still cringes when i get on (says errr when i get on and i know its good for 320 as i sorta take some weight with my arms it will show weight) but i fit into a pair of pants i couldn't fit in a few weeks ago, so thats some positive news.

also thanks for the encouragement reps all around

SuperShamou
05-07-2012, 05:06 AM
managed an hour long bike ride on saturday (about 16K i guess, can't bring a road vehicle in bike trail to get milage) , worked up a good sweat in 3C temps.

i threw in a few random sets of bench presses over the weekend, ive been thinking of increasing wieght, but i still have trouble finishing a 3 sets of 10 (no failure though... no spotter) and sometimes i have trouble getting it off the rack, even though i can get to 10 reps easily once it is off... i probably should work on explosiveness first so i wont have trouble unracking it (also have to go real slow when re racking, so i dont get my skin pinched, which burns like a mofo after 10 reps)

SuperShamou
05-08-2012, 04:45 AM
got in another 30 mins of bike riding, i should have done some quad measurements as my quadrofatcepts are getting noticable bigger (to me at least, no one has mentioned my appearance changing yet) basically just do a few variations of BW squats & bike riding (which is killer on the quads). my goal before winter is to do a really long ride, as a teen it was no problem for me to travel 70+ KM/day on pedal bike, i would be happy with 30km by the time snow starts falling in the fall/

also did 4 sets of 10 chest flys (was in the shed having a beer and decided to do a few) i will be upping the wieght i use next time (which is 20lb db) as it was too easy... too bad i dont have anymore of those walmart plates, gonna have to mix them up with concrete filled 0_o

hottiewitabody
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
cardio and sweating

SuperShamou
05-10-2012, 07:27 AM
been doing some regular bike riding (altho raining yesterday so i just stuck with weights)

having trouble sticking under the calorie mark without feeling weak and hungry (and probably eating closer to 2700-3K calories some days, especially days with riding involved) so i'm thinking about taking hemp protien which also has a chitload of fibre, or cytogreens for athletes (says it has bioavailable plant based protien, hopefully isn't gluten) a buddy of mine says it makes him feel real full (he is going the half assed P90X route basically not following it strictly, doing it when he has the time, which i considered, but way too fat to try all those pullups atm, nor do i have a place to do it.. got all kind of baby furniture in my living room like jolly jumpers and swings).

also still not within the weighable range of my bathroom scale... i'm trying to not get too discouraged, as i'm sure ive lost fat and gained some muscle... just not noticable weight.

forecast looks chitty for a bike ride today, but it isn't raining yet... hopefully that holds out till later this evening.

SuperShamou
05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
due to a chitty forecast... i decided to try and kill my legs by doing BW squats (bad weather is hard on knee so i couldn't do any one legged) but i guess my body is used to them, did 100, not even doms... and woke up this morning snow on the ground so i may not be doing any biking till next week (mothers day and all)...

also did some arnold presses, but was difficult with the 50lb dumbells (hard to get up above shoulders, not hard to rep once there) and 100 calf raises.

i also tried hanging on a pullup bar for awhile to build up some pull up strength... which i did get a pump, but was really hard on the fingers (fingers wanter to stay curled around the bar for like 5-10 mins after)

SuperShamou
05-14-2012, 05:47 AM
chit weather all weekend, sleet & rain, so i did a quick 45 min workout on saturday (chest workout)

it is nice today though... and pretty much all week, so i intend to do more biking than lifting this week...

i'm not sure if wieght lifting is going with my goal of losing mass... i have heard multiple times now that losing fat & gaining muscle is damn near impossible to do the same time... i enjoy lifitng thou... its not like i'm getting swole (seeing some definition, but no one has noticed **** since Oct/november when i started lifting) so i probably will continue to lift & bike in an effort to lose weight.

