PDA

View Full Version : Luis' Journey to a new life.

LuisEnrikee
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
My name is Luis, I've suffered from being obese all my life, but I really never bothered to do anything about it till last December when I turned 17 years old, I realized that I was not going to have a girlfriend, a job, or a decent life with my family that easy.
I started at 232 lbs, 5'6
As of right now, I find my self at 208~210lbs.
Date, July, 5, 2011.

Here's a picture of my self at around 221 lbs~
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5963/16154610000164738679029.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/16154610000164738679029.jpg/)

Sucks to be so heavy at 17.

As of right now my TDEE is at : 3616.
I'm going to eat 2,500 calories/day.

My workout plan is simple to do.
Insanity workout/Weightlifting 4x a week, Monday, Wed, Friday Sunday

Mon.

Squat 2-3 x 5
Ham Work 3 x 10
Calves 3 x 15
Abs 2 x 10

Wed.

Bench Press 3 x 5
BB or DB Row 3 x 6, 1 x 15
OH Press 3 x 8
Arms -Tri/Bi - each 3 x 8-10

Fri.

Deadlift Variant 2-3 x 5
Leg Press 2 x 10 or 1 x 20
Calves 3 x 15
Abs 2 x 10

Sun.

Incline bench 3 x 10-15
Pullups 20-40 reps
Dips 2 x 8-12
Lateral Raise 3 x 8-10

Any feed back is welcomed and some helpful information please.

LuisEnrikee
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Here are my Macros for the day

Total Calories : 2,482
Protein: 162
Carbs: 246
Fat: 96

I think I went a little too high on the fats and low on the Protein, will try to work it out better tomorrow, but what matters is the Calories since I'm on a cut, right?

Workout: INSANITY Fit Test, not very tough.

NeedANick
07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey man, nice to see you decided to make a change as young as 17.

I, too, was obese throughout life. During high school I really wanted to lose weight, but had no clue how to and I went from slightly obese at 10th grade (230lbs) to a giant ball of lard at 19, weighting in at 315lbs.

Now let me ask you this: do you know your body fat percentage? 160g of protein is pretty high, specially for someone at 5'6".

Also, in regard to the fat. When I was eating 2500kcals I sacrificed some of my carbs for extra fat so I could eat fattier food such as fried food and peanut butter. I think it is a brilliant idea for people just getting into the whole diet thing, so they don't just jump into a strict diet, instead they work their way down to it.

And, one last thing (I hope I'm not bothering or giving unwanted advice), how is your workout routine, Insanity aside? What are you doing on your 3day split?

LuisEnrikee
07-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey man, nice to see you decided to make a change as young as 17.

I, too, was obese throughout life. During high school I really wanted to lose weight, but had no clue how to and I went from slightly obese at 10th grade (230lbs) to a giant ball of lard at 19, weighting in at 315lbs.

Now let me ask you this: do you know your body fat percentage? 160g of protein is pretty high, specially for someone at 5'6".

Also, in regard to the fat. When I was eating 2500kcals I sacrificed some of my carbs for extra fat so I could eat fattier food such as fried food and peanut butter. I think it is a brilliant idea for people just getting into the whole diet thing, so they don't just jump into a strict diet, instead they work their way down to it.

And, one last thing (I hope I'm not bothering or giving unwanted advice), how is your workout routine, Insanity aside? What are you doing on your 3day split?
Thanks for feed back, I think I'm around 33%
Pretty much bench press, I really don't have a plan I just go and lift what I find, any ideas? lol

NeedANick
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for feed back, I think I'm around 33%
Pretty much bench press, I really don't have a plan I just go and lift what I find, any ideas? lol

Don't do the same mistake I did! Get a nice routine to follow. Some famous routines are Starting Strength, Madcow 5x5, etc. I personally liked this thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115643271

I highly suggest doing a routine like this instead of throwing one together yourself and keeping log of ALL the weights. I usually write them down on my iPod then transfer it to my log so I keep the weights constant instead of "uhh... I think I did 100lbs here last time".

It also helps you use tiny muscles you could be neglecting, which will aid in the fat loss journey.

LuisEnrikee
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Don't do the same mistake I did! Get a nice routine to follow. Some famous routines are Starting Strength, Madcow 5x5, etc. I personally liked this thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115643271

I highly suggest doing a routine like this instead of throwing one together yourself and keeping log of ALL the weights. I usually write them down on my iPod then transfer it to my log so I keep the weights constant instead of "uhh... I think I did 100lbs here last time".

It also helps you use tiny muscles you could be neglecting, which will aid in the fat loss journey.

