PDA

View Full Version : Champion Hex or Body Solid Hex Dumbbells

psychzoangief
01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Basic dumbbells...can anyone let me know if there is a definite difference between the two brands? Just wondering if I can save some money ordering the Champion....

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

echase5
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Basic dumbbells...can anyone let me know if there is a definite difference between the two brands? Just wondering if I can save some money ordering the Champion....

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

No links provided... but the differences I have noted in hex dumbells are that some are rubber coated, and some have contoured grips. I like the contoured grips, but wouldn't pay much for the feature. Rubber coating is not needed by me, since I drop 'em on stall mats.

Not sure if this applies to these brands.

psychzoangief
01-12-2011, 02:32 PM
No links provided... but the differences I have noted in hex dumbells are that some are rubber coated, and some have contoured grips. I like the contoured grips, but wouldn't pay much for the feature. Rubber coating is not needed by me, since I drop 'em on stall mats.

Not sure if this applies to these brands.

Sorry for the no links...however, they are just the simple grey non-coated generic dumbbells....Champion has what they call Ergo Handles but I'm unclear about the Body Solid....

Body Solid --- fitnessfactory.com/Home/item.cfm?id=3054[/url]

Champion --- picture is attached.

My posts are limited so the "link" for Body Solid is not hyperlinked.

captainmorgan0
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Just buy the cheapest

jtyler30
01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Just buy the cheapest

^This. I dislike the ergo handles though. You might want to try them if you haven't they just don't feel right to me.

fpc4ever
01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Go to fitnessequipmentandmore.com and get the VTX 12 sided dumbbells. With their 15% off code you can get 5-90 lbs for less than .90 LB shipped.

echase5
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
^This. I dislike the ergo handles though. You might want to try them if you haven't they just don't feel right to me.

To each thier own, I like the ergo handles.

Have you checked your local craigslist? If money is important, you can expect to save 30-60% by purchasing used. Despite possible chips on the paint they will be just as heavy as new ones.