PDA

View Full Version : This is really slow going

Mack674
10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Question/Scenario for anybody that lean gains,

Not really getting frustrated yet at this point but maybe im just expecting too much at this stage.

I just finished a cut during the summer for maybe 10 weeks and dropped about 12lbs, my lifts all remained relatively the same if not increased a little bit. For the last 6-7 weeks I've been back to a calorie surplus of about 500-1000, sometimes more lately because I havn't gained one pound in that time. Maybe I've gained .5 a lb, it's that small of a difference I can't even tell.

I've been training for a couple years now but only the last 1 year or so properly. Does it really take this long naturally after you've been training a while? I figured maybe 2-3lbs a month or at least thats what I was going for. I just wanted to gain lean mass slowly, so im not going to respond to any eat 6000 calories a day theories.

Could my days of significant lift and size increases month to month be behind me already ? I see and know other guys around that are a similar height but are at least 10lbs of lean mass heavier and much stronger. It either took them 5 years to get there, or I'm missing something...

hurricane211
10-26-2011, 04:05 PM
My only suggestion is to slightly increase your intake if you don't see results. Still don't see them, them up the cals again. I understand your wanting to keep the bodyfat down. What kind of job do you have, on your feet or seated?

Mack674
10-27-2011, 06:52 AM
My only suggestion is to slightly increase your intake if you don't see results. Still don't see them, them up the cals again. I understand your wanting to keep the bodyfat down. What kind of job do you have, on your feet or seated?

Job is in a quiet period right now for lack of better words - i have pretty awesome control over how much I burn each day. Not doing a whole lot besides the gym right now but I could if I wanted. It's funny, the day after I post this I jumped 1.5lbs literally, over night.

hurricane211
10-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Job is in a quiet period right now for lack of better words - i have pretty awesome control over how much I burn each day. Not doing a whole lot besides the gym right now but I could if I wanted. It's funny, the day after I post this I jumped 1.5lbs literally, over night.

Since it is controled, like I said slightly increase your cals. Good luck in anything you do! Keep me updated. You got this, don't get discouraged!