PDA

View Full Version : just so i understand

coopermax
12-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Just so i am clear cause there is a lot of conflicting info on KETO

1-no more than 5% cars per day
2-post workout nutrition is protein only
3-carb up is on the weekend fri afternoon to sat midnight-amounts varies person to person
4-for keto bulk there is also a midweek carb up
5-carbs should come from veggies

also what is the macronutrient ratio for keto

and anyone keto bulking ? what type of results

and many grams of carbs for the carb up, and from what source

Black_Spit
12-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Ketogenic standard diet (you can move these around slightly, and they will usually never be exact, don't sweat the small stuff): 60-65% fat, 0-5% carbs, 30-35% protein.

I'd skip post wo carbs, but some people like to do 10-15g dex/malt/waxy maize.

Mid week carbup while bulking is optional. Experiment. If you try it, start with about 200-250 carbs. That's probably the high end.

Weekend carbload is individual too. Obese people can skip altogether. General rule is the more overweight you are and/or if the intensity of workouts is low (ie;cardio only maybe) the smaller the carbup needs to be. Again, experiment. The average person will do 12-48 hours, close to 600+ carbs a day both days on the high end.

coopermax
12-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Ketogenic standard diet (you can move these around slightly, and they will usually never be exact, don't sweat the small stuff): 60-65% fat, 0-5% carbs, 30-35% protein.

Mid week carbup while bulking is optional. Experiment. If you try it, start with about 200-250 carbs. That's probably the high end.

Weekend carbload is individual too. Obese people can skip altogether. General rule is the more overweight you are and/or if the intensity of workouts is low (ie;cardio only maybe) the smaller the carbup needs to be. Again, experiment. The average person will do 12-48 hours, close to 600+ carbs a day both days on the high end.

and ALL carbs count correct...i thought i read a lot of people on KETO eating all the veggies they want, ?? did i misunderstand

Black_Spit
12-24-2010, 10:36 AM
and ALL carbs count correct...i thought i read a lot of people on KETO eating all the veggies they want, ?? did i misunderstand

All carbs except fiber. If a food has 6 carbs and 4 of that is fiber, you will count 2 grams.

coopermax
12-24-2010, 10:55 AM
All carbs except fiber. If a food has 6 carbs and 4 of that is fiber, you will count 2 grams.

got it thanks

by the way, what has been your experience with keto, have you been doing it for a while, do you do it to cut or bulk, ???? I'm not lazy, and certainly dont mind doing my own research, but it pretty amazing the amount of confusing info on this subject, i guess maybe cause its kind of new in the weight training circuit?

Black_Spit
12-24-2010, 11:03 AM
I've used it as far back as 2002. I used a tkd style and got down to 8% bf. By far the leanest I've ever been.

Every year after that up until 06 or so, I used it in spring or summer.

Then I spent the following 2-3 years getting fat. Still working out, but not paying attn to diet, making some attempts, but failing to follow through. Currently 11 weeks in and down 44 lb's. :eek:

This time I think I'm going to stay on for good instead of using it for spring/summer "cutting" lol.

Black_Spit
12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
And it's confusing bc every specialty under the sun is confusing.

Take global warming. You had 20,000 scientists signing a petition last year saying essentially that it's bs. Yet, there are countless thousands of scientists who will tell you it's a consensus.

Lucky for us, diet isn't something we have to take someone's word for. We can try things out and see for ourselves.

lzer00nel
12-24-2010, 06:10 PM

this is true... until you go into this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130203133
where it says 200g carbs is not enough. OP, buy lyle mcdonalds book and just follow what IT says to the letter. Nearly every advice poster here recommends something else, at least with a book you have a clear and definite reference.

Black_Spit
12-24-2010, 07:10 PM
this is true... until you go into this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130203133
where it says 200g carbs is not enough. OP, buy lyle mcdonalds book and just follow what IT says to the letter. Nearly every advice poster here recommends something else, at least with a book you have a clear and definite reference.

If you'll read more carefully, you'll see that the 200-250 high end I recommended was for a Wednesday carbload on a ckd bulk. And the link was a standard ckd refeed. In fact my recommendations matched up perfectly with that thread in almost every way. My recommendations were based on the Anabolic Diet by Mauro DiPasquale, but I like Lyle's books, too, as you do.