PDA

View Full Version : question about my iphone and jailbreaking

Wu-Massacre
02-09-2011, 02:12 AM
okay i have not updated my iphone since september and im still running on version 4.0.1 what im trying to ask is if i can update my phone to the current update and jailbreak again and get back every app i got from cydia or installous or would i have to redownload everything. And what happens when i just try to update a jailbroken iphone does it just unbreak it and make it normal with everything still there?

JDraft
02-09-2011, 04:25 AM
I honestly wouldn't bother updating and then re-jailbreaking. I've said it before, but everything that Apple releases through an update will be figured out and released by a dev in the jailbreak community, and probably be made even better.

dvrmstrng
02-09-2011, 08:01 AM
okay i have not updated my iphone since september and im still running on version 4.0.1 what im trying to ask is if i can update my phone to the current update and jailbreak again and get back every app i got from cydia or installous or would i have to redownload everything. And what happens when i just try to update a jailbroken iphone does it just unbreak it and make it normal with everything still there?

There is a paid app in cydia (for the name at the moment) that saves a list of everything you have downloaded and all your settings to allow you to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2, jailbreak, and then get all your stuff back.

Boatski
02-09-2011, 09:15 AM
PKGBackup

Wu-Massacre
02-09-2011, 01:43 PM
okay so when i back thing up can i just update my phone and it will un-jail break on its own?

Boatski
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
okay so when i back thing up can i just update my phone and it will un-jail break on its own?

When you update you will lose the jailbreak. You will then need to download greenpoison to jailbreak again.