PDA

View Full Version : The period. The water. How can we stop this?

CherryDeadly
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I train for MMA. Everytime my period comes around my weights up about 8lb, my diet wont change much but the water still comes. I have cut ass much salt as possible, tighten my diet and even put an extra mile on my morning walk. Still, the water comes. Oddly its always around weigh ins and I NEED to be on point. What else can I do to stop the water from coming?

kimm4
11-17-2011, 11:15 PM
I train for MMA. Everytime my period comes around my weights up about 8lb, my diet wont change much but the water still comes. I have cut ass much salt as possible, tighten my diet and even put an extra mile on my morning walk. Still, the water comes. Oddly its always around weigh ins and I NEED to be on point. What else can I do to stop the water from coming?

Diet wise, it's all about eating the right amount of calories based on your individual goal. You need to keep salt in your diet. Cutting back too much salt causes the body to retain more water. It's needed to keep your electrolytes in balance...very important. To help shed some water increase your normal water intake and pull out a few starchy carbs from your diet. Throw in some celery, onion, eggplant, asparagus and watermelon...these are used as natural diuretics. I would also suggest using dandelion root, it's main purpose is to help control fluid balance.

Best of luck!