PDA

View Full Version : Cardio question

JordanKelly91
08-24-2011, 06:41 AM
hi all,

my bf% is roughly 20% but i want to get that down with as little effect on my muscle building as possible..

this may sound like a stupid question but how much cardio can you do before you start to lose muscle??
i've been advised that 30mins on a treadmill is enough time and that anymore will effect muscle..

can someone advise me on this please?

misterguyx
08-24-2011, 06:50 AM
Eat sufficient protein, keep doing your weights, keep your deficit within a reasonable amount, and be patient. Generally speaking, people who need to ask this question, especially teenagers who need to ask this question, can EASILY cut very close to maintenance calories AND build muscle. You CAN build muscle on calorie deficit, just not sustainably once you lose enough body fat, which is most of the basis for "newbie gains". If you increase your activity but continue to eat a reasonable amount, you'll be much better off losing weight steadily and increasing strength while you do it.

Eat a reasonable amount, eat as nutritionally balanced as you can, favoring proteins from whole food sources, track your food, and ride those raging hormones to buffness. Cutting too drastically or trading all your strength building for cardio is what atrophies muscle.