PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my Draft? (14 teams, will rep)

Murph0408
08-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Alright guys so it was a 14-team league, i had 8th pick. Will rep responses when i come back on later

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB1 - Ray Rice
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - DeSean Jackson
WR2 - Mike Thomas
Flex - Cedric Benson
TE - Dallas Clark
DEF - Chargers
K - Rob Bironas

Bench
Sims-Walker WR
Jonathan Stewart RB
Davone Bess WR
Zach Miller TE
Jason Campbell QB
Denario Alexander WR

Gore is risky but just couldn't say no on the way back around in the 2nd. Couldn't believe Rice went to 8; Andre Johnson, Rodgers and Vick all went prior. I realize WR is a bit weak. Let me know your thoughts guys

joedirt87
08-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Nice team. Were able to grab 2 solid RB's, a very good #1 WR and elite TE. Thomas could pan out since the Jags have no one else, and I think you may have a couple decent options at the flex spot in J-Stew, Bess, MSW.

Murph0408
08-25-2011, 09:35 PM
thanks yeah i was kinda disappointed in the thomas and benson picks but considering the 14-man format i'll take it

4thelvofthegme
08-25-2011, 09:51 PM
id pick up kendall hunter just incase with gore. handcuff him so if he goes down you have his replacement. benson is still iffy too. not gonna have much of a passing game to help him out

Hoop_Dreams
08-26-2011, 02:29 AM
fuarkin joocy for a 14 teamer.

Love the RB depth and Mike Thomas isn't sexy but at least he's a the #1 WR on his team.

bdtreaster
08-26-2011, 02:33 AM
looks good o pee. hopefully gore will stay healthy. my draft is tomorrow so wish me luck!

kevx
08-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Good looking team. I agree with the post to handcuff Gore. He was killing it for me until he got hurt before my playoffs last year!!

Murph0408
08-26-2011, 07:58 AM
i agree with points made about getting gore's backup. i'd like to sit here and say he'll be healthy all year and make me look like a genius for taking him mid-second round but lets be real, he's likely to miss time.

only problem with kendall hunter is the other backup, anthony dixon. it seems unclear which one will be number two yet....

NoS_oUtLaSt
08-26-2011, 09:12 AM
for 14 team that is f'n straight beastly

4thelvofthegme
08-26-2011, 01:28 PM
i agree with points made about getting gore's backup. i'd like to sit here and say he'll be healthy all year and make me look like a genius for taking him mid-second round but lets be real, he's likely to miss time.

only problem with kendall hunter is the other backup, anthony dixon. it seems unclear which one will be number two yet.... i agree with we dont know who is the backup yet, but i think hunter is more explosive, and will get work as the receiving back. in his last preseason game (understanding it gets taken with a grain of salt) he had 105 yards on 9 carries, which dixon i dont think has the explosive potential hunter has. but definitely keep an eye on the situation