PDA

View Full Version : To buy SC2 or Not

Wheyum
10-22-2011, 10:16 PM
hey guys so i havent played a pc game in years but grew up on D2 LOD and, SC. But im looking to get back into it. The issue is im in college and have a laptop
Lenovo v570 and I am not computer savvy in the least. I dont really know if my computer can handle these games and dont want to sacrifice its overall performance.

I really want to pickup SC2 but i know the expansion is coming out soon and shouldnt i just wait so i dont have to buy that also? The game has been out for a while am i too far behind to be good? Not to mention Diablo 3 is also coming out soon should i wait and get D3?

Im thinking about just picking up an older game like War Craft 3 the frozen throne just to bide me some time and see if i have time.

Will rep replys.

Thanks guys

LoweRider
10-22-2011, 10:19 PM
just stick to SC1 and BW... SC2 is just a remake.. plus I found it to be horribly unbalanced.

I raged every match.. even in the sht tier... everyone turtles up then rapes

LiLRyan
10-22-2011, 10:22 PM
download the demo, it's free and u can play it online - terran only though

KOMED
10-23-2011, 12:37 AM
As someone else mentioned, try the starter edition. It's kinda like a trial of SC2 but you're only able to play certain game modes and one race. Try that out and see if you like it before you buy the full game. As for sticking to SC1/BW... eh, everyone has their own opinion on that I suppose. I played broodwar back in the day and thoroughly enjoyed it but I still like SC2 more. I wouldn't worry about sucking in SC2... there are always newbs you can pound on, haha. I wouldn't buy WC3 honestly.. if you were to put some money into a game, go for sc2.

ChristmasFnatic
10-23-2011, 12:42 AM
WC3 I like better than SC2, but to get on with the times, get it! Smart players play RTS. Retards play FPS. Smart retards like me play both.

wontcuddle2
10-23-2011, 04:28 AM
I wouldn't; unless you enjoy getting saddled by koreans every match

hankst
10-23-2011, 04:37 AM
just stick to SC1 and BW... SC2 is just a remake.. plus I found it to be horribly unbalanced.

no, sir

I wouldn't; unless you enjoy getting saddled by koreans every match

No. He'll play in a low tier (Korean free) division. He'll still get raped in the beginning, but he'll get the hang of it.

OP:
buy it.

mehdi84
10-23-2011, 05:05 AM

lolwut, SCII is not horribly balance

turtling up then raping gets you raped, unless you're in the wood league

Jaybrahh
10-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Myself never playing SC1 before I did enjoy SC2 for awhile, but then it just got boring. :-(

wrenny420
10-23-2011, 05:24 AM

this guy is obv retarded, plays only bronze, and only played for a week.

SC2 is an awesome game, even if you buy it just for the campaign. It doesn't get boring unless you get stale and don't put the time into it to get better. It has a hard learning curve, which is why a lot of people quit or just never get in a better league. You play more, you get better. Its a time investing game and probably the most 1v1 competitive game in the world atm.

dzj
10-23-2011, 08:22 AM
this guy is obv retarded, plays only bronze, and only played for a week.

SC2 is an awesome game, even if you buy it just for the campaign. It doesn't get boring unless you get stale and don't put the time into it to get better. It has a hard learning curve, which is why a lot of people quit or just never get in a better league. You play more, you get better. Its a time investing game and probably the most 1v1 competitive game in the world atm.

This. Like you the last pc game I played was d2. Sc2 is my go to game now. Really steep learning curve but it's worth it

Dont Judge Me
10-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Sc2 is great. I wish I had more time to invest to get good tho.