PDA

View Full Version : Need help motivating after a hard days work

skichris01
11-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi all, i've just joined BB.com so i can track workouts / upload progress pics etc, share opinions/ideas and use the knowledge you guys all have gained to help improve my body and increase in size.

My biggest problem is once i get home from work, and I've entertained my son, cooked dinner, tidied up bla bla bla, is i'm KNACKERED and find i have to force myself to workout.

I end up not finishing until gone 11pm most nights as it takes a while to coax myself into starting (often dont start until 9pm or later)...I'm determined to get into fantastic shape, but its just so hard to get going - have any of you guys got any tips / ideas that'll help me?

Thanks all!

Happy working out!

avodo
11-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm in a similar situation. I work as a labourer and usually I'm completely ****ed before I even set foot in the gym. I don't get home until 10 PM, and then I have to cook all my food and eat food, which means I only get around 5 hours sleep, then I have to do it all over again.

But my goals mean EVERYTHING to me. Nothing whatsoever will stop me. Nothing. I don't really have any tips ufortunately, other than load of up caffeine, but just ask yourself how much you want this and that should be enough motivation to hit the gym.

Keep it up bro!

1rdBrah
11-02-2011, 06:24 AM
You're knackered after entertaining your son and cooking dinner?

Try working a 12 hour day lifting heavy ass tank parts in the freezing cold, doing nearly 2 hours of phys starting at 7am beforehand then hitting the gym till 8.30pm when you're finished. Speed marching in the pissing rain 12 miles carrying 25kg is knackering, mulling around your warm house after a day in the office is not.

Here's my tip, you WILL find 2 hours out of each day for YOURSELF, you WILL take these 2 hours at the EXACT same time DAILY, these 2 hours CANNOT be interrupted for ANY reason, they are IMPERATIVE to you and you WILL work AROUND them.

Now decide when your 2 hours are going to be. Simples. The rest (discipline) is up to you. Now go.

Oh and if you can't find 2 hours out of a 24 hour day then here's some advice from Arnold Schwarzenegger;

'Sleep faster'.

skichris01
11-03-2011, 12:53 PM
who said i worked in an office?!! o work 10 hour days in noisy dirty factory - none of that pussy office cr*p, its hard graft.

lsmo_guy
11-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I was unaware (I had an idea), so looked it up to share with others .....

Definition of KNACKERED
British
: tired, exhausted
See knackered defined for English-language learners
Examples of KNACKERED

She was too knackered to join them for dinner.
<I'm absolutely knackered, so no pub-crawling for me tonight.>

Origin of KNACKERED
English slang knacker to kill, tire, perhaps from knacker, noun
First Known Use: 1886

1rdBrah
11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
who said i worked in an office?!! o work 10 hour days in noisy dirty factory - none of that pussy office cr*p, its hard graft.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, the more you tell yourself you're knackered the more you will feel it, start psyching yourself up for the gym while you're at work, you should be raring to go by the time you finish your shift. You posted that at 8.53pm, what were you doing? Have you decided on your 2 hours yet? Without consistency you will not succeed, you need to decide and stick to it. I have around a 4-5 hour window in a day where I can go to the gym, that includes my dinner time, relaxation time and my self-study. I know of 2 gyms within a 20 minute drive that are open 24/7. I fail to see what your problem is, is it just that you get tired? Drink a couple espressos, an energy drink or a PWO shake. It sounds like you already have the motivation, what you're lacking is discipline. With full-on jobs like ours you need a cast-iron regime, find out, if you can, what hours you'll be working for as far ahead in advance as you can then map your gym sessions around that.

skichris01
11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
sweet, thanks for the proverbial kick up the arse - i think that's all i need tbh.

I'll plan ahead, and just knuckle down, and man up!!

BRING IT ON!!