PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice losing weight

GuitarPlayer694
07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey guys. I'm 17 years old, 6' 0'' tall, and 195 pounds. I also have a very broad body-structure with big shoulders, but that's no excuse for my weight. I want to get down to 180, so I have around 15 pounds to lose. I lift 6-7 days a week (chest, triceps, shoulders, traps on mondays, wednesdays, fridays, and sometimes sundays, and back, biceps, legs, and core on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays). I also run 2-3 times a week; either a mile/a mile and a half or sprints.

Now that you know all about me, I was wondering if you had any advice to how I should lose my 15 pounds. I want to maintain my muscle as best as I can, but still lose fat. Any comment is helpful; if you have any tips concerning supplements, a diet, and training, please please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Nick1971
07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
My recommendation: Try to lose 1 pound of bodyweight a week, which equates to roughly a 500 calorie deficit, which is 3500 calories a week, which is appoximately a pound. That gives you 15 weeks to lose the weight, and it's not that bad a cut. Otherwise, keep working out with a route you can stick with. Good luck! :)