SuperShamou
05-17-2012, 06:11 AM
still cannot provide a weight update, but i do know my home scale goes as high as 328 (seen that # when i got on this morning before it went "err" again) so i should be able to see progress at home soon (weight was measured in a triple beam at the dietician, i'm assuming my bathroom scale wont be as accurate)

monday didn't really do much (wife was gone i was alone in the house with 2 sleeping kids all night) i did some pushups and dips, but nothing of substance.

tuesday: went for an intense bike ride, but short distance (about 2-3 k) worked up a good sweat, but ran out of gas and went home... did some bent over rows as its been awhile siince i did any back exercises... also seen a thread on the misc of guys who do bike sprint, and their legs looked weird as fuark... so i'm probably not going to be doing that high intensity very much.

wednesday: longer bike ride *(probably 10K) at a moderate intensity... but kept a good steady pace the whole time. i also added 10lbs to the bench bar and did 3 sets of 10 (not sure of bar weight, but 150lbs in plates) i didn't have much trouble doing them at all, and no doms/joint pain today so i may up that another 10lbs in a week or so (if pain doesn't come back in my right elbow, which i think maybe from curling, which i have stopped, also glucosamine & fish oils maybe helping)

SuperShamou
05-22-2012, 06:26 AM
went for an 11 KM ride over a 45 minute period on thursday. a good ride, and could have went much much longer (did this while 7 year old went to a scouts outing), last fall when riding bike, i was limited by lungs, now it seems i'm limited by leg endurance now... i will need a quicker pace if i ever expect to do that 70KM on bike in one day... (did it once @ 14, took 5+ hours)

lifted on saturday, did traps, Delts and forearms.

took it pretty easy this weekend (3 day weekend), i had to do some yard cleaning (snow finally melted, lots of garbage left behind) but i worked up a sweat at least... i still need to tackle my shed, (which also doubles as my gym) which will make it a more positive environment.

SuperShamou
05-23-2012, 06:44 AM
it was nice all day, until i got off from work, then came the thunder and lightning... so no bike ride... would consider biking to work (only 5-6K) but i get so sweaty and it gets my pants dirty from oil/grease.

but did get in some lifiting... my lower back has been feeling normal so started doing deads again (havbing less and less time to work out it seems, so i started doing a lot of compounds)

4X10, 200lbs... got my blood flowing at least, got kinda tired after that... i could easily do a lot more weight, but fear my form might not be the greatest. also did some BW squats.

weather is looking good again today, but not holding out hope that it will stay that way.

maagwaaye
05-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Nice to see the progress man! Keep it up!

SuperShamou
05-23-2012, 04:54 PM
thanks,

got out for a 12KM bike ride, took about 45 mins with a break to stop for a bottle of water. to gassed to lift (know why its important to lift first then cardio now)

aside from the vienna sausage, ate uber clean today as well...

Kenjisama
05-23-2012, 04:57 PM
hey man good luck with your progress. also have some reps for being a native.

SuperShamou
05-24-2012, 06:01 AM
thanks^^

good news, i'm actually wieghable now... after a good bowel movement in the morning just before getting in the shower i weighed 323 (which would usually get me an error), but i did get my 30+ oz's of water in before wieghing...

SuperShamou
05-25-2012, 06:54 AM
had a real crap day yesterday and going through some personal issues...

the rage does wonders for my lifts (could have easily benched 50 more lbs yesterday) but horrible for mental health... did 4X10 flat bench press, 2 X 10 explosive pushups (at my BW, pretty much what i bench if the 60% BW for normal pushups is the cvorect resistance) and some half assed pilates/ aka stretching

SuperShamou
05-29-2012, 05:10 AM
been sorta lazy since last post... sorta been cheating on my diet too, i ate a few chips at a party and some torillas with the wife last night...

did about 15Km on bike last night, legs still feel warm from it... i wanted to go further, but didn't want to hit the wall and have to be picked up because im too tired to ride back... gonna be a lot of work to get my endurance up to a 30+ km ride. also did my forearm workout... not sure what its called, but just a twisting motion used to coil up rope tied to a 10lb weight (get a good burn from it, not sure if its a good muscle builder)

i weighed myself again said i was 319, but i'm skeptical hippo about it...i have a dietician appointment on the 12 June, where i wiegh myself on a triple beam for absolute results...

