PDA

View Full Version : Mental Fatigue in Gym

livetoliftsd
11-01-2011, 02:36 PM
How do you guys deal with mental fatigue in the gym. Like i will work out 3 days strait but the 3rd day my mind just seems tired...effects my lifting.

Thanks!

KarmicEffects
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
If you have a bad day, make it a point to come back and destroy the weights next session, it always works for me and I have a **** day probably twice a month....also bringing someone with you helps sometimes

livetoliftsd
11-01-2011, 04:26 PM
If you have a bad day, make it a point to come back and destroy the weights next session, it always works for me and I have a **** day probably twice a month....also bringing someone with you helps sometimes

Thanks! Just trying to push myself everytime as much as i can and somedays just feel like my brain wont let me think that i can do it

shoefanatic23
11-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Have you deloaded or taken a break from the gym yet? I was getting burnt out going 5x a week for about 8-10 weeks straight. Took the time to deload properly and came back fresh this week.

livetoliftsd
11-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Have you deloaded or taken a break from the gym yet? I was getting burnt out going 5x a week for about 8-10 weeks straight. Took the time to deload properly and came back fresh this week.

how do you deload properly?

bcollins2011
11-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure about deloading to tell you the truth, but as far as mental and physical fatigue goes, I usually take a week off. That is what I am doing this week. I have a cold I'm trying to get over, my lifts just were not there yesterday, and my mind was starting to wander.. I have been going strong for 10 months. For me, a week off is just what I need. Next week I'm over the cold, and my body is refreshed ready to be in the best shape of my life by January..

So basically, maybe all you need is a week off to recharge the batteries brah.. Always remember that this is a lifelong journey so a week here and there to heal is a good thing.

Good luck..

NoOneCares
11-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Like they were saying recharge bro. I lifted hard for a while and didn't take a break and pretty soon I couldnt sleep and my nervous system was firing randomly had crazy dreams, weird ****. Take a break or deload by doing less weight by about 20-30 lbs to give your muscle a break.

livetoliftsd
11-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks everyone!

UWsteve2009
11-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I agree, take time to let your muscles heal. I just took a week off because I couldn't sleep or focus. My workouts this week have been better than 2 weeks ago. You'll be fine, just be patient.

livetoliftsd
11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
lol just hard to force myself not to go to the gym