PDA

View Full Version : People that notice you

RandyLH2011
10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I remember listening to one of Ric Drasinís videos: in the 70ís when he, Arnold and the others were in public places, be it restaurants, stores, etc. people would look at them like they were freaks of nature because they had such big muscles. Well, in this day and age with so many people out of shape I think itís possible some people look at those of us that are getting into shape and getting bigger in amazement, maybe not as freaks but they do notice us.

I do not consider myself very big at all yet, I still have a long way to go. But a couple of times lately Iíve been approached by people in public I donít know that commented on how big I look. It feels good to know that Iíve made enough progress so far that even people I donít know compliment me on my muscles. What a motivation booster!!!

In March I looked like a beached whale, now I'm looking better and the gut is coming off, slowly but surely.

radred21
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
That's great man. I think more of society is starting to have more respect for a person who is in great shape, even those who are big and buff, given how so many are overweight and out of shape. It's also terrific motivation to have others comment on the progress you are making.

kanis999
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
That's awesome man. Sad thing for me is, once I went on a cut, a lot of people thought I'd gotten weaker because I don't fill out a shirt as well. My Dad especially. Little does he realize my deadlift 1rm has doubled in the past 6 months as I lost 20 lbs. Compliments are great and all, but don't forget to value your own opinion of your aesthetics more than others' opinions!