SuperShamou
05-30-2012, 06:19 AM
another decent ride on bike... kept the terrain fairly flat though... a good solid half hour on bike (estimated 8-10Km)

where my legs felt wierd i didn't have the energy to do another ride similar to the last one...,. still feel weird right now actually... wife was impressed on how hard my quads are after riding.

fkuked up shoulder so i'm gonna lay off lifting (impossibiru to lift) till it gets better... shouldn't take very long.. maybe till monday at the latest.

SuperShamou
06-04-2012, 07:10 AM
haven't been on bike since last post, but did add 10lb to bench since shoulder was feeling better.

also going to revive arms day, i seem to have less issues with my keyloid scar on my left arm (dont want to get new stretchmarks nomsayin') so probably going to start tonight.

SuperShamou
06-06-2012, 04:45 AM
got out on bike yesterday after some lifting.

did 4 X 10 arm curls, and 4 X 10 bench press. then 12K on bike, moderate pace as i was in the wilderness and a random attack from a starving black bear is a possibility this time of the year, so i couldn't ride at a high pace in case i had to go real fast.

also smoked a cigarette (had a bad day) feltreal****inggoodyetreally****ingbadatthesametim eman.

SuperShamou
06-07-2012, 11:01 AM
some minor lifting... tried hittin the delts and db flys... felt pain in my shoulder again so lightened up the wieght, but didn't do as many sets as i wanted to 2 sets of 10 each i think. also did 5 X 10 dips.

positive note: wifey noticed some weight loss.

MAC250
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Good luck, diet starts tomorrow for me. Schools out going to come back a new shredded person.

O and cutting junk food is going to be hard, did you buy healthy snacks and what not to help or what?

SuperShamou
06-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Good luck, diet starts tomorrow for me. Schools out going to come back a new shredded person.

O and cutting junk food is going to be hard, did you buy healthy snacks and what not to help or what?

i eat a lot of canned oysters (natty zinc source, good for testosterone levels apparently) and herring... try to stay away from sweets, but have some chocolate covered granola bars (those 100 calorie mother effers) when i got a craving that i can't shake.

on topic:workout last night was quick, 3 sets of 10 benchpresses and dips during rests... took like 10 mins but my arms were rubber. changing bars (seems weak and noticing bending) and adding another 10lbs for next week

trying to get some work on arms as a dude in the office started lifting again too (looks like a strictly arms guy from what i can tell), and has really short insertions, bishes in office is mirin' his fatcepts & not mine (dont really care office chicks are groce, but noticing would be nice)... i have really long insertions and still dont look like i lift (despite 18.5" fatceps) he is a little leaners probably 250-270 though

SuperShamou
06-11-2012, 07:38 AM
did chest and arms over the weekend.

added another 10lb to bench, and swapped to a solid metal barbell at least (kiddy york one was scaring me... might rig that up somewhere for pullups) got good DOMS out of it, wasn't too hard.
hit delts with arm raises (20lbs db, 4x 10 in all directions (side back and front)
also did some curls, was thinking about upping that weight (50lbs + curling barbell w/ screw end) to 60lbs (probably all i can fit on the bar) but it was hard to get the last few in on the last set... maybe in a week or two.

i use strict form as well (just in case i get anyone hatin on teh weight i use, admittedly is low) trying with an explosive lift with slow controlled decent... i get a decent workout with what i used and get a good burn.

no cardio, feelslazy but was sort of a busy weekend... lots of family oriented stuff was on the go.

also looking noticable slimmer lately... I should have taken some before & after pics, but frieghtened of becoming a meme.

