PDA

View Full Version : Interested in cutting for the first time....oh where oh where do I begin?

Morch76
07-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Hello! I am interested in cutting for the first time. I 5'9" and weigh 186.5 pounds. I weight lift 6 days a week and do cardio for 30 minutes a day. I do chest/biceps, shoulders/triceps, back, and leg rotation. My cardio is pretty much running on a treadmill at a minumum of a 1.0 incline and with a speed of 5.8 (I usually play with speed and incline and do intervals). I would like to eventually get down to 145 lean pounds. I take a mutlivitamin, Redline Ultrahardcore, and Fish Oil supplements. I drink a minimum of 2 whey protein shakes a day - 2 scoops 52 grams of protein and also drink No Explode Pre-workout. I have no problems meeting my daily protein intake although carbs and fat I do. I think I am not consuming enough calories honestly. I dont really keep up with calories or have figured out the whole maco thing yet, but that is why I am turning to here to hopefully get the help I need. I've been at the same weight for several months.

From here, where do I go and how do I begin?

Your suggestions and help is much appreciated!

andrerox80
07-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello! I am interested in cutting for the first time. I 5'9" and weigh 186.5 pounds. I weight lift 6 days a week and do cardio for 30 minutes a day. I do chest/biceps, shoulders/triceps, back, and leg rotation. My cardio is pretty much running on a treadmill at a minumum of a 1.0 incline and with a speed of 5.8 (I usually play with speed and incline and do intervals). I would like to eventually get down to 145 lean pounds. I take a mutlivitamin, Redline Ultrahardcore, and Fish Oil supplements. I drink a minimum of 2 whey protein shakes a day - 2 scoops 52 grams of protein and also drink No Explode Pre-workout. I have no problems meeting my daily protein intake although carbs and fat I do. I think I am not consuming enough calories honestly. I dont really keep up with calories or have figured out the whole maco thing yet, but that is why I am turning to here to hopefully get the help I need. I've been at the same weight for several months.

From here, where do I go and how do I begin?

Your suggestions and help is much appreciated!

you begin w/ the sticky on calculating cals and macro's in the nutrition section. read and reread it. has lots of good info. diet and being at the right deficit is key. nutrition is so impt. do you weigh, track, and record your food? you don't have to but it's useful for most of us. some don't need to. like if you've been staying at the same weight, maybe you're intuitively eating at maintenance and need to just cut out a little. unless you have your cals set too low. as for your workouts, you are doing too much cardio. not necessary to do any, but bad to do that much. what prgm are you on for lifting? you need to be on a prgm and not do things willy-nilly. there's a sticky abt that in the training section. a lot of people recommend the new rules of lifting for women, which also has a nutritional component, but if that doesn't float your boat, there are other options.