PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Mosquite .22 keeps jamming

scrmnws6
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
WTF is wrong with this gun? The bullets don't feed into the chamber properly for some reason. Anyone else have this problem? It doesn't matter if its rapid fire or a pull of the trigger every 2 seconds, same end result. I'm ready to sell this thing and get a different .22 as my P226 is flawless, that's why I bought the .22 from Sig.

gixxer0.6g
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
WTF is wrong with this gun? The bullets don't feed into the chamber properly for some reason. Anyone else have this problem? It doesn't matter if its rapid fire or a pull of the trigger every 2 seconds, same end result. I'm ready to sell this thing and get a different .22 as my P226 is flawless, that's why I bought the .22 from Sig.

Have you tried several types of ammo?

scrmnws6
12-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes, tried a few different manufacturers and it does the same thing. I even changed out the spring to see if that would make a difference, nada.

therocuno
12-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I have A Sig .45 ACP 1911 and it used to do the same thing when it wasn't oiled. Make sure it is oiled well.

insomniac23
12-28-2010, 01:38 PM
maybe try a new magazine if they make aftermarket ones?

2k10SS
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
What ammo did you try?

bodybybalco86
12-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Clean the gun,oil, then test different ammo then test different magazines.

Morpheus16
12-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Did you research the gun before you bought it? The general consensus on gun forums is that it's a cheaply made POS.

Turbomunkey
12-28-2010, 05:30 PM
An issue I have with my .22 rifle is sometimes I assemble it and it feed properly. Break it down and reassemble, problem is gone and gun runs perfectly.

as stated by others; break it down, reassemble, and oil it non stingily.

scrmnws6
12-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Did you research the gun before you bought it? The general consensus on gun forums is that it's a cheaply made POS.

Did not research, unfortunately. After reading NOW all of the reviews on it, I regret not doing any research, but after owning a few Sig's in larger caliber, I didn't hesitate not to trust their good track record with my guns.

Broke down, cleaned, oiled, assembled, still the same.

freddy kruger
12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
not many fans of the mosquito at all. i was looking into it as one of my first hanguns but now im not to sure...

the feed ramp needs to be polished is one of the first things that needs to be done.
the second is there is a lip from the feed ramp into the chamber. **** idea. that has to be filed down so rounds feed smothly up the ramp into the chamber.
third is minimags. the cut and paste from SIG about issues with the Mosquitos is to use minimags... but if you do the other **** and try the other spring that comes with the gun then it should technically start to work at some sort of acceptable level with any sort of ammo...

houndstoothgrin
12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
unfortunately, the mosquito is notoriously bad.

if you don't want to return it, try looking up some dremel cures for the feed ramp. a lot of people have done that on both the mosquitos and 226/p6 variants if im not mistaken.

also, try an ammo with a "hard" bullet tip if that makes sense. i used to have a .22 that wouldn't take anything that had a soft lead tip or a hollowpoint until it was well well broken in. Personally, I've found the federal .22 bulk pack of like 500 rounds from Wal-Mart is the absolute best stuff for breaking in .22s. Very clean and feeds really well.

KIDRR
12-29-2010, 01:24 AM
A lot of .22's can jam from over lubrication also. My 10/22 runs better dry

Poppy83
12-29-2010, 05:42 AM
A lot of .22's can jam from over lubrication also. My 10/22 runs better dry

I have a Sig522 and it has run extremely well regardless, but just a little bit of lube on the bolt (very little!) seems to make it run extremely well.

MagnumPeanut82
12-29-2010, 06:23 AM
CCI Mini-Mags. Try those. From people I know that fight with the mosquito apparently this is the only ammo it likes.