PDA

View Full Version : New desktop, halp! (rep)

Stankus
10-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Computer noob here. I had a desktop with one of those D-Link USB things that plugs into the back of the modem so I could access wireless connections.

I got a new desktop today, but when I plug the D-Link thing into it it doesn't light up or work at all. It's not showing any connections. Anyone know how to fix this? (EDIT: It's called a D-Link DWA-130)

Will rep solid advice. Thanks

SergeantShaft
10-22-2011, 07:30 PM
i have a dlink 125 and usually when it doesnt light up (rarely) it means that the computer hasnt "initialized" it
if you havent installed the drivers and software for it do it now and it should work
if you have done that already check:

network and sharing center (assuming you use Windows) > check adapter settings OR network connections > enable the wireless network connection

or

control panel > device manager > network adapters > right click enable Dlink

if youve done all that and still not working try different usb ports

wayprotein
10-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Computer noob here. I had a desktop with one of those D-Link USB things that plugs into the back of the modem so I could access wireless connections.

I got a new desktop today, but when I plug the D-Link thing into it it doesn't light up or work at all. It's not showing any connections. Anyone know how to fix this? (EDIT: It's called a D-Link DWA-130)

Will rep solid advice. Thanks
1. try installing the drivers first the unit probably came with a cd
2. if that doesnt work try another usb port
3. if that doesnt work check your bios and make sure the usb ports are enabled (they should be by default)