SuperShamou
06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
got back from teh dietician, down 2KG (4.5 lbs) down to 315....wish it was more, but i take what i can get..

pretty hot out today (gonna be 38C w humidex), but with teh mediocre news i can't hide from the weather, just gonna have to bring a gatorade to fight off heat exhaustion/stroke.

and my fb has been blowing up from this bish i knew from college (was skinnyfat, went on dreamer bulk to whale status, been on some crazy circut training program and looking better than her college days (at 33)) so she has motivated me to do the before pic but will keep it private till i feel i can show good progress. (thats what she did, she was unhappy with weight loss as she gained a lot of muscle, but looks a million times better in the after pic)

SuperShamou
06-14-2012, 05:38 AM
still got mad DOMS from tuesdays squats and got worse today.

did some benches yesterday as well, did 5 sets of 5... never really got a good burn though, but it was too hot too continue... i was getting kinda ill from the heat...

also no carido, its really smoky from forest fire smoke.

delts on the menu for this evening. cardio if no smoke.

SuperShamou
06-19-2012, 07:08 AM
been sorta taking it easy... a big heatwave on the go... too hot in shed to lift as well as too hot for a serious cardio workout.

ive been just doing a few pushups and dips to not feel as lazy/.

SuperShamou
08-01-2012, 05:42 AM
been sort of neglecting posting in this thread, because its been crazy busy at work, but have been biking semi regularly, as well as lifting/calisthenics 3X a week minimum.

after losing another 10lbs or so, but will wait for a triple beam update with my dietician next week.

Tix2x
08-01-2012, 06:20 AM
cardio and sweating

Heavy weights, cardio & **DIET**

SuperShamou
10-22-2012, 06:36 AM
been a long time since a post, but still plugging away... no longer seeing a dietician,but dont really need more advice, i just need to keep working & being patient.

also down to 292, from 338 when i started the log. not really doing much different activity wise, but keeping diet in check (discovered Greek yogurt, makes an awesomre light breakfast) around 2000-2500 cals/day (eff macros, 50-80g protien should be plenty, fat & sugar kept to minimum) and regular lifting the weight started coming off...

hoping to continue the weight loss while building muscle (apparently hard to do both at the same time, but lifting>> not lifting) i will end up lifting more in winter cause i lift in my unheated shed, so it gets cold as hell, which motivates me to lift heavier to get warm... plus all the lovely snow shoveling.

10-22-2012, 10:39 AM
been a long time since a post, but still plugging away... no longer seeing a dietician,but dont really need more advice, i just need to keep working & being patient.

also down to 292, from 338 when i started the log. not really doing much different activity wise, but keeping diet in check (discovered Greek yogurt, makes an awesomre light breakfast) around 2000-2500 cals/day (eff macros, 50-80g protien should be plenty, fat & sugar kept to minimum) and regular lifting the weight started coming off...

hoping to continue the weight loss while building muscle (apparently hard to do both at the same time, but lifting>> not lifting) i will end up lifting more in winter cause i lift in my unheated shed, so it gets cold as hell, which motivates me to lift heavier to get warm... plus all the lovely snow shoveling.

Repped. Keep hitting it, man. I'm just under 270 now, but did a 3 week cut and came from 290. Did a cut where I didn't keep track before that from 3xx to 290. At my heaviest I weighed 300+ (didn't want to get on the scale). I'm on a cut now and I hope not to stop until 225 when I will have a party day or two. =D

Also, where are the pics in your log? I'll make you a deal: You post pics in here and I will start a log and do the same. Man up and don't stop cutting those calories!! Good luck!

SuperShamou
12-11-2012, 06:00 AM
i'm down to 284 give or take a pound... sort of plateaued due to slip ups with diet (wife making xmas cookies)

i would do pics but i'm too lazy.... would need to get wifes camera, find a pc that will accept the chip, upload to an image hosting site... all to be called a phat kunt by the misc... not really worth it, but have been taking them, just not sharing until i feel that i've made some serious progress.

some notables i guess... i'm wearing the same size jeans i wore in HS (38" waist) i do have size 42 pants with the button missing due to fatness.... i can shop in normal people stores now.

been lifting more due to cool weather... and not sort of... haven't lifted the past two days because of heavy snowfalls so my back is kinda bad with all the shoveling + another 6+" of snow falling this morning.

also got some more metal plates picked up, just small ones for dumbbells (2.5,5,10 lb plates) I'm holding out to buy bigger plates used