http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LfNWPM4984

waqas11
09-19-2011, 01:42 PM
bump!!

HunterCML
09-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Here OP, your vid.

-LfNWPM4984

I would personally widen stance and ensure that you're dropping your ass below your knees (breaking and going beyond parallel).

waqas11
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I would personally widen stance and ensure that you're dropping your ass below your knees (breaking and going beyond parallel).

thanks, im going just a little past parallel, is that good enough or should i go lower and lower the weight?

hockeytownfan
09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Looks to me like you are rolling up on the balls of your feet, but can't really be sure from the video. Also looks like you are leading with bending the knee instead of leading with hip.

Andrew_S
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
thanks, im going just a little past parallel, is that good enough or should i go lower and lower the weight?

That's a strange camera angle, but you are not going past parallel.

waqas11
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Looks to me like you are rolling up on the balls of your feet, but can't really be sure from the video. Also looks like you are leading with bending the knee instead of leading with hip.

thanks for the help i will try leading with my hip next time.

That's a strange camera angle, but you are not going past parallel.

yh sorry for the camera angle thats what you get when you ask some..

JasonDB
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Stop looking at your feet... they are still there.

Get your head up and look at the wall directly in front of you at eye-level.

Get your shoulders back further.

Get off the balls of your feet. Rock back hard on your heels, you should be driving with your heels when you come out of the hole.

Get lower, if you cannot get lower without rolling off your heels you need to do a lot of stretching and work on your flexibility... including putting a bar on your back and dropping as low as you can into a squat and holding it at the bottom for 30 seconds as a stretch.

otterakl
09-19-2011, 03:02 PM

Get off the balls of your feet. Rock back hard on your heels, you should be driving with your heels when you come out of the hole.

Get lower, if you cannot get lower without rolling off your heels you need to do a lot of stretching and work on your flexibility... including putting a bar on your back and dropping as low as you can into a squat and holding it at the bottom for 30 seconds as a stretch.

This. Looks like you have zero hip/heel drive, which will be a problem with heavy weight.

snorkelman
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM

^^ That was the very first thing that I thought of when I watched the vid

waqas11
09-19-2011, 03:21 PM

cheers for the help, i need to work on my streching and flexibilty even without the bar i cant go furthur down. im useless lol!! i even cant get the form right for powercleans!

JasonDB
09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
cheers for the help, i need to work on my streching and flexibilty even without the bar i cant go furthur down. im useless lol!! i even cant get the form right for powercleans!

Start stretching your hamstrings and quads daily (I could put my heel on a bar at eye level to stretch my hammies when I had a 585 atg squat and a 615 deadlift... flexibility does matter), and try the method I mentioned by loading a bar (with less than your max... maybe 50% 1RM) and letting it push you to the bottom of your squat in the rack and holding it there for a full 30 seconds. I find this helps a great deal with your range of motion and flexibility as well as power coming out of the hole on your squats... as well as the pull from the floor on deads.

waqas11
09-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Start stretching your hamstrings and quads daily (I could put my heel on a bar at eye level to stretch my hammies when I had a 585 atg squat and a 615 deadlift... flexibility does matter), and try the method I mentioned by loading a bar (with less than your max... maybe 50% 1RM) and letting it push you to the bottom of your squat in the rack and holding it there for a full 30 seconds. I find this helps a great deal with your range of motion and flexibility as well as power coming out of the hole on your squats... as well as the pull from the floor on deads.

Thank you v much! Repped you, i will do this on my next session which is wednesday. I need to sort my flexibilty out.

Thanks a lot!

waqas11
09-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Iv tried again, my face is looking up at the mirror my stand is wider whats lacking now, sorry if im annoying!

-uFuYGAxEXW4

HunterCML
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
uFuYGAxEXW4

Der u go. learn 2 embed son.

waqas11
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Der u go. learn 2 embed son.

Oops! Thanks again for sorting it out..wat do you think about the squat now?

JasonDB
09-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Large improvement, drive a little more with the heels and work on your flexibility until you can go a couple inches deeper.

waqas11
09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Large improvement, drive a little more with the heels and work on your flexibility until you can go a couple inches deeper.

Thanks, i need to work on flexibilty. I can feel my legs hurting even more than usual today! Iv even dropped weight to 70kg from 80kg..no cardio tommorow, dont feel like moving.

sawoobley
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Oops! Thanks again for sorting it out..wat do you think about the squat now?

Form looks much better IMO. It's tough to tell from the video but the bar looks like it's sitting on T1 right at the base of your neck. Hopefully its resting on your muscles and not bone.

waqas11
09-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Form looks much better IMO. It's tough to tell from the video but the bar looks like it's sitting on T1 right at the base of your neck. Hopefully its resting on your muscles and not bone.

hmm, i think its resting on my muscle, becuase when i use to put it on my bone when i started squatting, i use to get very bad pains in my neck. thanks for the heads up though.

Btw in my gym everyone i have seen squats just above 90degrees, and some of them are huge!

waqas11
10-03-2011, 02:23 AM
I thought ill bump an old thread instead of starting a new one... Since i go below parallel i feel it mainly on my ass and my quads and my back.. Is that normal..

waqas11
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Bump

jammyo40
10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I thought ill bump an old thread instead of starting a new one... Since i go below parallel i feel it mainly on my ass and my quads and my back.. Is that normal..

Going parallel or below activates your glutes and hamstrings. If you feel it in your lower back, you may be buttwinking.

NegatronPrime
10-03-2011, 12:21 PM
buttwinking.

Sounds like some code word for a way of picking up dudes in a gay bar

waqas11
10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Going parallel or below activates your glutes and hamstrings. If you feel it in your lower back, you may be buttwinking.

I make the bar go up using my hips..buttwinking haha yh i do, does It make a diffrence though?

jammyo40
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I make the bar go up using my hips..buttwinking haha yh i do, does It make a diffrence though?

It's bad form, but way down on the list of squat issues.

Rq8CWv8UPAI

QylNkkWBJUE