PDA

View Full Version : Friend and I discussing the use of Adderall... (question)

trevatandy
10-25-2011, 01:15 PM
I understand that students use it to gain an edge in class when they do not "need" it. However for those with ADD/ADHD that take it, does it give them an unfair advantage in school against normal kids that do not take it? Or does adderall/ridalin and other adhd drugs merely take them to a level that everyone else is at already?

WanaBswole
10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I guess this falls under the realm of Science. Well I believe for someone with ADD/ADHD the medication brings them up to par with their classmates that ARE able to focus and concentrate on things....

trevatandy
10-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I guess this falls under the realm of Science. Well I believe for someone with ADD/ADHD the medication brings them up to par with their classmates that ARE able to focus and concentrate on things....Cool that's interesting, I don't know of any research on it/I haven't been able to find any =/

Aje403
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
It's really semantical if you think about it. All that can be stated is that is improves performance.

Ceebizcut
10-25-2011, 05:34 PM
I think of it like this. Put yourself at a 0 on a graph, and an ADHD a few notches lower in your ability in the classroom

0 - OP
-3 - Some kid

Theres no line drawn on how bad you have to be able to focus to get medication
But if some kid is at a -3 on the "focus list"
If he takes like 30MG of adderall he may be able to focus as a 0 on the list.
But if a 0 on the list took the same dosage, they'd be a positive 3. If that makes sense

trevatandy
10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
I think of it like this. Put yourself at a 0 on a graph, and an ADHD a few notches lower in your ability in the classroom

0 - OP
-3 - Some kid

Theres no line drawn on how bad you have to be able to focus to get medication
But if some kid is at a -3 on the "focus list"
If he takes like 30MG of adderall he may be able to focus as a 0 on the list.
But if a 0 on the list took the same dosage, they'd be a positive 3. If that makes sense
Oh ok cool, i'll take your numbering with a grain of salt though because we aren't quite sure how much attention it gives. Mostly i've heard it as a miracle focus pill.
Thanks for the info helps me understand it more.

obmas
10-25-2011, 06:21 PM
If I had access to adderall when I was getting educated, I would have abused that shiet.

NeverStopMoving
10-25-2011, 06:45 PM
adderall is not a miracle focus pill, its amphetamine.

literally, it is Alpha-Methyl-PHEnyleThylAMINE (look at the caps).

dude, its just speed. get over it. If you've seen one speed freak, you've seen em all :D