PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3 collectors edition revealed

kr1kit
10-23-2011, 01:44 AM
It was revealed a couple days ago, it doesn't look very impressive to me.. For a title as anticipated and massive as Diablo 3, I was hoping for something a little more special. Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised... It's pretty much the EXACT same as Starcraft II collectors edition, and every other WoW expansion collectors edition.

http://kotaku.com/5852186/the-ultimate-edition-of-diablo-iii-is-stuffed-probably-expensive

If I still played WoW, I'd be incredibly excited about the mini shaman pet though.. :(

ChristmasFnatic
10-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Im getting it. It got SC2 portraits too as well, and aesthetics for your D3 character. Blizzard art books are great too! And Blu-ray of making of?! Im in!!!

Ago
10-23-2011, 02:29 AM
Im going to get collectors just for the sake of it, those pets are indeed rubbish,since i don't play wow anymore myself.
But i was a great fan of d2 + lod & i think it would be nice to get my first collectors edition on d3,

The cinematics they make still... drools..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhWqmVeDno

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2011, 02:37 AM
im pissed azmodan is a fatty

hankst
10-23-2011, 02:51 AM

He's not fat, he's bulking.

And I'm so pre-ordering that shiz..

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2011, 02:53 AM
He's not fat, he's bulking.

And I'm so pre-ordering that shiz..

dont u see dat dere gyno
his design is kinda cool, reminds me of a cross between baal and duriel but hes just fat. wtf and now they also made diablo a girl. wtf.

DartBoard
10-23-2011, 02:54 AM
Im going to get collectors just for the sake of it, those pets are indeed rubbish,since i don't play wow anymore myself.
But i was a great fan of d2 + lod & i think it would be nice to get my first collectors edition on d3,

The cinematics they make still... drools..

[video=youtube;nlhWqmVeDno]http://www.youtube.co

holy fuuuuuuuuuu

hankst
10-23-2011, 02:57 AM
wtf and now they also made diablo a girl. wtf.

I think that's an interesting approach. Diablo is still male, but apparently chose a female vessel this time 'round. I guess this will take the boss fight from the brutish, slow style that we had in the last two games to a faster paced experience.

Let's wait and see :D.

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2011, 02:59 AM
*spoiler alert*

the vessel is leah

hankst
10-23-2011, 03:02 AM
^ you sure? I don't think so. I think it will be Adria, her mother (the witch from D1). Leah is "too hot", and too young. I don't think Blizz will Diablo-fy her.

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2011, 03:06 AM
no adria is dead *confirmed*

leah is not confirmed but all signs point to it.

damlurker
10-23-2011, 03:06 AM
who is this azmodean phaggot?
lesser evil? pfft.. never heard of him..

Num3n
10-23-2011, 03:17 AM

ya i really didnt imagine him as looking like that. imo he looks way too similiar to that dude from warcraft 3 that demon dude that killed grom hellscream.

Num3n
10-23-2011, 03:18 AM

azmodan is a name that appears in the bible as a demon

baal, baalzebub, azmodan, belial, satan, lucifer - are all demons names. idk where they got the name mephisto though

edit- why are you guys saying diablo is a girl? i didnt get that at all from the video. perhaps you are misinterpreting it, unless im missing a piece of the puzzle here.

and WOW, far cry from the dark dark dark days of old diablo =( i miss the evil sinister cinematics like this:

EFWZpRtt6_M

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2011, 03:23 AM
azmodan is a name that appears in the bible as a demon

baal, baalzebub, azmodan, belial, satan, lucifer - are all demons names. idk where they got the name mephisto though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephistopheles

hankst
10-23-2011, 03:58 AM
no adria is dead *confirmed*

leah is not confirmed but all signs point to it.

Did not know that Adria is that, damn. But I never cared for lore in Diablo that much anyway. How did she die? Any geek Diablo wiki links?

But imho making Leah the new vessel would be a dick move, considering she seems to quite close to the player character in the game. We will see... ;)

laughin_man
10-23-2011, 04:25 AM
I think that's an interesting approach. Diablo is still male, but apparently chose a female vessel this time 'round. I guess this will take the boss fight from the brutish, slow style that we had in the last two games to a faster paced experience.

Let's wait and see :D.

lol my boss fights with diablo were as frantic as they get. mindlessly chuggin potions, running around like a madman, all the while swearing while little bits of spit splash the screen . . . ahh good times

hankst
10-23-2011, 04:26 AM
"move out of the red shiz and fire" was always a good starting point :D

laughin_man
10-23-2011, 04:42 AM
"move out of the red shiz and fire" was always a good starting point :D

its kinda hard when youre playing as a barbarian, you have so small window of opportunity to exchange blows with that red phaggot and even then he hits like a truck

Vic1ous
10-23-2011, 04:45 AM

hes a lesser evil on the same level as andariel, duriel, and belial. we killed andariel and duriel in diablo 2 (acts 1 & 2) belial is yet to be revealed and will probably be in diablo 3 somewhere, could be an expansion

they overthrew the three prime evils and sent there spirits to the earth realm. azmodan and belial fought for leadership of hell.

