PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder "tightness" raising hand over head

BigAl33
04-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I was trying to do standing military press today and this dull pain in the my right shoulder. It was not too painful but performing the movement it was very tight and weaker then my left shoulder. I dont know how I may have hurt this but also when I lift my arm all the way up I can feel the tightness around the shoulder area. When I do a front double bicep pose I can tell my hurt shoulder is small then my other. It doesnt raise as high as the other. Also as I was military pressing I felt a tingling feeling near my lat/shoulder area of the hurt area. any idea?

tfk44
04-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I felt a numb pain in my L shoulder and I was definitely weaker on that side with a limited ROM. I gave it about two weeks of rest, then saw an orthopedist who diagnosed it as biceps tendinitis with a possible labrum tear. I did some physical therapy to try and make it heal faster, but that seemed to just slow down the recovery. I'd recommend just taking some time off any overhead stuff, shoulders, arms, or dips and seeing how that goes for a few weeks.