PDA

View Full Version : Any one feel that Cro Cop's fight was way to easy?

Freak-show
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I am deployed and had to wait till the next day to see it but I was so disappointed. I am a big Cro Cop fan and the Eddie Sanchez fight was just lame. Sanchez was dead tired halfway through the first round. He could hardly keep his dam hands up! I kinda think it is an insult to Cro Cop to face some one that is was obviously that out of shape. He is a world class fighter! Just my opinion. What do you folks think?

thedisneydad
02-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I concur. They should throw talent at him...then again, maybe they had to make it look good for the uneducatd fan of UFC for Crocop's debut. They usually don't care for new talent until it has proven itself.

Then again, Crocop has no need to prove himself to anybody in the know.

Joseph63
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
huge miss match but i don't think him being tired had anything to do with his conditioning... he looked extreamly nervious and u know how hard that is on ur wind

renglander
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I think Cro Cop will be a awesome addition to the UFC. His first fight in the UFC was a cake walk but after looking at some of his other fights in Pride and K1, the man is a beast and will be tough to beat.

I see his leg strength shocking a few UFC fighters for a while then they will catch on and make him become more well rounded.

Freak-show
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
huge miss match but i don't think him being tired had anything to do with his conditioning... he looked extreamly nervious and u know how hard that is on ur wind

I agree with you 100% man! I dont care how good you are that kick Cro Cop has is fcking intimidating! I was on my feet the whole time waiting and waiting to see him kick Sanchez's head off LOL! I cant wait to see Fedor come to the UFC. I am predicting that the both of them take over the heavy weight divison!

user1245464
02-06-2007, 05:25 PM
then again, maybe they had to make it look good for the uneducatd fan of UFC for Crocop's debut.

Exactly. The few UFC fans who watch Pride or K1 already know what this man is capable of. But the fact is, most dont, so they had to make him look as good as possible for his debut, therefore, giving him a weak opponent. I think Dana was really hoping for a LHK knockout. ;)

delta9
02-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I am deployed and had to wait till the next day to see it but I was so disappointed. I am a big Cro Cop fan and the Eddie Sanchez fight was just lame. Sanchez was dead tired halfway through the first round. He could hardly keep his dam hands up! I kinda think it is an insult to Cro Cop to face some one that is was obviously that out of shape. He is a world class fighter! Just my opinion. What do you folks think?

post fight interview- Mirko said he had some injuries holding him back a bit. also Sanchez kept on hopping away, one more thing to add is Mirko is a very technical fighter who wants to give all but take none.

MisterChase
02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
It was supposed to be easy. That's the nature of the promo-match. Gotta build him up first, get a few good KOs for the highlight reel.

MenTaLPiRacY
02-06-2007, 05:27 PM

Dude.. UFC was setting Sanchez up for a HL reel.. of course they will feed him some easy guys at first.. This isnt Pride where they throw the new people to Nog or Gomi..

TheLasher
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
UFC has only around 5 top heavyweights and Sanchez wasn't one of them, the fight didn't surprise me.

enigma662
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
post fight interview- Mirko said he had some injuries holding him back a bit.

Where did you find that? I saw the Rogan interview, must have been a different one.

Coach McGuirk
02-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Where did you find that? I saw the Rogan interview, must have been a different one.

post-post fight interview lol...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1364101

enigma662
02-06-2007, 07:33 PM
post-post fight interview lol...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1364101

Heh just found it, thanks.

HardGainer82
02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I think it would be hard to fight like that. Usually you do your running laps in preparation for the fight, not during it.

Sims
02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Sanchez lasted a lot longer than people thought he would and didnt get KO'd with a left high kick as predicted lol.. of course he was backing up and circling, you stand still and CroCop is going to tag you hard.

Immichaelski
02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
They probally want this addition to be huge, and for this reason want all ufc fans who may not be familiar with crocop to know how awesome a fighter he is. They may evn give him a few more easy wins before they let him break someones face.

WHAT?
02-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Dana was probaly upset it ended on the ground and not by a Silva/Caras Jr/Vochachan/Emelianko style head kick. He wanted a highlight reel clip that was the whole point of the fight.

powerman2000
02-08-2007, 12:51 AM

He had a very good reason to nervous! :D

smokeater
02-08-2007, 12:56 AM

The idea of Crocop's first fight was supposed to be an easy win for him. Many UFC fans really have no idea who he is. Many that do just know him by name and reputation.

The UFC is a money making business and more people will pay to see Crocop if they've seen him fight and know who he is. I doubt that anybody would argue that Mirko's accomplishments in the past year would warrant an immediate title shot at Tim Sylvia. There is no good business sense in doing that. I didn't expect Mirko to have a top UFC HW as his first opponent.

If Wandy or even Fedor came to the UFC I'd expect the same to be done for them. When Wandy and Chuck were advertised as going to fight, Wandy was said to be signing a multi fight deal where Chuck wouldn't be his first opponent. Not sure how accurate that is, read it on Sherdog. I'd love to see Wandy's tune up fight be against Sam Hogar (hate that guy).