---

imo diablo is leah. the way azmodan talks to her sounds strange.

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2011, 12:04 PM
hes a lesser evil on the same level as andariel, duriel, and belial. we killed andariel and duriel in diablo 2 (acts 1 & 2) belial is yet to be revealed and will probably be in diablo 3 somewhere, could be an expansion

they overthrew the three prime evils and sent there spirits to the earth realm. azmodan and belial fought for leadership of hell.

---

imo diablo is leah. the way azmodan talks to her sounds strange.
belial is revealed dude

http://www.diablofans.com/news/944-diablo-iii-lore-panel/

http://www.diablofans.com/uploads/gallery/album_72/gallery_37842_72_1022394.png

Vic1ous
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
belial is revealed dude

http://www.diablofans.com/news/944-diablo-iii-lore-panel/

[img]http://www.diablofans.com/uploads/gallery/album_72/gallery_37842_72_1022394.png[img]

in-game i mean. we killed 2 lesser evils and the other 2 haven't shown up yet.

Lachdanan
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the new witch doctor character doesn't have the charisma of D2's necromancer? Still gonna chose that though.

Impudent
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
it just seems like this game doesn't have the same "feel" of the previous diablos.. not as dark, catered to noobs somewhat, simplified :(

WWUCasey
10-23-2011, 10:33 PM
wow either i forgot everything from d2 or I never paid attention to lore as a kid.

hankst
10-23-2011, 10:33 PM
it just seems like this game doesn't have the same "feel" of the previous diablos.. not as dark, catered to noobs somewhat, simplified :(

That's bull****, and you know it.
- Diablo 2 was as colourful as it gets. Purple armor, green models, cow level, bright levels. I think most people fail to realize that the "gritty, dirty look" was caused by the 800*600 screen resolution :p.
- Simplified? There are literally hundreds of thousands of possible skill/rune combinations. In D2 you picked a build and dumped all your skill points into two or three base skills. Now that was simple. Same for stat points. Just enough strength to be able to wear your gear, if you have a shield dex until you achieve max block rate, and the rest into vitality. There were no real options if you were taking it somewhat "seriously".
- Catered to noobs? Dunno. Inferno is said to be pretty hard. We can't judge that yet.

(no fanboy)

Impudent
10-23-2011, 11:03 PM
- Diablo 2 was as colourful as it gets. Purple armor, green models, cow level, bright levels. I think most people fail to realize that the "gritty, dirty look" was caused by the 800*600 screen resolution :p.
- Simplified? There are literally hundreds of thousands of possible skill/rune combinations. In D2 you picked a build and dumped all your skill points into two or three base skills. Now that was simple. Same for stat points. Just enough strength to be able to wear your gear, if you have a shield dex until you achieve max block rate, and the rest into vitality. There were no real options if you were taking it somewhat "seriously".
- Catered to noobs? Dunno. Inferno is said to be pretty hard. We can't judge that yet.

(no fanboy)

don't wanna dig through my old posts, but this game has way too many similarities to wow, don't even get me started on the AH.. brb best item in the game bought by some 12 year old with parent's credit card

laughin_man
10-24-2011, 03:01 AM

(no fanboy)

this

its the same old regurgitated bullsh!t you hear whenever a sequel for a game is about to come out

hankst
10-24-2011, 03:23 AM
don't wanna dig through my old posts, but this game has way too many similarities to wow, don't even get me started on the AH.. brb best item in the game bought by some 12 year old with parent's credit card

How is the AH relevant in a 100% co op multiplayer game, where PvP does not have its own ladder, can't be forced on you, and PvP matchmaking is gear dependend anyway?
The only thing I can think of is online penis envy...

LiftHeavy85
10-24-2011, 04:56 AM
after more and more info is released on diablo I am less excited about it and believe the RL auction will eventually doom the game.

How is the AH relevant in a 100% co op multiplayer game, where PvP does not have its own ladder, can't be forced on you, and PvP matchmaking is gear dependend anyway?
The only thing I can think of is online penis envy...

Its everything, with the edition of Inferno difficulty having bad set of gear is going to be near impossible to progress in. The fact you can now make MONEY in this game will have more and more people putting up the above average gear on the RL auction house and all the low/below average gear on the gold auction house. It just common sense to think that if you have an epic piece of gear you would not try to make some $$ off of it.

hankst
10-24-2011, 05:09 AM
What stops you from running through Hell one more time if your first play-through did not yield the gear you need to progress further (which I doubt)?

I'll never use the RL AH, it just does not concern me, I don't need it.

Madevilz
10-24-2011, 06:32 AM
lold at aesthetic artifacts

dzj
10-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Never cared for collector editions, never saw the appeal behind them. Anyone know which is coming out first? sc2: HoTS or Diablo 3.

