PDA

View Full Version : p90x while maintaining/increasing strength? halp you guise

talligator
06-03-2011, 07:04 AM
okay so it's summer time, and it's time for me to cut. i've been bulking for 9 months now, i've made some fantastic size and strength gains. unfortunately, i've also made a lot of fat gains. so i need to get rid of this.

but i really don't want to lose any of the strength that i gained on my bulk. so i was planning on doing p90x, which i think can serve as a recomp program.

so what are your thoughts? if you already know, what is p90x's effect on strength?

thanks guise,
talligator

also, now that summer's here, i'll be posting a LOT more (some of you have been asking where i went lol)

Bruno93
06-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Madcows 5x5.

talligator
06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
already did that for a while along with ss and smolov jr

c'mon guise

bump

Bruno93
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
already did that for a while along with ss and smolov jr

c'mon guise

bump

Why wouldn't you do it again? It's an amazing routine to cut.

xCody
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Eat less.

Bruno93
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I just googled p90x and it looks like it's a **** workout. You want to cut on a routine that works everything 2x a week at least, 3x preferably. So yes, go do madcows. Brb cutting and increasing strength at same time.

talligator
06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I just googled p90x and it looks like it's a **** workout. You want to cut on a routine that works everything 2x a week at least, 3x preferably. So yes, go do madcows. Brb cutting and increasing strength at same time.

nono, it's good, look at some of the before and afters

but i'm doing it because i also need to up my endurance

Bruno93
06-03-2011, 11:41 AM
nono, it's good, look at some of the before and afters

but i'm doing it because i also need to up my endurance

Isn't p90x a split pretty much where you hit each muscle once per week? If you do so, you're very likely to lose strength when you cut.

Phil185
06-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Isn't p90x a split pretty much where you hit each muscle once per week? If you do so, you're very likely to lose strength when you cut.

This, just do an actual routine, not some phaggy time tv workout.

talligator
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
guys i know there are potentially better alternatives, but this is pretty foolproof, and i need to increase my endurance, so i think this is the right program

i'm going to be doing it for sure, i already bought the stuff, there's no changing that
it might be a phaggy-time tv workout, sure, but it works, and that too, better than 95% of other programs

but i just want to know if i'd be losing, maintaining, or gaining strength while doing it

graysonwc
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
P90X is shi*tty.

Mavj96
06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
guys i know there are potentially better alternatives, but this is pretty foolproof, and i need to increase my endurance, so i think this is the right program

i'm going to be doing it for sure, i already bought the stuff, there's no changing that
it might be a phaggy-time tv workout, sure, but it works, and that too, better than 95% of other programs

but i just want to know if i'd be losing, maintaining, or gaining strength while doing it

Dude no, seriously p90 is a waste, dead serious.
Making your own plan or doing a real one would be much better.

Phil185
06-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Stop pulling statistics out of your a** and do Madcow's

Edit: aka part of the 5% that's better than P90X

inb4 you say you can't get endurance from it, just run.

WannaBeATank
06-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Let him do it guys. Lets see how this works out. Take progress photos, and post when done.

Bruno93
06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Let him do it guys. Lets see how this works out. Take progress photos, and post when done.

Well his cut progress won't be impaired by his workout choice, but he sure as hell is gonna lose quite alot of strength.

WannaBeATank
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Well his cut progress won't be impaired by his workout choice, but he sure as hell is gonna lose quite alot of strength.

I know. he is not going to listen, so let him do what he wants to do.

ForearmBrahh
06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
P 90x is a good program for losing fat, your strength will teeter on maintaining and losing but thats the price to pay for getting cut. I personally just lift as I normally do but do Ab Ripper X. Good luck