PDA

View Full Version : (Xbox) Need help with trying to insall BF3 HD content

samarrand
10-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Every time I attempt to install the high definition content onto my xbox hard drive, a prompt pops up saying that it only allows it to save onto "xbox hard drive"....Any tips on how I can trouble shoot this problem???

I would greatly appreciate! + would rep many times.

Update: Found the problem

So I've been reading other forums and here is the fuarking problem.

To summarize: MS/bf3 is fuarking the consumer. Basically, the 4gb xbox is not a HDD so it cannot install high definition content onto it. Therefor, you must purchase an addition or replacement HDD in order to play the game in high definition. Such bullshiit.

tapout17
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
You need a xbox Hard drive to stream the textures. Are you using a thumb drive?

samarrand
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM
You need a xbox Hard drive to stream the textures. Are you using a thumb drive?

Yeah brah, I'm attempting to d/l onto the actual xbox hard drive not any other storage device which I don't even have connected onto the xbox. That is why I'm asking for help. I'm really trying to avoid from having to format my drive....

tapout17
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah brah, I'm attempting to d/l onto the actual xbox hard drive not any other storage device which I don't even have connected onto the xbox. That is why I'm asking for help. I'm really trying to avoid from having to format my drive....

Never heard of this before. You do have 15gbs?

samarrand
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Never heard of this before. You do have 15gbs?

:( unfortunately I only have the 4GB drive. I got the xbox free when I purchased my sony vaio...

Preban_AR15
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
:( unfortunately I only have the 4GB drive. I got the xbox free when I purchased on sony vaio...

If you're talking about the 4gb drive that's part of the internal unit, it won't work.

samarrand
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
If you're talking about the 4gb drive that's part of the internal unit, it won't work.

Yes I am, why not????

tapout17
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
:( unfortunately I only have the 4GB drive. I got the xbox free when I purchased on sony vaio...

Don't worry about it. The differences are not too noticeable unless you are looking at the textures up close, I'm sure the distraction of the battle will come into play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBvrvqWZEmc

Preban_AR15
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes I am, why not????

Something about the xbox recognizes the internal memory as a flash drive instead of a harddrive. Someone explained it in the other thread. All I know is that I'd be pissed if I had the internal drive. Does anyone know if the hard drive from the white xbox fit on the newer black ones? My dad has the black one and I'll probably buy him an old harddrive so he can install the patch.

tapout17
10-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Something about the xbox recognizes the internal memory as a flash drive instead of a harddrive. Someone explained it in the other thread. All I know is that I'd be pissed if I had the internal drive. Does anyone know if the hard drive from the white xbox fit on the newer black ones? My dad has the black one and I'll probably buy him an old harddrive so he can install the patch.

The Slim? No here is the slim drive...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/gamxboxhdd250530.jpg

samarrand
10-26-2011, 04:02 PM
So I've been reading other forums and here is the fuarking problem.

To summarize: MS/bf3 is fuarking the consumer. Basically, the 4gb xbox is not a HDD so it cannot install high definition content onto it. Therefor, you must purchase an additional (or replacement} HDD in order to play the game in high definition. Such bullshiit.