PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss + lean mass gain = body transformation log

ConCon1
04-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm starting this log beause I always wanted to look lean and feel healthy. I've always been chubby and since 2010 I've been trying to loss weight, but it has always been an on again off again thing. I want to change that so I thing doing this log while help me be committed. Hopefully this will help me.

Currently
I weight: 130lb
height: 5'1
chest:37in
waist:36in
arms:1in
shoulders:17in
forearms:8.5in
neck:13in
hips:37.5in
thights:19in
calves:13.5in
(I took my measurements at the end of the day, which means after I eat, so I don't know if it'll effect my measuremnts. Hopefully not by much.)

I am hoping to lose as much weight as possible and gain lean mass by the end of 12 weeks. My deadline is June 30 2012. So maybe a little more then 12 weeks?
I would try to post pics of my progress.
I don't want to a calorie count because it'll be to much for me (I've tried). I'll try to eat healthy and stay away from junk food and unhealthy foods.
During this time I will eat healthy and try to divide my meals to 4-7 meals a day. I will also do cardio and strength training.

Drastiic
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
(I took my measurements at the end of the day, which means after I eat, so I don't know if it'll effect my measuremnts. Hopefully not by much.)

I don't want to a calorie count because it'll be to much for me (I've tried). I'll try to eat healthy and stay away from junk food and unhealthy foods.
During this time I will eat healthy and try to divide my meals to 4-7 meals a day. I will also do cardio and strength training.

People usually take their measurements first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I would highly suggest counting your calories. You don't have to do it forever. Just do it for the first couple weeks and by that time you'll have a better grasp on how much you consume on a regular basis. I use myfitnesspal.com and it's pretty simple. It remembers your foods, so you don't have to manually enter them in every day. Eating healthy is fine and all, but you can still gain wait by eating healthy. Calories in vs. calories out. If you don't know how many calories you're taking in, you'll have problems adjusting your intake accurately. Best of luck.

ConCon1
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
People usually take their measurements first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I would highly suggest counting your calories. You don't have to do it forever. Just do it for the first couple weeks and by that time you'll have a better grasp on how much you consume on a regular basis. I use myfitnesspal.com and it's pretty simple. It remembers your foods, so you don't have to manually enter them in every day. Eating healthy is fine and all, but you can still gain wait by eating healthy. Calories in vs. calories out. If you don't know how many calories you're taking in, you'll have problems adjusting your intake accurately. Best of luck.

I thought about counting my calories but I want to get portion size control and know what to eat and what not to eat and how to cook healthy first. I also want to control my cravings first. So I'm thinking that maybe next week or the week after I'll start counting my calories. I also use myfitnesspal, but I mostly want to get my cravings under control so I won't eat junk food with extra calories or something.

ConCon1
04-09-2012, 03:49 PM
So today was good. I caved in a little (mostly my bf fault) and ate a piece of cake. But now that I talked to my bf he supports me on this and won't tempt me anymore, which is good.
So far I ate:
-eggs (2 whites and 1 whole)
-green tea (plain)
-wheat germ (added to the eggs)
-2/3 cups almonds mixed with 1/3 cranberries
- 1 medium banana
-1 protien shake

For dinner I plan to eat
-chicken with brown rice
-brussel sprouts (hope I spelled it right)
(miss spelled words are a pet peeve. Especailly when i do it)

I did strenght training today.
Chest/triceps
-flat dumbbell press
-flat bench flyes
-incline dumbbell flyes
-cable crossover
-triceps cable pushdown
-reverse cable pushdown
-headsmackers
-skull crushers
-rockers

Afterwards I did 20min cardio

I'm trying to drink a gallon of water, but its proven a bit hard because I don't normally drink so much water.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

So I decided to do a calorie count
Toatl Calories: 1500
Carbs:113
Protien:150
Fat:50

Todays intake was
Total Calories: 1412
Carbs:114
Protein:150
Fats:48

So far I did good even thought at the last minute I decided to do a calorie count.

