PDA

View Full Version : Yay, I can now play Dota 2

th3pwn3r
10-23-2011, 10:57 AM
So since my cousin was a bit of a big deal in HoN his old team leader was able to get 6 beta keys for their team to go over to Dota2. Lucky me since my cousin's stuff is basically my stuff so I'll be borrowing his Steam account when he's not playing himself. I played ES for about 10 seconds after my cousin and his ally threw the game, I couldn't even get a fukin fissure off before dying due to Clock mini-stunning me and breaking my cast time :( The game seemed really laggy and unresponsive, that being said, don't be too bummed out about not being able to play the beta but I'll keep you guys posted.

laughin_man
10-23-2011, 11:00 AM
i hate you

kr1kit
10-23-2011, 11:03 AM
oh you fancy huh?

im jelly :(

hughjack3dmannn
10-23-2011, 11:04 AM
jelly brah

hows it in comparison to Defense of the ancients?

th3pwn3r
10-23-2011, 11:09 AM
If it were my account I'd lend it out to some brahs. I'll see if I can get a key of my own soon, just gotta wine and dine these guys when I play on my cousin's account

jelly brah

hows it in comparison to Defense of the ancients?

Well, like a lot of betas...very rough. Scrolling seemed TERRIBLE, controlling my hero just to move him seemed like a damn project and like I said there was really heavy lag/delay. I had only played a little bit myself but my cousin said there is massive delay and it's a bit unresponsive and he played a ton of games last night so his opinion is a lot better than mine of course that's what any feeding noob would say.

I'll get some games in and as I do update this thread.

LiftHeavy85
10-23-2011, 11:48 AM
u prob just suck

B1ackJack
10-23-2011, 12:30 PM
How does it compare to HoN and LoL? (even though I don't care for LoL, still want to hear your opinion)

th3pwn3r
10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
u prob just suck

Well, I'm retarded so I wouldn't imagine being very good at the game.

How does it compare to HoN and LoL? (even though I don't care for LoL, still want to hear your opinion)

Just played one and went Rhasta, I had no clue how to even buy items haha(you have to right click them which seems weird). On top of getting to my lane late...they made me go mid haha. I go mid and it's a 2v1 lane with Skele King and Puck, somehow I won mid and we raped, yay, was fun brahs.

Anyhow, like I mentioned earlier, really laggy and the game seems a bit unresponsive. It seems like there's quite a bit of delay between my inputs and the units actions. It was lagging pretty badly for most people in that match. Graphic wise I like the look personally. Communication with pubs was non-existent, I was calling all lanes and calling runes, nobody else was which isn't surprising of pub players but eh, same with any Dota based game it seems.The match making system crashed twice(similar to HoN) while I was trying to get into a game but the third try worked. What's cool is you can actually WATCH a live game in play while waiting for a match to be found, definitely makes waiting no big deal. Courier use is really bad/glitchy so far, I couldn't get it to drop my boots unless I used hot keys, dat E, SHIFT+R!