PDA

View Full Version : ps3 red light of death - getting game out

GetCrunK
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
ok guys my ps3 crashed today. ive watched some youtube videos online about how to fix it and im going to attempt that next week. in the meantime my copy of black ops is still in ps3. ive watched some videos on youtube about holding the eject button while powering it on will eject it, but this doesnt work for me...

when im dissassembling the ps3 will i be able to get the game out or what? thanks

jawnzer
02-05-2011, 06:50 PM
You will have to wait til your system works again, no way of getting it out unless it is on.

freddy kruger
02-05-2011, 10:27 PM
i suppose youve tried, but have a go at turning it off and on again at the power, and then hitting the eject button to turn it on.

GetCrunK
02-05-2011, 10:56 PM
i suppose youve tried, but have a go at turning it off and on again at the power, and then hitting the eject button to turn it on.

yeah bro ive tried that it worked for others on their youtube videos, mine just makes that beeping noise and flashes red again.

thanks for responding reps to you two

TexasHeat
02-05-2011, 11:21 PM
You will have to wait til your system works again, no way of getting it out unless it is on.

you could destroy it like i did to get it out.

I got the yellow light of death for PS3

Negatron617
02-06-2011, 12:00 AM
hmm

i read somewhere you have to hold the power and eject button and it will reset the fan or some**** and eject any disc

edit: turn off ps3....hold eject button........power on.....keep pressing eject button.........fan should turn on and go crazy disc spat out

edit: didnt real OP.....ur fukt

eskyhoneybeev2
02-06-2011, 12:38 AM
if u have a heat gun, rubbing alchohol and thermal paste, you are good to go, i fixed mine a month ago now, still running sweet as ever

209manny
02-06-2011, 02:01 AM
forget about fixing it. Just sell it for $70 and put it towards another one.

Once it gets the ylod, you are pretty much f*cked, it will eventually break again.

the-craig
02-06-2011, 02:21 AM
forget about fixing it. Just sell it for $70 and put it towards another one.

Once it gets the ylod, you are pretty much f*cked, it will eventually break again.

This is true. I got the yellow light of death so I paid to get it fixed and I got a 6 month warranty on that. It broke a few days before the warranty was up so I got it fixed again for free, then not long outside the next 6 month warranty it broke again. I sold it to my mate for 30 for him to get it fixed, and it broke again 4 month later. It's honestly not worth it unless you can do it yourself for next to nothing. Even then though it's annoying.

GetCrunK
02-06-2011, 04:29 AM
yeah im gonna attempt to fix it and hopefully when i disassemble it ill be able to get game out. if its not that hard to fix ill just keep doing that but if i cant fix it ill just sell it to some1 who wants to mess with it and put money down for new one.

ukero
02-06-2011, 06:40 AM
why is it all these next gen consoles that are experiencing all the problems? this shiit never existed in the ps2, xbox or gamecube days.

scotyg
02-06-2011, 06:42 AM
mines getting the red light right now (just after yesterday I made a post about how i cant believe it has lasted this long)

this is not something i can afford to replace right now. will try to fix it but if it doesnt work im not too upset. ive had the thing for 4 years and its been used to watch netflix almost nonstop the last two years

Bababooey100
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
On the bottom there's a panel you can take off and get it out with a screwdriver. Mine decided to do this on Christmas morning.

1)
With the front of the console facing towards you, carefully turn the console over so that the reverse side is now facing upwards. Locate the HDD screw cover

2)
Lift and remove the HDD screw cover and insert a screwdriver into the location on the right.
The screw on the left holds the HDD in place. This should not be opened if attempting to eject a disk.

3) Once the corresponding groove is found, turn the screwdriver anti-clockwise to begin the release mechanism. The disk will slowly be ejected.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/08/ps3-slim-unboxing2-dsc_0048-rm-eng.jpg

Steel_Reserve
02-06-2011, 09:27 AM
why is it all these next gen consoles that are experiencing all the problems? this shiit never existed in the ps2, xbox or gamecube days.

The first Xbox broke all the time. Mine crapped out like 20 minutes before beating Fable and Jade Empire

Enigmatic800
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Lol???

Turn it on at the switch so only the red light is on then, hold eject for 10+ seconds then its forced to come out...

IanFromScotland
02-06-2011, 09:39 AM
i got mines out easily when i had the light

BigdannyB
02-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Happened to me. Had to send to Sony, $150 or so later and they sent it back good as new. Happens alot to the original ps3. Over heats and fries a circuit board inside.