PDA

View Full Version : Does the color of urine affect KetoStix results? Just wondering

RobotDeathSquad
05-23-2011, 05:48 AM
Will yellow urine make the test pad at the end of a KetoStix strip go darker than normal, thus making it look like one is in ketosis?

I know that colored urine is a sign of low dehydration, I am working on drinking an adequate amount of water.

calutaxi
05-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Will yellow urine make the test pad at the end of a KetoStix strip go darker than normal, thus making it look like one is in ketosis?

I know that colored urine is a sign of low dehydration, I am working on drinking an adequate amount of water.

The degree of ketosis is pretty much irrelevant. It's one of those things that you're either in it, or you're not.
I know this isn't exactly answering your question but to that topic I really don't know. I know extremely diluted urine can work in the opposite direction.

tonytoo
05-23-2011, 10:36 AM
nah your body is just flushing excess urea and other toxins out, congrats you have healthy functioning kidneys. drink more water it will turn clear if it bothers you.