PDA

View Full Version : Numbness during and after workouts

Bordiss
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I havent worked out in a while, but I never 'really' got too out of shape. I joined the gym two weeks ago, and have been doing fine. I noticed a little bit of numbness yesterday about 15minutes into a 30minute cardio. Started with the right foot, then a little in the left. I wonder if Im just going too hard and my cadiopulminary just cant keep up with the oxygen delivery yet. I did HEAVY weights (heavy for me) for arms and back two days ago (before the numbness issues) and I have since noticed that I have periodic light numbness in my fingers.

Thoughts? If it does it for more than a few days Im going to the DR, but I was curious if others experience this.

Bordiss
03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Ive done a little more reading and it appears there is a connection to Elipticals and numbness... Im thinking of hitting up the DR tomorrow just to be sure it isnt something bad, but has anyone else read or experienced this as phenomenon? I cant handle jogging due to a bum knee that swells to the size of a basketball if I impact on it... I guess trying a different cardio and seeing the effects would be easiest.

More to come as I experiment on myself. >:)

markymark321
03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Ive done a little more reading and it appears there is a connection to Elipticals and numbness... Im thinking of hitting up the DR tomorrow just to be sure it isnt something bad, but has anyone else read or experienced this as phenomenon? I cant handle jogging due to a bum knee that swells to the size of a basketball if I impact on it... I guess trying a different cardio and seeing the effects would be easiest.

More to come as I experiment on myself. >:)

Numbness could be a symptom of a nerve compression somewhere. Is it just on your feet? Or does it follow a particular pathway in your leg