PDA

View Full Version : Velocityrob rolls his own with Cellucor M5 Extreme 2-in-1

velocityrob
12-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Velocityrob rolls his own with Cellucor M5 Extreme 2-in-1

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn275/velocityrob/IMAG1352.jpg

As soon as I heard about this product, I was very interested to try it. CellucorMike asked if I wanted to try it....and I was ALL OVER THAT!!

First- a little about this unique product.
Store listing is here-
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/m5-extreme-2-in-1.html
Check out the differences in the 2-part product- pump and creatine delivered in the Build formula, and the energy and focus in the separate Ignite formula.

The product
Cellucor scrapped their metal cans recently. But the packaging is still very different- its a cool plastic/chrome with bold labels with a cabon fiber pattern. :D
The actual container makes SO MUCH SENSE! Top portion has the Ignite formula and a teeny tiny scooper. Bottom portion (about 2/3 of the total container) has the Build formula and a larger scooper.

What I love:
The concept. Its an effective non-stim preWO, and add the stims as needed: as much as YOU need, or need at the moment.

The Build formula is not wrapped in a proprietary blend. You know exactly how much of each ingredient you're taking. This is rare and great for the end user.

M5 mixes easily with a spoon, a little foam that dissolved right away, very little sediment left in the glass.
The Cherry Limeade taste is mild and tangy and a good change from the normal preWO flavors.

After 4 tries I found my perfect dosing: 1 heaping scoop of Build and 3 level scoops of Ignite. :eek:
Kids- don't try this at home. I'm a stim junkie and a lot larger than the average guy in the gym. I strongly advise to start with one scoop of Build and Ignite and increase the stim portion if needed. ;)

I lifted a little heavier while using M5; reps usually in the 5-8 range. Muscle pumps seemed about the same. What stood out for me was the quality of energy, and how much stronger I lifted. I didn't break any PRs but I did lift a good bit more than I have recently. I didn't seem to lose strength as the workout went on; I was able to go fairly heavy on each exercise. And the energy- 3 scoops came on real well! My longest time in the gym was a little over 90 minutes and I never needed to slow down (aside from recovery between sets). Solid, plentiful, delicious energy and drive. I felt great and looked forward to the next set. AND- no crash. In fact, I never noticed the Ignite blend wearing off. It had a very smooth taper-off.

Well, lets talk about the cost. Price in the BB.com store is $75. Use a 10% coupon to drop the price to $67.50. That is 30 full and honest servings for $2.25 a use. For a product this good, its absolutely worth $2.25 per workout.

SwolenONE
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
I too have been pleasantly surprised with their products, M5 was/is solid (I had an old version that was not 2 in 1).

I also enjoyed your thread title, the forums would be a much more dull place without you!

velocityrob
12-19-2011, 04:17 AM
I too have been pleasantly surprised with their products, M5 was/is solid (I had an old version that was not 2 in 1).

I also enjoyed your thread title, the forums would be a much more dull place without you!

:)
Thanks Tim! I like to have a little fun with my logs and reviews. This is a great preWO and was real fun to use and tweak .

SwolenONE
12-19-2011, 04:43 AM
I bet, I like the 2 in 1 concept.

MikeCellucor
12-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the feeback bro! All done without 1,3-Dimethylamylamine as well. Not easy....but we had so much feedback/experience with C4, I like to think of M5 2in1 as the Evolution of C4, plus the classic feel of M5 and its lean mass building.

Thanks for taking the time to review it.

velocityrob
12-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the feeback bro! All done without 1,3-Dimethylamylamine as well. Not easy....but we had so much feedback/experience with C4, I like to think of M5 2in1 as the Evolution of C4, plus the classic feel of M5 and its lean mass building.

Thanks for taking the time to review it.

Cellucor nailed this. A unique idea and packaging would have been a fail with a fantastic formula. And as you said- no 1,3 dimeth. :D

MikeCellucor
12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Cellucor nailed this. A unique idea and packaging would have been a fail with a fantastic formula. And as you said- no 1,3 dimeth. :D

When we were designing it...it was like " What do you mean we cant use 1,3 in it...??" now its like ....good thing we were forced to do it early, lol.

velocityrob
12-22-2011, 10:48 AM
When we were designing it...it was like " What do you mean we cant use 1,3 in it...??" now its like ....good thing we were forced to do it early, lol.

Good foresight. I think the smarter companies have seen this coming, and either has reformations pending, or all new products ready to replace the (wonderful) 1,3 dimeth.

SwolenONE
12-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Mike, we are formulating a couple products right now and also finding that it may be hard, but is worthwhile to avoid the 1,3 at this point in time. I'm really excited to try this product, especially as only about half of the time I use stims preWO and other times I use them to stay awake at work lol. The 2 in 1 aspect will really come in handy for somebody such as myself!