Impudent
10-24-2011, 09:49 AM
after more and more info is released on diablo I am less excited about it and believe the RL auction will eventually doom the game.
Its everything, with the edition of Inferno difficulty having bad set of gear is going to be near impossible to progress in. The fact you can now make MONEY in this game will have more and more people putting up the above average gear on the RL auction house and all the low/below average gear on the gold auction house. It just common sense to think that if you have an epic piece of gear you would not try to make some $$ off of it.

blizzard are just greedy pricks now, that's all it is. with WoW losing money due to subscription losses, they had to cash in on diablo 3 somehow.. I honestly don't think I'll enjoy this game nearly as much as d2lod. the fact that any unskilled phaggot can get the top items now is just a joke. thankfully there's so many more amazing games coming out without corrupt developers like guild wars 2, counter strike: go, skyrim, bf3, mass effect 3, etc..

LiftHeavy85
10-24-2011, 10:05 AM
What stops you from running through Hell one more time if your first play-through did not yield the gear you need to progress further (which I doubt)?

I'll never use the RL AH, it just does not concern me, I don't need it.You may not use it to buy, but you sure as hell aint selling me the idea you will never use it to sell.

LiftHeavy85
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
blizzard are just greedy pricks now, that's all it is. with WoW losing money due to subscription losses, they had to cash in on diablo 3 somehow.. I honestly don't think I'll enjoy this game nearly as much as d2lod. the fact that any unskilled phaggot can get the top items now is just a joke. thankfully there's so many more amazing games coming out without corrupt developers like guild wars 2, counter strike: go, skyrim, bf3, mass effect 3, etc..Its not blizzard per say as it is activision pulling their strings.

seminolePUMP
10-24-2011, 10:21 AM
stupid question:

will a macbook pro 13" be able to run this game well? im at school and my desktop is back home.

kr1kit
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
stupid question:

will a macbook pro 13" be able to run this game well? im at school and my desktop is back home.

I highly doubt that D3 will have steep system requirements, watch any of the thousand beta gameplay videos on youtube and you'll see that.

hankst
10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
You may not use it to buy, but you sure as hell aint selling me the idea you will never use it to sell.

Why would I go through the hassle of selling **** for 1$ a piece (stuff will not be expensive I assume, as there is a lot of competition - but that remains to be seen) which is taxed by Blizzard twice when I could just give that stuff to my friends / my other chars? Dunno. I'm not that poor.

Edit:
not trying to offend or bash you guys, I can see where you're coming from, I had the same opinion when I first learned about these features, but then I took a step back, thought a bit about all that stuff, and now I'm pretty cool with it.. yeah, it sucks that Blizzard are trying to squeeze money out of every tiny aspect of the game, but that's their obligation as a company. They have to make the most possible profit, by definition.

JACKIECHANFAN
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Why would I go through the hassle of selling **** for 1$ a piece (stuff will not be expensive I assume, as there is a lot of competition - but that remains to be seen) which is taxed by Blizzard twice when I could just give that stuff to my friends / my other chars? Dunno. I'm not that poor.

Edit:
not trying to offend or bash you guys, I can see where you're coming from, I had the same opinion when I first learned about these features, but then I took a step back, thought a bit about all that stuff, and now I'm pretty cool with it.. yeah, it sucks that Blizzard are trying to squeeze money out of every tiny aspect of the game, but that's their obligation as a company. They have to make the most possible profit, by definition.

This.

Everybody and their mother's sister's daughter's boyfriend thinks they will make tons of money on this when in fact things will probably be cheap as fuk. The Chinese gold farmers from WoW will just farm D3 because they don't have to deal with unsafe 3rd party transactions - instead they can just do everything using what Blizzard provides. Yes, Blizzard will take a certain % of each transaction but they are a fkn business and it's their prerogative to make a goddamn profit.

And this doesn't fkn affect you anyhow since D3 is a PvE game. Oh wow, the Barb next to you has a better sword? Cry me a fkn river.

laughin_man
10-24-2011, 11:43 AM
as ill be playing mostly single player i really dont care about buying items. nothing beats the excitement when u get a great unique (or set item, or whatever . . .), so why would i deprive myself of that feeling?

Aussie Flare
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
blizzard are just greedy pricks now, that's all it is. with WoW losing money due to subscription losses, they had to cash in on diablo 3 somehow.. I honestly don't think I'll enjoy this game nearly as much as d2lod. the fact that any unskilled phaggot can get the top items now is just a joke. thankfully there's so many more amazing games coming out without corrupt developers like guild wars 2, counter strike: go, skyrim, bf3, mass effect 3, etc..

I'm not understanding your logic.
Are you aware how many sites (e.g. D2JSP) are around which are selling super high level weapons for D2? And how long they have been around for? Blizzard have realized this and have made their "Auction House" to cater for this. Yes they are taking a cut back from this. But why not? If they didn't put this together, farmers would be having a field day once again selling stuff like they did for D2.
Any "unskilled phaggot" in D2 can buy uber loot, just the way it is and has been for some time now.

Final_Rep
10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
I personally created the website for a guy who sold thousands of duped Stone of Jordan rings and made a BOATLOAD of real money in the early days of D2LoD.

Blizzard saw that, and said, "Hey, we can't stop them. It just costs us money to try. So why not beat them at their own game?" (and they should have the duping stuff eliminated by now)

And if you guys think real money AH's aren't the wave of the future, I suggest you read REAMDE, Neal Stephenson's new novel... And then come back here and tell us what you think.