PDA

View Full Version : ReFeed Day & Feeling Full... Ideas?

fitpawz
08-14-2011, 01:46 PM
I started cutting two weeks ago & have been keeping my calories @ 1600. Today is my first refeed on this cycle, but I've run out of "eating steam". My stomach hurts at the thought of more food, no matter how tasty it may be.

Has anyone else had problems eating in surplus on a refeed day? I really didn't expect it to be hard to eat because the foods are all some of my favourite "cheat" choices. Things that I don't eat while cutting, so I thought this would be easy. I was even worried about going overboard & eating too much!

The plan was to eat around 2800 - 3000 calories today. I have 1500 more to eat & I already feel like a beached whale. Not quite what I expected! It seems strange that now I can pretty much eat whatever I want & all I want to do is NOT eat.

For those doing refeeds, do you find eating more in less frequent meals is easier? I normally eat 5 times a day on my cut, but I'm thinking 3 meals on a refeed day might work better? It would give more time between each meal for digestion & then it might be easier for my stomach to handle? I really hate this stuffed/bloated feeling...

Ashlei
08-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I started cutting two weeks ago & have been keeping my calories @ 1600. Today is my first refeed on this cycle, but I've run out of "eating steam". My stomach hurts at the thought of more food, no matter how tasty it may be.

Has anyone else had problems eating in surplus on a refeed day? I really didn't expect it to be hard to eat because the foods are all some of my favourite "cheat" choices. Things that I don't eat while cutting, so I thought this would be easy. I was even worried about going overboard & eating too much!

The plan was to eat around 2800 - 3000 calories today. I have 1500 more to eat & I already feel like a beached whale. Not quite what I expected! It seems strange that now I can pretty much eat whatever I want & all I want to do is NOT eat.

For those doing refeeds, do you find eating more in less frequent meals is easier? I normally eat 5 times a day on my cut, but I'm thinking 3 meals on a refeed day might work better? It would give more time between each meal for digestion & then it might be easier for my stomach to handle? I really hate this stuffed/bloated feeling...

Eat more calorically dense foods.

euco09
08-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Chocolate milk :). 500 calories gone in about 5 seconds!

Miranda
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
are you doing a carbohydrate refeed or just eating more food in general?

if it's the former, eat low-fibre starches such as white rice, bread and pasta and keep the fats as low as possible. too much fibre will fill you up in no time.

fitpawz
08-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Thanks, trying to increase the calories mainly through carbs & limit the fat. I ended up with more fat than I wanted, but I did eat the extra calories without any problems after I let my stomach rest for a few hours.

So now that's done & I'll have a better idea of how to plan it next time. :)