PDA

View Full Version : Calling current girl by ex-gf's name...oh lawd

backinbusiness
02-13-2011, 10:39 PM
The current girl that I am seeing has a name that is somewhat close to my ex's..

I've slipped up a few times although caught myself midway through. Luckily I highly doubt she knows my ex's name...we've been seperated for about 2 years now or something.

I have no lingering feelings, so why is this happening? I don't understand.

Errorist
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Does it happen randomly, or are you in a certain mood when you slip? When my mom is pissing me off, I call her by my ex's name sometimes, which is weird because I don't typically even use my mom's name when addressing her.

backinbusiness
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
it seems to only happen when things are getting hot in bed....I guess when my mind starts to shut off a little. Mind off penis engage?

Cornwall
02-13-2011, 11:15 PM
lol at least they are close in how they sound. I was seeing this one girl and not "technically" dating so this other girl would come over to hang out a couple times a week. Girl I was "with" name was Ashley and the others name was Jackie. Jackie had a little sister that was friends with Ashley.

Anyways one night was at Jackie's house and lil sis came home. Got a call from Ashley about 1 minute later lol.

Couple days later Ashley and I got done banging and I called her Jackie.

She flipped sh*t.

/offtopic

On topic/

Does she do something in bed that reminds you of said ex gf?

x1Dylan1x
02-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Lol I do the same sh!t, luckily for me my girl is a biotch and just sits there and stares and me and gets over it...but its probally because your still use to adressing things to your other girlfriend? If you have no feelings for your ex it can't be because your thinking of her at the time. Idk best bet is try thinkin before saying anything or jus not saying her name at all lol..goodluck with that

badadvice
02-13-2011, 11:22 PM
I've had this problem.

From time to time I have dreams involving an ex of mine. I have this worry that during my sleep I'll say her name in my half-awake babble instead of my gf's.

jackamo2887
02-13-2011, 11:48 PM
My current girlfriends name is the same as the girl I have been talking to/flirting with and will probably make my girlfriend eventually.

Yes, I am irate, yes it will be awkward.