PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, starting today.

Z06Addiction
10-10-2011, 05:20 AM
23 year old 5'7" 131lb ecto here. I worked out some during my late teens but I only got up to 147lbs, over about 4 years of not working out at all I've lost the weight.

The biggest problem is being able to afford the diet, I can use the on campus gym where I go to class. I know I can do a lot of searching for information but if someone with a similar starting point to mine could give some quick pointers on a basic schedule and diet it would be appreciated. I will check this post out before I workout today. I am mainly concerned that I wont see any gains if my diet isn't spot on. I intend to do my first workout today while out and eat as much protein as I can and build on it from there. I really don't want to trick myself into thinking I can't make progress because my diet isn't up to par (thanks to a tight budget).

Thanks for any tips and suggestions guys.

jxm26
10-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Squat, dead lift, bench, shoulder press, rows, chin ups, and dips...keep it simple...something like Monday Wednesday and friday...build up strength at first....the size will come with it...as far as diet, if it's edible, eat it lol

Z06Addiction
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Squat, dead lift, bench, shoulder press, rows, chin ups, and dips...keep it simple...something like Monday Wednesday and friday...build up strength at first....the size will come with it...as far as diet, if it's edible, eat it lol

Thanks, that helped a lot. I cut down my workout and tried to keep it simple. I threw up and fell short a couple reps on my set goals but it feels good. Rep for the help!

Celtika
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm not a nutrition genius, so i won't give you a detailed diet plan.
I'm not an exercise guru either, so i won't give you an awesome exercise plan.

What i will say though, when starting from scratch, follow a program. I'm almost a month into p90x and it's allowed me to do/learn things i would have NEVER have learned/accomplished by myself. In the meantime i have been browsing these forums etc, so after my three months, it means i will have enough knowledge to adapt an ideal exercise plan for myself, and know enough about my nutritional needs to develop a well-formed diet.

The p90x program is great, because it mixes the exercises up a LOT so you don't get bored, and needs minimal equipment, i just completed my second week of it and am already noticing huge results.

If you want motivation etc, follow my thread (In my signature) and you will see me posting about a lot of the other things people go through when they first begin exercising, subscribe to it and everytime you run into a hurdle, chances are i will have ran into it by then too, and worked out how to get around it.

I don't do the fancy diet either, for the first week or so i even posted my diets i was following. I think you might be able to learn a lot from my thread, it worked for me so it can work for you too!!

Stay strong,

~Celtika~