PDA

View Full Version : So what would it take for Ron Paul to be President?

collector
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
He's got a lot of hype but you still don't hear about him being a possibility for the presidency. This may be his last run for it, do you think he will make it? He seems to get a lot of support on the internet, but I don't hear about it as much offline.

LiftTheIron
01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
He's got a lot of hype but you still don't hear about him being a possibility for the presidency. This may be his last run for it, do you think he will make it? He seems to get a lot of support on the internet, but I don't hear about it as much offline.

I hope he does but I don't think he will.

US_Ranger
01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
What would it take? Another 20 years or so. In that amount of time, a lot of the older, ultra-religious psychopaths would die off and the younger generation would be in their 40's or 50's. Those of us growing up and realizing what a complete and utter waste the "war on drugs" happens to be would vote for a candidate who realizes it as well.

collector
01-28-2012, 12:46 PM
What would it take? Another 20 years or so. In that amount of time, a lot of the older, ultra-religious psychopaths would die off and the younger generation would be in their 40's or 50's. Those of us growing up and realizing what a complete and utter waste the "war on drugs" happens to be would vote for a candidate who realizes it as well.

Wouldn't you think that would be a little too late? Who knows if America will even be the same in the next 20-50 years.

Has the integrity of the voting process been compromised or is it that the majority of voting citizens honestly coincide with other candidates.

Although I've only seen clips of some of the debates it seems like Dr. Paul is a favoured candidate for the presidency. Yet it's not reflected in the votes.

Trigger543
01-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I think the only chance he stands is if he gets on someone's ticket as a VP but that might be even less likely than him winning the Presidency.

US_Ranger
01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't you think that would be a little too late? Who knows if America will even be the same in the next 20-50 years.

Has the integrity of the voting process been compromised or is it that the majority of voting citizens honestly coincide with other candidates.

Although I've only seen clips of some of the debates it seems like Dr. Paul is a favoured candidate for the presidency. Yet it's not reflected in the votes.

People my age don't vote. That's just plain and simple fact. Those who do vote are the religious, older crowd. They vote based on: (talking about republicans)

1) Who is the most religious
2) Who will persecute gays the most
3) Who will persecute drug users the most
4) Who wants to run the country based on biblical teaching
5) Who wants to turn Iran, China, North Korea, Canada, Greenland, etc into a glass parking lot first
6) Who will promise them more social security money

Whoever fits the bill on that gets the votes. That's just how it is. Our political system isn't completely hopeless but our voting population is.

Tekkendo
01-28-2012, 12:51 PM

What about these? They are not old people.

mm1KOBMg1Y8

kusok
01-28-2012, 03:41 PM
f_ck! ^^^

We're doomed, aren't we? it's over.

I guess delegates and enough people waking up is all we got going for us.

FARVIN
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Also these!
7zsr0UpVjoE

I can bet that 90% of these people didn't vote.