ConCon1
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
So today was great. Kinda hungry now that the day is almost over, but I can't eat after 7. My chest is sore from yesterday and now my shoulders are kinda sore. I caved in a little today again. I ate to many almonds which caused me to pass my fat % so tomorrow I'm going to eat less or replace it with an apple or a few veggies. I feel guilty for caving in. I'll try harder tomorrow, I promise. I'm going to do cardio for 30 min to 1 hour tomorrow.

Today I ate:
- eggs (1 whole and 2 whites)
-Green tea (unsweetened)
-wheat germ (added to eggs)
-crunchy nut cereal ( I caved a little. Only ate 1 cup)
-Chicken wrap with lettuce, asperagu grilled chicken breast on a whole wheat tortilla (medium size)
-almonds
-apple
-lightly buttered popcorn

Total calories:1497
Carbs:89
Protien:119
Fats:74

workout
Shoulders:
-smith machine overhead shoulder press
-machine shoulder press
-Side lateral raise
-side lateral raise (starting behind back)
-dumbbel shrug
-reverse flyes

20 minutes of cardio

ConCon1
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Today I caved in again. Mostly because I was on my feet all day and I needed a quick snack and the people I was with got pretzels and got me one. For the rest of the day I ate healthy and paid attention to my calorie count, but still managed to pass it. Bad cookies and pretzels :-(

Today I ate:
-oatmeal with 1 tbsp of honey
-green tea
-peanut butter on one slice of whole wheat bread
-a salad (romaine, cucumber, feta cheese, tomatoe, eggs, turkey)
-an oatmeal cookie (couldn't resist)
-banana
-pretzel

total calorie count:1568
carbs:206
protien:57
fats:54

20 minutes of cardio today.

Today wasn't my best day, but I'm commited to give this my best but its kinda hard when you have a sweet tooth.

ConCon1
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Calories:1450
carbs:131
protien:29
fat:57

Workout
Calves & Abs
-standing calf raises
-calf press on leg press machine
-seated calf raise
-crunches
-decline oblique crunches
-knee hip raises on parallel bars

20 minutes of cardio

still trying my best.

josh_english
04-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Calories:1450
carbs:131
protien:29
fat:57

Workout
Calves & Abs
-standing calf raises
-calf press on leg press machine
-seated calf raise
-crunches
-decline oblique crunches
-knee hip raises on parallel bars

20 minutes of cardio

still trying my best.

Those macros only ad up to around 1150 calories
fat is 9 calories per gram and carbs and protein are each 4 calories per gram. You really should be taking in more protein

ConCon1
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Those macros only ad up to around 1150 calories
fat is 9 calories per gram and carbs and protein are each 4 calories per gram. You really should be taking in more protein

I know I should take more protien. Im working on taking more protien each day.

ConCon1
04-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Today was my best day (hopefully I'll have more best days). I went to the gym and focused on my diet. I used a new recipe for dinner and stayed within my calorie count and added more protien to my diet.

Today I ate:
-eggs (1 whole, 1 white)
-ground beef ( made into a patty)
-brown rice
-tilapia
-asparagus
-protien shake
-low fat vanilla yogurt
-honey roasted nuts

Total calories:1005
carbs:87
protien:95
fat:36

I didn't consume as much calories as I was suppose to but today I didn't feel as hungry.

workout
Back/Biceps
-reverse grip pulldown
-wide grip lat pulldown
-one arm dumbell row
-romanian deadlift
-hammer curls
-preacher curls

20 minutes of cardio
(I'm going to start 30 minutes of cardio starting tomorrow.)

Tomorrow I'm going to try to consume more calories and protien (gotta raise my intake). I feel great today and I can't wait until tomorrow.
:)

ConCon1
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Today I ate:
-Pancakes (home made)
-soy milk
-turkey burger patties (home-made)
-brown rice
-poptart
-protien shake
-apple

Total calories:1216
carbs: 40
protien:102
fat: 40

workout
Legs
-Leg extensions
-seated leg curl
-squats

15 min cardio

ConCon1
04-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Today I ate:
-home made pancakes
-brown rice
-grilled chicken breast
-turkey sandwich
-apple
-vanilla ice cream on a ice cream cone
-starburst

Total calories:1079
Carbs: 140
Protien: 71
Fat: 18

Did some cardio. Kinda was a lazy day today. Didnt consume as many calories.