Thanks I'll look into this for tomorrow, my lifting day.
I don't know why I feel so fat today, I feel like I won't reach my goals and I'm going the wrong way, kind of sucks to feel like this.

NeedANick
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks I'll look into this for tomorrow, my lifting day.
I don't know why I feel so fat today, I feel like I won't reach my goals and I'm going the wrong way, kind of sucks to feel like this.

I feel the same way, man. Sucks being fat, specially when it becomes psychologically impairing. Don't let it happen.

Just stick to your plan and you'll reach your goal. My goal is 200lbs by Christmas. I doubt I'll be there, but if I'm 215lbs by then, that's a whole 100lbs lost! Can't take that for granted, huh.

My other goal is that by May 15, 2012, my 21st birthday, I will have started my bulk. This seems like a much more realistic goal.

Keep up the good work and you'll get there. I'll be following ya ;)

LuisEnrikee
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I feel the same way, man. Sucks being fat, specially when it becomes psychologically impairing. Don't let it happen.

Just stick to your plan and you'll reach your goal. My goal is 200lbs by Christmas. I doubt I'll be there, but if I'm 215lbs by then, that's a whole 100lbs lost! Can't take that for granted, huh.

My other goal is that by May 15, 2012, my 21st birthday, I will have started my bulk. This seems like a much more realistic goal.

Keep up the good work and you'll get there. I'll be following ya ;)
Thanks bro, yeah I know, no matter how I feel as long as I'm on my deficit I can't lose.
And good luck on your goals, I want to hit 200 by the time I complete Insanity. which is 1 1/2 months. I hope I make it.

LuisEnrikee
07-06-2011, 08:40 PM
So today, I went to buy some food to Costco, I ate a hot dog and half a pizza with an ice tea, yeah I know, I didn't make the best decision but tomorrow I'll make better decisions having good food at home.

Today's workout:
Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

Bench Press 3 x 5
BB or DB Row 3 x 6, 1 x 15
OH Press 3 x 8
Arms -Tri/Bi - each 3 x 8-10

Macros:
Calories 2,525
Carbs 292
Fat 92
Protein 147

NeedANick
07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey Luis, nice to see you're going at it strong! Don't mind the hot dog and pizza. I eat ice cream almost every weekend, along with pizza. Just make sure you can fit into your macro and you're good.

Mind if I ask what weights you're working with? I see you picked a workout routine, that's a wise choice.

LuisEnrikee
07-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey Luis, nice to see you're going at it strong! Don't mind the hot dog and pizza. I eat ice cream almost every weekend, along with pizza. Just make sure you can fit into your macro and you're good.

Mind if I ask what weights you're working with? I see you picked a workout routine, that's a wise choice.

:c
On the bench since there's no spotter, I went from 25's, 35's 45's
and dumbells were 30's, 40's
and on the oh press were 15's

LuisEnrikee
07-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Day 3 of my journey, even though I'm not starting exactly this week but taking in 2,500 calories daily.

Today's workout was:
Pure Cardio+ Cardio Ab's

No idea how many calories I burn, which makes me sad. ;____;

Today wasn't a good day on my macros, going to In n Out burger for lunch, but still hoping to manage my calorie deficit without a problem.

Damn, today, mom cooked dinner, I couldn't eat it, because it went over my calories, worst thing of all, idk what she puts in the food, which kind of sucks, she's kind of against me logging in my food because she thinks I should be eating like a regular person, lol.

Macros
Calories : 2,495
Carbs : 225
Fat : 117
Protein : 150g

LuisEnrikee
07-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Today is day 4, mom cooked some food, some meat with potatoes and some tomato sauce, no idea how much she used nor do I have an idea how much I ate, I made an estimate, no idea if I'm right or wrong, but I'm doing some extra cardio tonight to even out everything as much as possible.
Edit:
I don't think what I ate in the morning whas alot, whatsoever, therefor, I'm not doing any extra cardio, and if by any chance I went over my calories, I doubt it's more than 200, which for one day won't kill me. I skipped INSANITY today cause cardio recovery just blows. Such a confusing day with the macros, i'm just going to save 200 calories just in case.

Today's workout:

Leg press 2x10 1x20
Calves 3x15
Abs 2x10
Deadlift 1x15

Macros:
Calories 2311
Protein 167
Fat 75
Carbs 272

LuisEnrikee
07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Wohoo so pumped, I never knew dieting could be so easy, I actually eat more than I did before, way more, and I love it. :) I can't wait to drop all these pounds and Bulk for the first time, i'm going to love the new life style or else I wouldn't work so hard!
So today, was a pretty good day on my Macros, I maybe did go a little far on the carbs but I had some home made refried beans, and since I'm Mexican I enjoy them to the fullest!

