PDA

View Full Version : In MAJOR trouble....how can i wiggle out.

boathead
01-11-2012, 10:45 AM
wished my wife a happy first anniversary.

she said: "it was 3 days ago. today is the anniversary of your first marriage".

geer_matt
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Tell her "Ya I know I was celebrating the death of it" lol.

latebloomingmom
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Holy crap! were you married to the first wife for a long time? beg forgiveness, claim senility, buy jewlery.

blkbelt42
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM

lmao!! you're screwed!!!! :D

inb4noodz
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM

lolz. you better get her a really nice gift and take her to dinner.

x-trainer ben
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Pretend today is Valentines day, chocolates(drug store) roses, and a sappy card. Act like you "just" want to do something romantic for her. Don't mention the fk up!

whatevergirl
01-11-2012, 10:52 AM
sincerely apologize. that's all. :o

paolo59
01-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Ouch! :(

boathead
01-11-2012, 10:53 AM
i knew the days were too close together i was gonna screw it up.

geer_matt
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Ya pretty much this, really women don't expect us men to remember dates very well, and I think they look forward to it because they know when we get in trouble we have to make it up to them even more so lol. Better take that half carat back in for a full :)

Old-Time-Lifter
01-11-2012, 11:02 AM
You screwed up when you told her the date of your first marriage.... :eek: why, why, why did you do that. :(

Hopefully it will blow over but why didn't she wish you a happy anniversary 3 days ago?

fwiw, tomorrow is our 21st anniversary. I bought the card last night. :p We stopped doing gifts a long time ago but I will stop and get her flowers on the way home tomorrow.

1st anniversary you my friend have a lot of kissing up to do. :(

blkbelt42
01-11-2012, 11:04 AM
lolz. you better get her a really nice gift and take her to dinner.

what's your other account name?

Iceman1800
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
This can be fixed but it won't be cheap. Flowers and a romantic dinner is the start. Go online and find a local spa. They usually have gift certificates you can print out. A full day with massage, mani and pedi and a facial needs to happen. Don't try to make excuses, just tell her you are sorry and how much better your life is now she is part of it.

geer_matt
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
You screwed up when you told her the date of your first marriage.... :eek: why, why, why did you do that. :(

Hopefully it will blow over but why didn't she wish you a happy anniversary 3 days ago?

fwiw, tomorrow is our 21st anniversary. I bought the card last night. :p We stopped doing gifts a long time ago but I will stop and get her flowers on the way home tomorrow.

1st anniversary you my friend have a lot of kissing up to do. :(
21 years, Congratulations! My longest relationship I think was 3 and a half years. I always seem to sketch out around the 3 year mark. All of the breaking up once it has reached this length is done by me. I don't know why I am so afraid to get married lol.

cozener
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM

she said: "it was 3 days ago. today is the anniversary of your first marriage".http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/8/oh_damn.gif

Meatpants
01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow dude. I think you just tell you're sorry, and you would like to make it up to her. Then never let it happen again.

BWhahahahahahahahaaha!

CaptChip40
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
You are so screwed.

HairyScandinavian
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Tell her you were testing her and ask why she forgot the anniversary 3 days ago? lol nah that probably make it worse. I have no real advice, just wanted to say damn you goofed lol.

sorry :(

paolo59
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/8/oh_damn.gif

LOL This just about sums it up! :)

GnomusMaximus
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
This was not a matter of bad memory, it was a matter of poor planning. Anybody that would get married that close to the date of a previous one was asking for trouble.

HairyScandinavian
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
This was not a matter of bad memory, it was a matter of poor planning. Anybody that would get married that close to the date of a previous one was asking for trouble.

You're right, it's hard enough just to remember a normal anniversary. I got married on January 1st so I would never have a problem, it's worked out well so far and there are always fireworks one way or the other. :p

gray73
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
All the advise here is real good. Admit your mistake, say your sorry and move on.
Early in our relationship I called my current wife by my ex-wife's name. She was pissed at first, but then realized I spent 15 years with the ex. It blew over quickly and was never brought back up, even in arguments.
I am sure your wife will not be mad for long. Good luck.

