PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have a seriously slow month?

volitionfitness
12-15-2011, 07:50 AM
just making sure its not just me... been at this for a long time and this is by far the worst December ive ever had. still have a good amount of clients on the books, but zero - literally zero phone calls from after Thanksgiving till now. Usually good for at least one call a day on weekdays, topping google/yahoo/bing, and its just grinding to a halt

Nate R.
12-15-2011, 08:14 AM
just making sure its not just me... been at this for a long time and this is by far the worst December ive ever had. still have a good amount of clients on the books, but zero - literally zero phone calls from after Thanksgiving till now. Usually good for at least one call a day on weekdays, topping google/yahoo/bing, and its just grinding to a halt

I completely agree. December sucks. Everyone is shopping, doing family things, sick etc... Also notice a lot of cancellations because of those things.

But once new years hits we get all the new year resolution people looking to change :)

WoofieNugget
12-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I always assume December is going to be slow. November busy, December not at all, and then it picks up again around Jan 15th. Enjoy the downtime and work on other things you never have time for.

Chachibenji
12-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Same.
I dislike this month. Im struggling to hit quota just on old business, because people are either gone for the holidays or sick in some cases.
Jan-Mar should be a good time though, thats what everyone keeps sayin.

tylerpritchard_7
12-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Try an "until new years promotion". Referrals get free sessions, or a 10-15% deal. Someone buys 20 sessions they get 3 free.

December sucks.

HollisterHB
12-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I work in a commercial gym and December is very slow with very little new members.

I'm trying to stockpile sessions before christmas so I can hit my quota for the month. company minimums are stressful as fuk especially since im fairly new in the industry.

UtahTrainer
12-15-2011, 01:37 PM
December is slow, I've learned to embrace it. Don't stress out. This is my 3rd December and each year I have a bit more retention. I've had 3 consultations this month, however they were all in preparation for the new year. I do not expect to sign anyone up for December that's just how it goes. I enjoy the slow December. Gives me time to focus on my marketing and business goals for the New Year.

Also, gift certificates. I don't sell them much but its something. Today I sold one to a Woman getting a gift for her husband.