PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for??

bhori
02-28-2012, 01:44 PM
I just got a rack but now I need some opinions in a good multiple position bench.
Anyone using a powertec bench?
What are using and do u like it?
Thanks!!

KBKB
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
I have the Ironmaster Super Bench (http://www.ironmaster.com/super-bench.html). I'm happy with it. My only complaint is that it's a bit too high in the flat position.

I posted some photos of my Super Bench in my Ironmaster Spotting Stand review (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140687791). Note that this wasn't a bench review, but the spotting stand needs to be used with the bench, so the bench appears in the photos too.

thedickus
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM
I have an older model PowerTec utility bench. It's all right, not great, not horrible. It wobbles a little without if you're not lying on it, but is pretty sturdy under load. This has been discussed on here before. The incline isn't quite low enough for me when doing incline work. I like it around 30 degrees and this is somewhere between 30 and 45 degrees. It has pop pins, I prefer the ladder style just for ease of adjusting. Be sure to tighten the wing nut on the pop pins. My bench has fallen down under load once when I forgot to tighten the wing nut. Luckily I was using a smith machine and had the safeties set, so no harm. In my mind it's not worth it for the new price, maybe $75 - $100.

ProtienandIron
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
The powertec and bodypower benches are both good quality for the money. I used to have a york powerline bench which was also along the same lines. The funny thing with benches on ebay is that the commercial ones often get sold for cheaper then these and they tend to be even more stable, and able to hold more weight.

miker84
02-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm very happy with the bodycraft f320. I would've gone Ironmaster but the height was a deal breaker for me. In the flat bench position max height that I consider comfortable is the f320 (I believe 17.5 inches). I bought a parabody and hated it for this reason. Now I'm trying to unload it on CL.