G500
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
She also forgot too? Right?

KeepItMoving
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Call out your first wife's name whilst you two next make love. She'll forget all about this little incident.

DaniGrrl
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Apologize out your ass, buy jewelry, and send flowers to her at work - it was always a big to-do when one of us girls would have flowers delivered to us in the office. It'll make you look good :) Oh, and attach a sappy(but heartfelt) message with the flowers.

Brackneyc
01-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Have her start a thread here. Seems to be popular these days for wives (and sons) to do that.

thepowerwithin
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Time in the dog house heals all wounds. She'll get over it, and you really didn't mean to hurt her. Surely, with time, she'll know and understand that.

Hang in there.

themyth2009
01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
I honestly would not want to be married to anyone that would make a big out of it. Just say hey I screwed up things happen and people make mistakes.

eomrat
01-11-2012, 01:35 PM

This

john-t-b
01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Book a cruise, bring roses, buy big diamond, beg for forgiveness.

Good luck.

sfuller94
01-11-2012, 01:55 PM

^^THIS^^...anything else will seem like needless groveling. Ask her where she'd like you to take her to dinner this weekend.

I've been married 26 years. I've forgotten her birthday, anniversaries, etc. Don't sweat it. Always being her rock. This will go miles farther than remembering her birthday or anniversary.

But, damn it! Remember your anniversary next time!

GuyJin
01-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Do you have a spare place to stay?

How's your life insurance?

Is your wife physically bigger than you are and/or does she have any special how-to-kill-silently training?

:D

Seriously, you made a mistake. Suck it up, apologize like all get-out, and hope it blows over.

boathead
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
good stuff, peeps. i'm screwed for awhile, but i pull stuff like this all the time. though it's my first anniversary, we've been together for 10 years, so she knows my deal.

and wtf....who the hell took the time to rate this thread? unreal.

litljay
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
LOL! Sorry Boat, that sucks, but I might have a solution.

In this day and age with computers everywhere, put it in the Calendar program and set the reminder for 2 days prior. Most calendar programs can set a "recurring event".

I do this for just about everything I'm supposed to remember, then sync my phone and my phone tells me when I'm about to screw up.

Good luck.

super_tactical
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Hate to break it to you, but there is no way out. This will be brought up at your eulogy.

My eulogy would be only several days away from making the remark, consider yourself lucky. ;)

Brackneyc
01-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Srsly, if she ever brings it up as anything more than a joke after this, I'd be very shocked. It is isn't like you called her by another woman's name, during.....

crupiea
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Do nothing about it. When a champion is knocked down he doesnt grovel about it, he gets back up.

make sure not to make the same mistake a second time.

Dr.Griefo
01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Holy crap! were you married to the first wife for a long time? beg forgiveness, claim senility, buy jewlery.

^^^^This!

cowboybiker
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Apologize and make up for it the best you can.

Betcha dont do it next year ;)

Corbi
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Tell her to get the fuk over it and get your ass back in the kitchen.

I don't remember the date of my 1st marriage but my wife knows it for some screwed up reason.

tmonkey
01-11-2012, 05:20 PM
i would act pissed and ask her why she forgot

wait you blew that chance too

freebirdmac
01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
So she played a game with you by not telling you on your anniversary that it was your anniversary? She's not off the hook in my book. It's not all on you.

I'm with the others, apologize. Easy to forget dates and very easy to screw up dates that close together (wtf were you thinking anyway?). All this buy stuff advice is crap. If she won't laugh and let it go then the two of you have some work to do.

flairon
01-11-2012, 06:07 PM

ouch. Yeah, you're going to pay for that one. This is probably going to require diamonds...or at least gold. Nah you better go with diamonds, you're lucky you're still able to read this.

StressMonkey
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
In this day and age with computers everywhere, put it in the Calendar program and set the reminder for 2 days prior. Most calendar programs can set a "recurring event".

