PDA

View Full Version : tired...all the time.

ScSc0rP
08-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Started my cut in may and I've lost 45 pounds. However, for the past week or so I've been super tired to the point that I can't do work with a full head of steam and seriously dragging ass on my work outs. Its like somebody just sapped all of my energy.

I've tried sleeping, spent both my off days in bed for 14 hours. I've tried refeeds and upping my calories. I can't think of a solution outside of caffeine. I'm still a good bit overweight, so I need help breaking through this plateau, any suggestions?

ScSc0rP
08-27-2011, 09:37 AM
weight 190
bf% 20%+
deficit 500-1k

Electricheadd
08-27-2011, 09:49 AM
It sounds like you may be off hormonally, what do your macros look like? The fact that your averaging over 10 lbs a month tells me your deficit is aggressive. I would take a few weeks off and eat at maintenance then start in at a less aggressive deficit. A full diet break should bring your hormone levels back to normal and the less aggressive deficit will it from happening again.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

mikelog
08-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Congrats on the weight loss. You've been cutting 4 months or so. That is awhile. Have you tried eating around maintenance for a week or so? How many calories are you eating? I was only cutting for 5 weeks when I began to feel just like you. I could hardly stay awake during the day after a solid night's sleep. Not good at all. I ate at maintenance for a day or so and went back to cutting and felt fine. You may need to do this for a week or so after cutting for so long.

ScSc0rP
08-27-2011, 09:54 AM
what's funny is that weight loss has slowed down in conjunction. ill try upping the calories more

HansCater
08-27-2011, 10:41 AM
what's funny is that weight loss has slowed down in conjunction. ill try upping the calories more Sorry to hear that man. I am sure you will get offer this phase again. And once you do you will be up and moving forward again.

Try upping your calories as you mentioned and then watch and see what happens. And i think you really need to take it easy.

samsont
08-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I've experienced same thing before. What worked for me: Upped calories(500-1000) more than I was eating daily, + more effort in the gym. Don't be afraid to pack on some water weight. When you get back into the cut it'll drop off. seriously. I did it for 2 weeks. Saw marked improvement as soon as I dropped back into a strict cut.

PerpetualMotion
08-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Tiredness could be anything. If it continues to proceed even after a diet break then you should go see a doctor and get some blood work done. Some of the deficiencies associated with tiredness/fatigue is generally selenium, vitamin B12, iron, potassium, phosphorous, folic acid, zinc, and vitamin C. Those are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head but I don't think there's more.

The number of causes are a lot ranging from inconsistent bowel movements to anxiety to whatever.

Braxley
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM
I am in the exact same boat man, in the last two months i have cut my calories drastically and I am doing some form of exercise nearly every day - far more active than I have ever been in my life including some intense gym workouts followed by swimming. I have to say the last five days or so I have started to become really tired, I am sleeping around 12 hours also and dragging my ass out of bed eventually. I am then getting to the gym and just feeling tired and that my energy levels are not there. I don't want to increase my calorie levels just yet because I am losing weight to the same extent you are and I want to be really in shape in February next year. At the same time, I don't want to damage my body or feel exhausted all the time either. I might try to eat a slight bit more and get more of a sleeping schedule I guess - max of say 9 hours before I force myself up and maybe get a little routine.

ScSc0rP
08-27-2011, 02:18 PM
my refeed days I didn't feel much better, which is probably why I'm afraid to up the calories again, if I don't get my energy back then there is just that much more pressure on me to perform in the gym in a tired state.

I take two a day vitamins, which should prevent most of the defencies mentioned. eating at maintenance today so we'll see how I feel.

Electricheadd
08-27-2011, 02:20 PM
my refeed days I didn't feel much better, which is probably why I'm afraid to up the calories again, if I don't get my energy back then there is just that much more pressure on me to perform in the gym in a tired state.

I take two a day vitamins, which should prevent most of the defencies mentioned. eating at maintenance today so we'll see how I feel.

I am in the exact same boat man, in the last two months i have cut my calories drastically and I am doing some form of exercise nearly every day - far more active than I have ever been in my life including some intense gym workouts followed by swimming. I have to say the last five days or so I have started to become really tired, I am sleeping around 12 hours also and dragging my ass out of bed eventually. I am then getting to the gym and just feeling tired and that my energy levels are not there. I don't want to increase my calorie levels just yet because I am losing weight to the same extent you are and I want to be really in shape in February next year. At the same time, I don't want to damage my body or feel exhausted all the time either. I might try to eat a slight bit more and get more of a sleeping schedule I guess - max of say 9 hours before I force myself up and maybe get a little routine.

A refeed day is not the same as a full diet break. It takes 10-14 days for your hormone levels to recover from a low calorie diet.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

Braxley
08-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have just been really happy with the progress i've been making and don't want to eat more as essentially thats going to set back the rate at which I am losing weight. I am not starving myself by any means. I am eating oatmal, fish and salad with protein shakes and other forms of veggie and sweet potato's but apparently I am still tired anyway. I guess as long as I am not going to drop dead from exhaustion then I'll just have to battle through it until eventually the food I eat becomes enough fuel to burn off.