PDA

View Full Version : My Road To Recovery: elbow surgery

kidwitbigchest
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/vvvMARCOvvv/kjkjk.jpg

I am 19 and I just got anthroscopic surgery 2 weeks ago at Shands(UF). Had a bonespur. Havent worked out in 8 months. Thats when everything started...skipping all the great stuff I'll get to where I am at now. I got skinny, you can still tell I worked out before...but not much :/ I was in my prime when I was 17 benching 265. After my cut is when I got injured I was 18....So I ended up being a small injured guy :(

My elbow is still kinda stiff, I have to force it a little with my other hand to get FULL ROM(hurts, but doc said I should start forcing). Doc told me on my followup appt. that he went to town on my elbow and the recovery stage should just be a few more weeks. When the stiffness stops and there is no pain throughout the full ROM I can start lightweight. But I am in NO RUSH. Ill give it an extra week or so after the stifness/pain goes away before touching any weight. But he basically told me "when it feels good you can start weights." Right now I am just doing some exercises for post surgery that I had to start the DAY AFTER SURGEY. Bending elbow and some forearm stuff...every hour or so. And I am still doing that. Most important thing is that I should keep bending it 10x every hour.

Thinking ahead now...A week after I feel no pain or stiffness I will start LIGHT weight...dont know how light, he just said light...but I dont think he ment 5lbs...I will prob stay away from PRESS exercises once I begin weight lifting. Prob cuz I am just paranoid about it.

joemazzoni
01-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi, just saw your post. I have a really bad bone spur and most likely will have surgery to remove it. How are you progressing?

JRT6
02-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I had surgery to remove a nickle sized spur in mine but I waited too long and the bone remodeled so I regained no range of motion.