This is exactly what I was going to say! Never, ever mix it up again! :)

latebloomingmom
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Srsly, if she ever brings it up as anything more than a joke after this, I'd be very shocked. It is isn't like you called her by another woman's name, during.....
grocery shopping?
a picnic?
the last time you went to Disney?:)

NYkarate
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Can't imagine how to parachute out of that one.

Oceanside
01-11-2012, 08:34 PM

you mean she didn't wish you a happy anniversary 3 days ago ?

what's up with that ?

NYkarate
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
you mean she didn't wish you a happy anniversary 3 days ago ?

what's up with that ?

Best way to look at it.

kimm4
01-11-2012, 09:38 PM
So she played a game with you by not telling you on your anniversary that it was your anniversary? She's not off the hook in my book. It's not all on you.

I'm with the others, apologize. Easy to forget dates and very easy to screw up dates that close together (wtf were you thinking anyway?). All this buy stuff advice is crap. If she won't laugh and let it go then the two of you have some work to do.

I completely agree with this!^^

You're sorry, you effed up and move foward. But she effed up too...

Old-Time-Lifter
01-12-2012, 05:06 AM
My wife just beat me to the draw and wished me happy anniversary first.... but I trumped her as I had a card already and she usually buys a card on the day of our anniversary and gives it to me after work.

Didn't tell her I am planning on celebrating this evening by going to the gym. ;) :D LOL

Hope there's room in that doghouse with the OP....... LMAO

thomashenry
01-12-2012, 06:57 AM

she said: "it was 3 days ago. today is the anniversary of your first marriage". Well you totally F&^ked that up :} my Immediate thought would be, a sincere apology, A Bouquet of Red Roses, A very Nice Dinner at a VERY NICE restaurant a Meaningful Gift perhaps, maybe a weekend at a nice Hotel----Hell I don`t know just some suggestions, face it, you screwed the pooch, sorry dude

Frnkd
01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Apoloize....give her that look when you first met her......grovel a little bit...than have make up sex..tell us next year how it went.

Mindi912
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I never understood that. Why is it always on the man to remember?

Why can't the woman be the one to say happy anniversary first?

Also I'm awful with dates and the only reason I just about remembered our wedding date is because it was 10 days before my dad's birthday, and he's lucky I remember that lol.

CaptChip40
01-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I never understood that. Why is it always on the man to remember?

Why can't the woman be the one to say happy anniversary first?

Also I'm awful with dates and the only reason I just about remembered our wedding date is because it was 10 days before my dad's birthday, and he's lucky I remember that lol.

Be careful your'e going to have your woman card revoked if you keep that up.

Mindi912
01-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Be careful your'e going to have your woman card revoked if you keep that up.

LOL well it's not fair, if I can barely remember then why should he. Try to remember together then no one can get mad.

jdtemple
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't have any advice on how to fix it. But come on man...get a calendar. :)

plumher
01-12-2012, 04:58 PM

dont even listen to that hogwash. You start that crap this early in the marriage and you'll be doing it the rest of your life. Every time you flub something up she'll be expecting shinydomething to hang or drape around another one of her many appendages

plumher
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Apoloize....give her that look when you first met her......grovel a little bit...than have make up sex..tell us next year how it went.

I'd start with the makeup sex first. Depending on how that goes may determine what kind of look you give her and who will be doing the groveling.

srs, you're in the doghouse for a bit. Apologize yes, but never grovel. Thats for woosified guys.

Coming from a 24 yr veteran with a very demanding woman.

Mk35
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
She also forgot too? Right?

they never forget.

Nalu
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I completely agree with this!^^

You're sorry, you effed up and move foward. But she effed up too...

Wow, you ladies are blowing the curve..I did not expect this.
I thought it was mandatory that men are always wrong..period
I don't how for act!!(in my best pidgin.)

harleygirl
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I agree with the FreeBird, Kimm and Mindi....apologize, give her a kiss and move on.

To those of you who suggested jewelry...why in the world would you buy a piece of jewelry to commemorate a mistake you made so that everytime she looks at it she can remember to make you pay for it a little bit again.