Todays workout:
Cardio Power & Resistance.

Macros:
Calories 2,450
Carbs 305g
Fat 61g
Protein 179g

**** YEAH! I was taking my clothes off for my shower, I saw a little differnece, I look a little better!

LuisEnrikee
07-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Today seems a great day, though, I ran into a few problems this morning and lat night sort of, some hot cheeto's mom brought home and trust me, I'm so weak to those. Last night I was at my 2,500 calorie mark and I ate probably a serving, which is 150 calories or a bit more, but I'm still on a great deficit so I didn't bother all that much.
This morning I happened to see them in the kitchen again, about 1 serving or less left on the bag, I couldn't resist myself so I ate them, good thing though, It was in the morning so I put them into my diet log.
Today's going well and I'm thinking every night from now on I will walk to the beach which is 2 miles to there and back. Obviously not expecting to lose weight from that but hopefully burn around 200calories so I can stay on.top of my game.

Today's workout:
Plyometric Cardio Circuit.
Incline bench 3 x 10-15 25's 35's 45's (no spotter)
Pullups 20-40 reps (20 reps o na modified version)
Dips 2 x 8-12
Lateral Raise 3 x 8-10 (Nautilus machine 35 50 65)

Macros for the day: Give or take.
Calories 2,487
Carbs: 262
Fat 101
Protein 151

I think I'm either off ~100-200~ calories off or on, no idea.

LuisEnrikee
07-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Day 7 of my journey.
Today was an ok day, being my day off from Insanity. Starting week 3 tomorrow, I'm pretty excited, also tomorrow is my weigh in.

Today's workout:
Squat 2-3 x 5 [25's 30'sx2]
Ham Work 3 x 10 Nautilus Machine on 85 lbs
Calves 3 x 15 [45, 70, 80]
Abs 2 x 10 Nautilus machine with 120's and 140's.

LuisEnrikee
07-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
First weigh in coming in at 205~207.
Going with the second number just to be sure.

LuisEnrikee
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
This week I'm going lower on my intake, I'm sure I can handle it.

Today's workout:
Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs.

Today's Macros;
Calories 2,031
Protein 179
Carbs 147
Fat 81

LuisEnrikee
07-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Today was kind of a weird day, I went to my grandmas to eat some Mexican dish called Gallina Pinta. Pretty much menudo with beans. I kind of made a rough estimate on what I ate today, could be higher, I don't know, but I had a little idea. I went a little too high on the sugar today, but I never do so I'm not going to worry.

Today's workout:
Cardio Power & Resistance.
Bench Press 3 x 5 25 35 50
BB or DB Row 3 x 6, 1 x 15 30 30 40
OH Press 3 x 8 Military press 60 85
Arms -Tri/Bi - each 3 x 8-10 50 60

Macros:
Calories 2030
Carbs 211
Fat 64
Protein 151

LuisEnrikee
07-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Today I feel bad ;_; I feel fat and discouraged. But oh well, I skipped today's workout but I'm going to do it tomorrow replacing it with the cardio recovery.
I didn't count macros today but I'm just going to write down what I ate, went to visit my grandma in Mexico, I ate what I wanted because like people say that not eating what you like causes eating disorders.

Here's what I ate 5 Tijuana tacos the tortillas were small and had two on each with carne asada and avocado and one quesadilla with the tortilla double the size.
Later I had a little bit of beans, mashed potatoes and some breaded chicken milanesa with 3 home made corn tortillas, Later I had 2 scoops of thrifty ice cream and a medium lemon ice cream.

That;s today, tomorrow I'm going back to the normal schedule and starting to do 1,700 calories for good.

LuisEnrikee
07-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Today was a good day. :) No complaints, maybe I'm low on the protein but I really lowered the calories I just want to drop weight and hold on to some muscle.

Todays workout:
Plyometric cardio circuit
Abs 2x10
Dealift 3x5
Calves 3x15
Leg Press 2x10 1x20
2 mile walk.

Macros.
Calories 1710
Fat 56
Carbs 182
Protein 115

LuisEnrikee
07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Going to start logging everything now, again.
I basically took a week off and when I started again I didn't weigh myself, I went on a cut for a week and today's weigh in I'm at 206, I think.
This week I'm going to focus on 1,700 calorie deficit and I'm going to stay away from all cardio till I get to 190 lbs. I realized it makes me even more hungry and I don't really need it.
Starting today, I'm going on 1,700 calories 150+g protein and AT LEAST 50g fat a day.
Let's see how I do next week.