View Full Version : help identifying body fat percent
01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi, I am a college basketball player about 6-4 198lbs. I am in excellent shape but am trying to lose some of the excess fat that I have from when I was younger. I have attached two photos of myself and was wondering if anyone could help give me an idea of what body fat percent I am around and how much more I would need to lose in order to get to around 8% body fat. I am not flexing in either one but when I am I can clearly see my upper four abs. I still believe I have a little fat in my chest and some in my stomach. When I sit i get a bit of my stomach bulging over my pants. Any help is appreciated thanks.
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
IMHO I would add muscle to that frame. Your probably somewhere around 10% which means your only maybe 5-6lbs off of 8%. But im no expert. Again, add muscle, you'll be happier with your appearance and increase your metabolic rate. Also, google "body fat (us navy) calculator" is a decent way to ball park your lean body mass as well.
Hope I helped, cheers
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Is this an advanced fat loss question?
02-08-2012, 03:06 AM
These are tips that i learned during my first 9 months of cutting in the beginning i was doing the opposite of what i am doing now i was burning muscle instead of fat. Try these tips i went from 195lbs to 145lbs ripped
1. Start doing high intesity cardio this will speed up your metabolism for the entire day
2. Start lifting weights. Weight training builds muscle and muscle burns fat.
3. Drink only water. 0 calories and cleans out your system.
4. Eat every 2 to 3 hours this keeps your metabolism running and helps you burn more fat. Never starve yourself or let yourself get hungry
5. Drink ice cold water after 1 hour of eating this cools down your body and your metabolism stays on to warm your body back up.
6. Do less cardio between 4-15 minutes. To much cardio burns muscle you want to burn fat not muscle.
7. Do 5-15 minutes of high intesity cardio no more than 2 times a day. Go hard if you are not crying your not going hard enough .
8. Eat 20g-30g of protein per meal minimum.
9. Eat good fats, almonds, cashews, peanuts, egg yolks, peanut butter , tuna, fish and flaxseed oil are excellent choices
10. Do cardio right after weight training. You are already in the fat burning zone do 5 more minutes of high intensity to burn some more.
11. Try one or two 0 carb days in the week.
12. Eat only protein, and good fats at night.
13. Stay active.Walk around dont just sit all day
14. Have a cheat day. This should be during the day eat whatever but dont over eat. Never cheat on your days off. You wont be able to burn it off.
15. Rest well. Sleeping and taking 1 or 2 days rest is a must.
16. When weight training try supersets with little rest burns more calories
17. Eat grapefruits
18. 1 apple a day
19. Drink green tea
20. Eat whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potataoes, whole wheat bread
02-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Dude no offense you look like a crack head gain some muscle or weight